Windows 10: User Account Control and Admin Approval mode

Discus and support User Account Control and Admin Approval mode in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; In GPedit I set User Account Control: Run all administrators in Admin Approval mode to Disable, but that can be change by the User Account Control... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Elnegaard, Jun 24, 2020.

1. Elnegaard Win User

User Account Control and Admin Approval mode

In GPedit I set User Account Control: Run all administrators in Admin Approval mode to Disable, but that can be change by the User Account Control slider in the User Account Control Settings, how do I disable the slider function or make make the Approval mode read only.

It could also be EnableLUA set to 0, as read only

Any idears?

:)

Elnegaard, Jun 24, 2020
  2. Peer_Sam Win User

User Account Control prompt not showing for one admin account.

Hi Robert,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

When you say the default administrator account, are you referring to the built-in Administrator account?

The built-in Administrator does not get the UAC consent prompt. By default, it runs with full administrative privileges. The Admin Approval Mode for Built-in Administrator account security policy, controls whether the built-in Administrator account
    will be prompted by UAC just like other administrator accounts. This default behavior can be overridden by changing the Admin Approval Mode settings. Please refer to the following documentation.

User Account
    Control: Admin Approval Mode for the Built-in Administrator account

If it is not the built in Administrator account you are not getting the UAC prompts in, I am afraid that the user profile might be corrupted, however we can try with making some changes in the registry and see if it works.

Disclaimer: The registry is a database in Windows that contains important information about system hardware, installed programs and settings, and profiles of each of the user accounts
    on the computer. Windows often reads and updates the information in the registry.

Normally, software programs make registry changes automatically. You should not make unnecessary changes to the registry. Changing registry files incorrectly can cause Windows to stop working or make Windows report the wrong information.
    Please take a backup of the registry. Follow the steps given in the article below:

How to back up and restore the registry in Windows

• Open the Run dialog box by pressing the
      Windows key and the R key together.
    • Type Regedit and hit the Enter key.
    • Navigate to: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System
    • In the right pane, check if the value for EnableLUA DWORD is set it
      1, if no, change it to 1, reboot the computer and have a check.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Peer Samie

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Peer_Sam, Jun 24, 2020
  3. kenkickr Win User
    Deleting User Accounts

If you can access the admin account through safe mode then all you have to do to remove the other account passwords is go into User Accounts in the control panel and either delete the accounts or, I'm not sure, remove the account passwords.

kenkickr, Jun 24, 2020
  4. User Account Control and Admin Approval mode

Win 10 - user account control started blocking apps

Hi Greg,

for now I just simply disabled User Account Control: Run all administrators in Admin Approval Mode in Local Security Policy.

I will try your suggestion - Repair Install later.

THX for all your help.

Really User Account Control and Admin Approval mode :)

Regards, Uros

Uroš Sankovič, Jun 24, 2020
Thema:

User Account Control and Admin Approval mode

1. User Account Control and Admin Approval mode - Similar Threads - User Account Control

2. Cannot enable Admin Approval Mode for the Built-in Administrator account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot enable Admin Approval Mode for the Built-in Administrator account: I cannot enable "User Account Control: Admin Approval Mode for the Built-in Administrator account" to allow OneDrive context menus. What should I do?...
  3. Cannot enable Admin Approval Mode for the Built-in Administrator account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot enable Admin Approval Mode for the Built-in Administrator account: I cannot enable "User Account Control: Admin Approval Mode for the Built-in Administrator account" to allow OneDrive context menus. What should I do?...
  4. Allow Non-Admin user account to launch single application without Admin approval

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Allow Non-Admin user account to launch single application without Admin approval: I am looking for a method to allow a User account Non-administrator on a device to be able to launch an application that typically requires UAC prompt & admin password to run.I would like to do so, without also allowing the user to run other applications, or install software...
  5. Allow Non-Admin user account to launch single application without Admin approval

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Allow Non-Admin user account to launch single application without Admin approval: I am looking for a method to allow a User account Non-administrator on a device to be able to launch an application that typically requires UAC prompt & admin password to run.I would like to do so, without also allowing the user to run other applications, or install software...
  6. Allow Non-Admin user account to launch single application without Admin approval

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Admin approval mode

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Admin approval mode: I turned off "Run all administrators in Admin approval mode" in local security policy and some apps seem no longer ask for admin rights whenever I launch them. But does that mean they don't have admin rights or they simply use it without noticing? submitted by...
  8. User control access, NETPLWIZ, admin accounts

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    User control access, NETPLWIZ, admin accounts: I am running Win10, home user version, build 18363. I am listed as an administrator, but I cannot do any of the functions, troubleshooting, etc. When I run NETPLWIZ or o to control panel and try to change the account type the User Access Control screen pops up and says to...
  9. User Account Control will not change in non-admin accounts

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    User Account Control will not change in non-admin accounts: I have changed the UAC in my (Admin) account to turn it off. I have accounts for 3 other people, regular user accounts. On those regular accounts, if you try to start several of the games I have installed (LOTRO, Neverwinter, etc.) UAC stops the game from loading, asks if...
  10. Admin approval

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Admin approval: Hi gang, need a little help ! I just did a recovery on this computer & everytime i go to download anything it ask me for admin approval, i want to turn this off !! Any help appreciated ! Thanks Chuck 85906