Windows 10: User Account Control doesn't work with windows hello

Discus and support User Account Control doesn't work with windows hello in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, so I have set face recognition and fingerprint sensor on my Lenovo Thinkpad and for some time I could use it for User Account Control prompts to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Vitezslav Zurek, Sep 23, 2022.

1. User Account Control doesn't work with windows hello

Hello, so I have set face recognition and fingerprint sensor on my Lenovo Thinkpad and for some time I could use it for User Account Control prompts to run task manager or some other things requiring elevation it's because of our company GPO these prompts appear.But later when I try it I get "The user name or password is incorrect". Why is that and how can I fix it? I don't know what did I do that broke this.

:)

Vitezslav Zurek, Sep 23, 2022
  2. BetoLP Win User

Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

User Account Control doesn't work with windows hello [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, Sep 23, 2022
  3. Windows Hello won't work for a family member account

• Have you applied a group policy? If yes, you may check this article on
      how to resolve the issue.
      • No group policy applied
    • Were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue (e.g., updates, software installation)?
      • It’s a new computer. As soon as I created my administrator account I created a family account for my wife. Everything else works on her account but Windows Hello does not work (the camera).
    • What is the exact error message?
      • I attempted to attach screen shots of each step we have gone through but it would accept Word or PDF files. Is there another way I can get them to you?
    • To make sure that we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far to resolve this?
      • I deleted her family member account, created a PC account (with the same results), deleted the PC account and recreated the family member account. No luck with her Windows Hello.
    There is a possibility that the family member account/profile that you have created is corrupted/damaged. We suggest that you try re-configuring the profile.
    (Already did that)

Michael_DS, Sep 23, 2022
  4. User Account Control doesn't work with windows hello

User Account Control

Hello Ridho,

To enable the User Account Control (UAC) on Windows 10, please follow these steps:

• Click the Start button, type UAC.
    • Click Change User Account Control settings.
    • Choose between two options to enable UAC:
      • Notify when apps try to make changes to your computer.
      • Always notify when installing or making any changes to your computer.
    • Click OK.
    • Click Yes or enter your password to finalize the change.
    Steps to disable User Account Control (UAC).

• Click the Start button, type UAC.
    • Click Change User Account Control settings.
    • Click Yes or enter your password.
    • Set the settings to Never notify.
    • Click OK to save the settings.
    Regards.

Devlin Sco, Sep 23, 2022
Thema:

User Account Control doesn't work with windows hello

1. User Account Control doesn't work with windows hello - Similar Threads - User Account Control

2. Windows Hello Fingerprint doesn't work on Microsoft account but works on local account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows Hello Fingerprint doesn't work on Microsoft account but works on local account: Hello,I have a Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Carbon Gen 9.When I first set up this computer, the windows hello fingerprint seemed to fail the setup, so I just used the pin as I used to on my last laptop. I hoped that a windows update or driver update would fix this issue, but after a...
  3. Windows Hello Fingerprint doesn't work on Microsoft account but works on local account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Hello Fingerprint doesn't work on Microsoft account but works on local account: Hello,I have a Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Carbon Gen 9.When I first set up this computer, the windows hello fingerprint seemed to fail the setup, so I just used the pin as I used to on my last laptop. I hoped that a windows update or driver update would fix this issue, but after a...
  4. Windows Hello Fingerprint doesn't work on Microsoft account but works on local account

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. User Account Control doesn't work with windows hello

in Windows 10 Gaming
    User Account Control doesn't work with windows hello: Hello, so I have set face recognition and fingerprint sensor on my Lenovo Thinkpad and for some time I could use it for User Account Control prompts to run task manager or some other things requiring elevation it's because of our company GPO these prompts appear.But later...
  6. User Account Control doesn't work with windows hello

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    User Account Control doesn't work with windows hello: Hello, so I have set face recognition and fingerprint sensor on my Lenovo Thinkpad and for some time I could use it for User Account Control prompts to run task manager or some other things requiring elevation it's because of our company GPO these prompts appear.But later...
  7. Windows hello doesn't work

Windows hello doesn't work: Hey guys my windows hello and password not working how do I open my laptop I got an exam next week. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-hello-doesnt-work/08dcf4a6-640c-4b22-88ab-e223b9c1172a
  8. Windows Hello Doesn't Work

Windows Hello Doesn't Work: Stopped working all of a sudden. So I removed and am attempting to set up again. Now says "It looks like you have already set up Windows Hello on another account. Remove face recognition from your other account, and then try again". I don't have another account on this...
  9. User Account Control box doesn't show

in Windows 10 Customization
    User Account Control box doesn't show: When I do something that requires User Account Control, the screen goes grey, showing my desktop background, but the box to click yes or no doesn't actually show. At this point I can't do anything except press ctrl, alt, delete which causes the box to show for a second...
  10. User Account Control Doesn't Work Properly!

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    User Account Control Doesn't Work Properly!: Help? *cry Windows 10 Pro x64 Problem caused after running this batch file to reset Windows Update Windows Update - Reset in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Tutorials IlFXhjlzgw8 Also every time i'm starting my computer i'm getting this messege (I'm Clicking "Yes") [img]...