Windows 10: User Account Control - "An administrator has blocked you from running this app. For more...

Discus and support User Account Control - "An administrator has blocked you from running this app. For more... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; User Account Control - I am getting this message "An administrator has blocked you from running this app. For more information contact the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by RJS541009, Apr 3, 2020.

1. RJS541009 Win User

User Account Control - "An administrator has blocked you from running this app. For more...

User Account Control - I am getting this message "An administrator has blocked you from running this app. For more information contact the administrator." This is my personal computer. I am the administrator. How do I resolve this issue. The program is a stand alone and on my hard drive. I have been using it for several years.

:)

RJS541009, Apr 3, 2020
  2. EBetts Win User

User Account Control blocks an app

I have tried every suggestion that I have seen on this bug and still cannot get around it! I downloaded some genealogy software called Legacy 8, but Windows won't let me run the Setup file. I get a pop up that says:

User Account Control

This app has been blocked for your protection.

An administrator has blocked you from running this app. For more information, contact the administrator.

Program name: Legacy8Setup.exe

Publisher: Not Trusted

File Origin: Hard drive on this computer

Program location: C:\Users\.............

But when I click on the file properties, there is no option to unblock as in the instructions I've seen here and on other sites. I even tried a tech chat with Microsoft, but the tech was clueless! I could tell by her questions that she didn't understand
    my problem. If I can't get any help here, I guess I'll just have to take it to Office Depot or somewhere.

EBetts, Apr 3, 2020
  3. RI help Win User
    User account control

I had a program which ran fine until the last update. It's called Calendar Creator.

Today I tried to open it, and received the following message:

The top section is all in red and reads:

User Account Control X

This app has been blocked for your protection.

The part under this line is just in black and white

An admininstrator has blocked you from running this app. For more information, contact the administrator.

Creator.exe

Publisher: ......

File origin:........

Program Location:....

Now, I'm signed in as the administrator. I've tried right clicking Creator.exe and then "run as administrator" but pops the same above window up.

I've checked the "properties" of this file and it has "Full control" for Users and Administrator.

I've tried running the program DVD to setup the program again but get the same "User Account Control" window except instead of Creator.exe, it list setup.exe

How can I get this program running again?

RI help, Apr 3, 2020
  4. angus Win User

User Account Control - "An administrator has blocked you from running this app. For more...

Settings can't be opened using the built-in administrator account

Hello,
    Unfortunately I have the same issue as Dabz from upgrading win7 to win10.
    I've tried opening settings using all the suggested methods and it will not load using my account with Administrator access nor the built-in Administrator profile. I also tried other methods not listed such as using Run. Control panel is just a stepping stone to add users in Settings.
    I'm also having explorer.exe issues, which I believe is preventing Settings from loading.
    Using cmd (Admin) I successfully created a new user profile [and granted admin access also using cmd (Admin)], however win10 will not allow this account to log on. win10 does not list this new user within control panel but it does in the start menu. win10 will not allow to log in or switch to the new account via the start menu either.
    I can access settings in Safe Mode but this will not allow me to create a new account.
    Any help/suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
    Cheers

angus, Apr 3, 2020
Thema:

1. User Account Control - "An administrator has blocked you from running this app. For more... - Similar Threads - User Account Control

2. An Administrator has blocked you from running this app.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    An Administrator has blocked you from running this app.: I have had an app on my system for years. It has worked faultlessly every time I have needed it, it did backups of my data.I have just noticed that it has stopped automatically backing up my machine so went to investigate and got the above message.I am the only administrator...
  3. An Administrator has blocked you from running this app.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    An Administrator has blocked you from running this app.: I have had an app on my system for years. It has worked faultlessly every time I have needed it, it did backups of my data.I have just noticed that it has stopped automatically backing up my machine so went to investigate and got the above message.I am the only administrator...
  4. MMC : An Administrator has blocked you from running app

in Windows 10 Customization
    MMC : An Administrator has blocked you from running app: Recently, out of the blue, I got an error message about "snap in" but I didn't get to read it properly before closing it by accident. After that, I can't seem to start things like Device Manager or Task scheduler please see attached image below. However, if I start a CMD...
  5. An Administrator has blocked you from running this app...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    An Administrator has blocked you from running this app...: Hello, First of all, I have the administrative rights on my windows 10 computer but when I open the Services software on control panel, it says "An Administrator has blocked you from running this app..." when I am an Administrator and I only have one account in my computer....
  6. an administrator has blocked you from running this app

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    an administrator has blocked you from running this app: I'm trying to run a CD on my desktop but everytime I get the "an administrator has blocked you from running this app". I'm the administrator for my desktop so how can I unblock and run this CD installation?...
  7. An Administrator has blocked you from running this app..

An Administrator has blocked you from running this app..: I have a calendar program that I have been using for years Calendar Creator. Suddenly, after the latest Win 10 update, I get the message below. I AM the administrator. The only way I can get the program to run is to go to the command prompt with administrator privileges, and...
  8. an administrator has blocked you from running this app

an administrator has blocked you from running this app: here's the thing,one or two days ago, I noticed that in somewhere of the setting, it says your windows product life cycle is ending or something, so I upgraded from 1803 to 1909using indows 10 Update Assistantnd after that when I try to run xunlei.exe at d:,it says that "an...
  9. an administrator has blocked you from running this app

an administrator has blocked you from running this app: When ever i run an .msc extension system tool this error pop up and i tried many other way which were asked to fix this problem on Microsoft blog. Please help me....
  10. an administrator has blocked you from running this app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    an administrator has blocked you from running this app: I am trying out this 'getprivate' software and it installed correctly. When it run for first time it has no problem. when I close the windows, next time I launch it, it won't open, a window pop up, 'an administrator has blocked your from this app. I did some research on...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. an administrator blocked you from running this app