Windows 10: User Account Control issue

Discus and support User Account Control issue in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I used to be asked to authenticate(by password, PIN or Windows Hello) an action requiring admin rights eventhough I was logged in with administrator... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by SHASHWAT KHARE, Aug 16, 2019.

1. User Account Control issue

I used to be asked to authenticate(by password, PIN or Windows Hello) an action requiring admin rights eventhough I was logged in with administrator account but after some change to registry, I am not being asked to authenticate such admin level actions like installing a new software. Now, I am only being asked in a Dialog box of UAC(User Account Control) simple Yes or No for admin level action without asking for passwords,etc. I want to change this back so that an authentication is required for an admin level action. How do I do it?

:)

SHASHWAT KHARE, Aug 16, 2019

2. User Account Control

Hello Ridho,

To enable the User Account Control (UAC) on Windows 10, please follow these steps:

• Click the Start button, type UAC.
    • Click Change User Account Control settings.
    • Choose between two options to enable UAC:
      • Notify when apps try to make changes to your computer.
      • Always notify when installing or making any changes to your computer.
    • Click OK.
    • Click Yes or enter your password to finalize the change.
    Steps to disable User Account Control (UAC).

• Click the Start button, type UAC.
    • Click Change User Account Control settings.
    • Click Yes or enter your password.
    • Set the settings to Never notify.
    • Click OK to save the settings.
    Regards.

Devlin Sco, Aug 16, 2019
  3. Unable to Turn On User Account Control

Hi Nicky,

User Account Control (UAC) is a feature that was designed to prevent unauthorized changes to your computer. For us to isolate the issue, we suggest
    that you follow these steps to enable the User Account Control (UAC):

• Click on Start.
    • Type Control Panel, and then press Enter.
    • Click on System and Security.
    • Click on Security and Maintenance.
    • On the left pane, click on Change User Account Control settings.
    • The Slider should be set to the 3rd option from the bottom.
    • Click on OK button.

Let us know how it goes.

Janeane Cru, Aug 16, 2019
Thema:

User Account Control issue

1. User Account Control issue - Similar Threads - User Account Control

2. User account control settings issue.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    User account control settings issue.: Hey i was trying to anable "yes" so i can allow apps to make Chances to my computer. But when i go to user account control settings for that reason, the "will you allow this app" thing shows up and the only option i have is "No"....
  3. User account control settings issue.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    User account control settings issue.: Hey i was trying to anable "yes" so i can allow apps to make Chances to my computer. But when i go to user account control settings for that reason, the "will you allow this app" thing shows up and the only option i have is "No"....
  4. User account control settings issue.

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. User Account Control

in Windows 10 Gaming
    User Account Control: Hi Microsoft : First.......I bought a Beelink SEI8 mini pc not the best choice. The UAC is locked. [I contacted Beelink, and they weren't of much help] I get the error message : "Use Administative Account and login to continue". Currently, the OS is stuck on using a pin to...
  6. User Account Control

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    User Account Control: Somehow, I got locked out of my User Account. I can't make any changes. Every time I try to make a change, it asks if I want to make any changes. And the only button available is NO. I'm using Windows 10 / 64-bit. Thanks, Gary S. *** Email address is removed for privacy ***...
  7. User Account Control Issues Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    User Account Control Issues Windows 10: Why, when I am the only administrator, do I receive Account Control popup messages indicating that Administrator Approval is required and then it will not let me perform the action, even though I AM the only administrator? How do I fix this? I have to say, Windows...
  8. Ambushed by User Account Control Issue

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Ambushed by User Account Control Issue: Hi I've been researching this Forum on this problem, but I could not see whether or not there is a solution to the case. See SIMILAR threads but all seems not the same about the path to find a solution... Every time I try to open some certain non-Microsoft programs and...
  9. Advance user account control issue

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Advance user account control issue: i forgot my win 10 pw. i am able to login as a guest account but unable to make changes or open other applications cause its restricting as not as Admin. suggesting me to sign in as admin. need advice. these are the things i did to resolve this issue: 1) win + R type:...
  10. User Account Control

in Windows 10 Support
    User Account Control: I used to run W7 with a hdd supplemented by a Sandisk 32gb Readycache. It ran automatically on bootup, there was a desktop icon to check up on it. W7 is now running from an ssd and the Sandisk is now with the old 80gb hdd for W10. Every time that W10 gets to desktop, the User...