Windows 10: User account configuration - Microsoft Account with local password

Discus and support User account configuration - Microsoft Account with local password in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I recently realized that my account at Windows 10 is configured in a "strange way". I have local account, but it seems to be connected with Microsoft... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Michal Socha, Dec 27, 2020.

1. User account configuration - Microsoft Account with local password

I recently realized that my account at Windows 10 is configured in a "strange way". I have local account, but it seems to be connected with Microsoft Account it can be seen on activation screen.

In control panel settings my user account is listed as local account "Konto Lokalne":

User account configuration - Microsoft Account with local password 7b79d99c-16a8-45cc-99dc-acdc2d18557f?upload=true.jpg

However in account info under "settings" application it is stated that it's connected with Microsoft Account:

User account configuration - Microsoft Account with local password cd29a2f3-2203-4886-99fd-b2074bed465b?upload=true.jpg

And under "activation" section it is stated that windows was activated sucessfully using digital license connected with my Microsoft Account:

User account configuration - Microsoft Account with local password d6938008-995d-4264-b3d3-aeb12c96d015?upload=true.jpg

Does anyone know how can I configure account in above way? I've bough new PC and want to setup account in a same way as I have on my another PC. I've tried to create local account - but in this case in "activation" section license is not connected with my Microsoft Account. When I convert my local acount into Microsoft Account, I have to login each time using my microsoft account password not local password. Is there are possiblity to have Microsoft Account but use local password to log into Windows?

:)

Michal Socha, Dec 27, 2020
  2. Yaqub K Win User

Local Account password changed to Online Account Password

Hi,

I suggest you to follow the steps on how to switch from Microsoft account to Local account:

• Click on search in taskbar and type account.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Now, under Your account, click on Sign in with Local account instead.
    • Enter your Microsoft account password for confirmation and then follow the screen instruction.
    • Enter User name credentials for your the Local account and click OK.
    • Now, login to Local account.
    Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Dec 27, 2020
  3. How to Change Microsoft user account to local user account

Hi Pchelpmenow,

At this situation, what I can suggest you is you have to convert the Microsoft user account to local user account.

• Log to the system using her user account.

• Go to settings and click on Accounts.

• Click on Your email and accounts and click on
      Sign-in with a local account instead.

• Enter the password, click on Next
      and follow the onscreen instruction to convert into local account.
    Hope this helps. Let us know the result for further assistance.

Thank you.

Billion Debbarma, Dec 27, 2020
  4. Kari Win User

User account configuration - Microsoft Account with local password

Local Acct user and MS account user - sync them or merge them

If the local account is the one where you have most of your personal data, this is how I would do it:

• Sign in to your Microsoft account
    • Copy all documents, pictures and other personal data from Microsoft account's user folders to corresponding folders in user Public (contents of MS account Documents folder to Public Documents folder and so on)
    • Sign out from Microsoft account
    Notice that above steps are only required if Microsoft account user folders contain data you want to keep. If its user folders are empty or do not contain anything worth saving, you can skip the above steps. Continue from below.

• Sign in to the local account
    • Delete the Microsoft account (Option One in this tutorial)
    • Switch your local account to a Microsoft account (tutorial)
    • Copy the data backed up from old Microsoft account to Public folders to new Microsoft account in corresponding folders

That's it. Using the Public folders as temporary storage you will have none whatsoever file owner / permission issues later on.

Thema:

User account configuration - Microsoft Account with local password

1. User account configuration - Microsoft Account with local password - Similar Threads - User account configuration

2. Change from local account or local configuration without Microsoft account to Office 365...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change from local account or local configuration without Microsoft account to Office 365...: I have Windows 10 with local configuration without personal Microsoft account and, in "Access work or school", I logged in with my company's account.:My big problem is that, now, I would like to switch my local account to my work access account office 365. Is there a way to...
  3. Change from local account or local configuration without Microsoft account to Office 365...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change from local account or local configuration without Microsoft account to Office 365...: I have Windows 10 with local configuration without personal Microsoft account and, in "Access work or school", I logged in with my company's account.:My big problem is that, now, I would like to switch my local account to my work access account office 365. Is there a way to...
  4. Change from local account or local configuration without Microsoft account to Office 365...

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Microsoft Account using local password

Microsoft Account using local password: Hi, I recently bought a new SurfacePro to replace my older laptop and desktop. When setting up initially I was unable to connect to the internet. I had to set up with a local username and temporary I thought password. When I was able to connect I entered my Microsoft ID...
  6. Local User Account

Local User Account: Hi, I have a problem that I cant delete my other local user account, already perform Setting > Account > Family and other user > remove account But still the user appear, appreciate for the help, thanks...
  7. local user account

local user account: how do I access the one that I created https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/local-user-account/ee6a2922-2dfb-4e0b-9944-70cfa2a5be8d
  8. Local user account with no need for password

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Local user account with no need for password: Hi, I have two computers. One is a Windows 7 and I am in the process of upgrading that to Win 10. The other is a new Dell Optiplex 5270, Win 10 Pro 64-bit, 8GB RAM, 512GB SSD OS drive. Question regarding the new Dell Optiplex: One thing I want to do is have my computer...
  9. Problems with Local (NOT Microsoft Account) Password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Problems with Local (NOT Microsoft Account) Password: 1. There is no option to change the password when I press CTRL-ALT-DELETE. 2. When I try to change the password using Windows 10 Settings, I can only change the password to my Microsoft account, not the password I use to log into the laptop. 3. My account is an...
  10. using local password with microsoft account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    using local password with microsoft account: So I have a complex password for my online Microsoft account, I never type it in, its used with a secure clipboard from a password manager. If I use a Microsoft account with windows 10 it also uses the password which is a pain to type in, is there no way to use a local...