Windows 10: User Account Control Denying Permission

Discus and support User Account Control Denying Permission in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; User Account Control in Windows 10 won't allow me to enter an admin user name or password. How do I correct that problem?... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by kmrjr, Jul 13, 2020.

1. kmrjr Win User

User Account Control Denying Permission

User Account Control in Windows 10 won't allow me to enter an admin user name or password. How do I correct that problem?

:)

kmrjr, Jul 13, 2020

2. annoying pop up: "user accounts...use the list below to grant or deny users permission"

This pop up keeps re-appearing. How do I deactivate it? It's not the one that notifies me if a program wants to make a change to the computer. It says: "user accounts...use the list below to grant or deny users permission"

I have tried changing passwords, etc. it just keeps popping up.

james lounsbury, Jul 13, 2020
  3. User Account Control

Hello Ridho,

To enable the User Account Control (UAC) on Windows 10, please follow these steps:

• Click the Start button, type UAC.
    • Click Change User Account Control settings.
    • Choose between two options to enable UAC:
      • Notify when apps try to make changes to your computer.
      • Always notify when installing or making any changes to your computer.
    • Click OK.
    • Click Yes or enter your password to finalize the change.
    Steps to disable User Account Control (UAC).

• Click the Start button, type UAC.
    • Click Change User Account Control settings.
    • Click Yes or enter your password.
    • Set the settings to Never notify.
    • Click OK to save the settings.
    Regards.

Devlin Sco, Jul 13, 2020
  4. scopio Win User

File permissions for another user

Still no joy. Test User can still write to the file. *Sad
    This are the steps I have done;

1. Created file in User account
    2. Copied file to Test User account
    3. Signed into Test User account
    4. Right click file
    5. Properties > Security > Edit > Add Test User > Allow Read > Deny Write > Advanced > Change Owner to Administrators > To Remove User account had to disable inheritance which removed all accounts except Test User and Administrator
    6. Test User can still write to the file!!

User Account Control Denying Permission [​IMG]

Still stuck. Test User still has full control of the file, he can write, modify, cut, copy, paste in fact as if the permissions had not been changed. *Confused
    Administrators permissions

scopio, Jul 13, 2020
Thema:

1. User Account Control Denying Permission - Similar Threads - User Account Control

2. Local account user denied

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Local account user denied: Please, I am trying to run programs on my laptop , windows 11. But acess is denied with the * yes* button disappearing. I have tried all means but with safe mode prompt command but the * yes* button does not appear. Please help me out...
  3. Local account user denied

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Local account user denied: Please, I am trying to run programs on my laptop , windows 11. But acess is denied with the * yes* button disappearing. I have tried all means but with safe mode prompt command but the * yes* button does not appear. Please help me out...
  4. Permission denied

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Permission denied: I am not able to use anything on my pc except the browser everytime I click on something it says permission denied and you don't specific path and u don't have app associated with it I am not able to use click on window search window button my computer only thing. Is working...
  5. Permission denied

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Permission denied: I am not able to use anything on my pc except the browser everytime I click on something it says permission denied and you don't specific path and u don't have app associated with it I am not able to use click on window search window button my computer only thing. Is working...
  6. User account permission

in Windows 10 Customization
    User account permission: I was just on with Adobe customer support for over 6 hours to troubleshoot why an Adobe Photomerge feature does not work on my machine. While they made me update everything in Windows and my video driver, nothing helped. Finally, the customer service person asked if they...
  7. File access lost (Administrator account) while denying permissions to users.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    File access lost (Administrator account) while denying permissions to users.: I share my computer with my brother, I have some business files which I do not want him to get access to. I am the admin and he has his own local User account and my business folder is in the Local Drive. I found out that I can 'deny' file permissions and foolishly denied...
  8. Permissions denied

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Permissions denied: I reinstalled win 10 and since then I am not allowed to open folders. Each time I have to release access by opening Properties, etc. I am the administrator and I want to have full access to EVERYTHING. How should I proceed, please?*Mad 130871
  9. Permissions denied

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Permissions denied: I reinstalled win 10 and since then I am not allowed to open folders. Each time I have to release access by opening Properties, etc. I am the administrator and I want to have full access to EVERYTHING. How should I proceed, please?*Mad 130871
  10. User account permissions...

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    User account permissions...: Purchased a new PC - ran the initial setup routines and set myself as (sole) user. Also set with NO password/local account... However, when I right-click-run-as-administrator an exe file or shortcut to run a programme I always recieve a pop-up asking if I want to make...