Windows 10: User Account Control popup comes up behind windows

Discus and support User Account Control popup comes up behind windows in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Ever since I got the Anniversary Update for Windows 10, more often than not when the User Account Control popup comes up when installing software or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Toasted Baby, Aug 27, 2016.

1. User Account Control popup comes up behind windows

Ever since I got the Anniversary Update for Windows 10, more often than not when the User Account Control popup comes up when installing software or whatever, it comes up behind the windows open on my desktop. Since I can't click the windows to minimize them, I have to click around and spam the mouse until it eventually appears. Is there a way to make it always appear on top of desktop windows so I don't have to spam to get it to appear? (Note: I have my computer set to not dim the desktop when the popup appears, since that's kinda annoying.)

EDIT: It also seems to happen with other windows, and they all seem to be Windows services like the User Account Control and Device Manager. Is there a way to make new windows always open on top?

:)

Toasted Baby, Aug 27, 2016

2. I do not have an administrator account on Windows 10 home only have Guest account witch is password protected

HI Jessen P thanks for the idea but when I click on the command prompt with (Admin) the user account control popup comes up and the yes button is grayed out the no button is the only button I can click on.

thanks.

Howard_35_78, Aug 27, 2016
  3. When the User Account control screen comes up it doesnt give me the option to select Yes, there is only a No prompt. Not sure what I have done

Hi

I've messed up when I have somehow on Windows 10 disabled the "YES" prompt when the User Account control screen comes up to change settings. So I cant change any settings on the PC

Can anyone assist?

Hennie Bonthuys, Aug 27, 2016
  4. Kallizm Win User

User Account Control popup comes up behind windows

After a fresh install of Windows 10 I'm noticing this issue now too. To expedite the process I just hit Esc and then launch the program again. The second time it will open up immediately in the front of the window.

Anyone have any idea as to what's happening?

Kallizm, Nov 10, 2016
Thema:

User Account Control popup comes up behind windows

1. User Account Control popup comes up behind windows - Similar Threads - User Account Control

2. Realtek Audio Popup not coming up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Realtek Audio Popup not coming up: I am using Windows 11 on a Dell Inspiron 15 3000 system. The edition is Windows 11 Home Single Language and version is 22H2. The OS build is 22621.1413. The Experience pack is Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22639.1000.0. When I hover the mouse on the speaker icon on the...
  3. Realtek Audio Popup not coming up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Realtek Audio Popup not coming up: I am using Windows 11 on a Dell Inspiron 15 3000 system. The edition is Windows 11 Home Single Language and version is 22H2. The OS build is 22621.1413. The Experience pack is Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22639.1000.0. When I hover the mouse on the speaker icon on the...
  4. User account control is not showing up.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    User account control is not showing up.: UAC or USER ACCOUNT CONTROL is never showing up, when i put admin on something or try to install something new on my pc. why? and how to fix? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/user-account-control-is-not-showing-up/b12d1d6b-1899-401c-86e1-3371904c5aec
  5. User account control is not showing up.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    User account control is not showing up.: UAC or USER ACCOUNT CONTROL is never showing up, when i put admin on something or try to install something new on my pc. why? and how to fix? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/user-account-control-is-not-showing-up/b12d1d6b-1899-401c-86e1-3371904c5aec
  6. User account control is not showing up.

7. Pop-up User Account Control

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pop-up User Account Control: Working on DELL desktop, initially with Windows 10 & upgraded to Windows 11 aka NIGHTMARE. I want to go back to W10, but "Reset this PC" will not allow me to. When I click on "Reset PC" A window from User Account Control pops up. I enter my password from Microsoft or dell and...
  8. Pop-up User Account Control

Pop-up User Account Control: Working on DELL desktop, initially with Windows 10 & upgraded to Windows 11 aka NIGHTMARE. I want to go back to W10, but "Reset this PC" will not allow me to. When I click on "Reset PC" A window from User Account Control pops up. I enter my password from Microsoft or dell and...
  9. User Account control pop up

in Windows 10 Customization
    User Account control pop up: When I click on my google browser icon in toolbar a UAC pop up ask if I want to let app make changes to computer Yes or No Why? I did not have to do this until a few days ago. What is making this happen?...
  10. Popup keeps coming up

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Popup keeps coming up: [ATTACH] I keep getting this ridiculous message popping up at random times. I never visited this site. I know it has to be malware or a virus. Am I correct and how do I get rid of it?...