Windows 10: User Account Control popup comes up behind windows

Discus and support User Account Control popup comes up behind windows in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Ever since I got the Anniversary Update for Windows 10, more often than not when the User Account Control popup comes up when installing software or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Toasted Baby, Aug 27, 2016.

1. User Account Control popup comes up behind windows

Ever since I got the Anniversary Update for Windows 10, more often than not when the User Account Control popup comes up when installing software or whatever, it comes up behind the windows open on my desktop. Since I can't click the windows to minimize them, I have to click around and spam the mouse until it eventually appears. Is there a way to make it always appear on top of desktop windows so I don't have to spam to get it to appear? (Note: I have my computer set to not dim the desktop when the popup appears, since that's kinda annoying.)

EDIT: It also seems to happen with other windows, and they all seem to be Windows services like the User Account Control and Device Manager. Is there a way to make new windows always open on top?

:)

Toasted Baby, Aug 27, 2016

2. I do not have an administrator account on Windows 10 home only have Guest account witch is password protected

HI Jessen P thanks for the idea but when I click on the command prompt with (Admin) the user account control popup comes up and the yes button is grayed out the no button is the only button I can click on.

thanks.

Howard_35_78, Aug 27, 2016
  3. When the User Account control screen comes up it doesnt give me the option to select Yes, there is only a No prompt. Not sure what I have done

Hi

I've messed up when I have somehow on Windows 10 disabled the "YES" prompt when the User Account control screen comes up to change settings. So I cant change any settings on the PC

Can anyone assist?

Hennie Bonthuys, Aug 27, 2016
  4. Kallizm Win User

User Account Control popup comes up behind windows

After a fresh install of Windows 10 I'm noticing this issue now too. To expedite the process I just hit Esc and then launch the program again. The second time it will open up immediately in the front of the window.

Anyone have any idea as to what's happening?

Kallizm, Nov 10, 2016
Thema:

User Account Control popup comes up behind windows

1. User Account Control popup comes up behind windows - Similar Threads - User Account Control

2. User Account Control

in Windows 10 Customization
    User Account Control: After I recently updated my Windows and ever since that update I keep getting the attached notification as soon as my computer boots up. I have attached two images of the question that comes up in a box called User Account Control. Once it comes up I say no and it goes away...
  3. USER ACCOUNT CONTROL

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USER ACCOUNT CONTROL: HOW DO I TURN THIS ON? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/user-account-control/1c59e94e-94c0-4bea-87b2-278a19c4b17d
  4. user control accounts

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    user control accounts: When ever I try to install my printer, User Accounts Control gives me this message: An administrator has blocked you from running this app. For more information contact the administrator. Please I need help with this...
  5. User Account Control

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    User Account Control: Can not run flight sim, user account control, this app has been blocked for your protection, how can I unblock it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/user-account-control/3744c0ce-07df-4c6f-8181-fbd7ab4b414c"
  6. User Account Control

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    User Account Control: OK, what did I do wrong? I cant troubleshoot because something is wrong with THAT! Disclosure....I've not been able to download Win10 update because of low disk space though I've tried everything. So far, that hadn't really been a problem Now This!! Anyone? [ATTACH]...
  7. USER ACCOUNT CONTROL

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USER ACCOUNT CONTROL: USER account Control has blocked me from running Apps I am supposed to contact the administrator, when I am the administrator! A little help here? Please! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/user-account-control/1c2f1e4d-39ba-43dd-8308-a50647947b4a
  8. Popup keeps coming up

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Popup keeps coming up: [ATTACH] I keep getting this ridiculous message popping up at random times. I never visited this site. I know it has to be malware or a virus. Am I correct and how do I get rid of it?...
  9. User Account Controller

in Windows 10 Customization
    User Account Controller: Anytime I try to change something on my computer like account type I get a pop up box from user account controller saying that I need to use a admin login and password to access it. But the only option for me to click on is "NO" I can not run netplwiz or anything without that...
  10. User Account Control

in Windows 10 Support
    User Account Control: I used to run W7 with a hdd supplemented by a Sandisk 32gb Readycache. It ran automatically on bootup, there was a desktop icon to check up on it. W7 is now running from an ssd and the Sandisk is now with the old 80gb hdd for W10. Every time that W10 gets to desktop, the User...