Windows 10: User Account Control Prompt for Credentials in Windows 10 Pro

Discus and support User Account Control Prompt for Credentials in Windows 10 Pro in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have a Surface 4(Windows 10 Pro) with 2 accounts, admin an standard(User account). Note: I am not using a server, everything is in the same machine.... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Buck791, Nov 12, 2018.

1. Buck791 Win User

User Account Control Prompt for Credentials in Windows 10 Pro

I have a Surface 4(Windows 10 Pro) with 2 accounts, admin an standard(User account). Note: I am not using a server, everything is in the same machine.

Using the standard account with no-admin rights, It is important that when this account is been used it need to be asked for administrator credentials every time this account is trying to access the following:

Control Panel and any of the Applets, This PC, Settings, File Explorer, Open Network and Internet Settings.

Registry, CMD, Apps and Feature, Mobility Center, Power Options, Event Viewer, System, Device Manager, Network Connections, Disk Management, Computer Management, Windows PowerShell, Windows PowerShell Admin, Task Manager, Settings, Search, Run.

Right click on the start menu and task-bar, start menu search bar.

Thank you

:)

Buck791, Nov 12, 2018

2. User Account Control prompt - Normal user - Windows 10 Home

Hello,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.

Kindly try the below steps and check if this helps.

• Open the Local Security Policy editor. Follow these steps:
    1. Right click on Start and select Control Panel.

2. Select/search Administrative Tools.

3. Now double click on Local Security Policy.

• In the left pane, expand Local Policies, and click/tap on
      Security Options.
    • In the right pane of Security Options, double click/tap on
      User Account Control: Behavior of the elevation prompt for standard users
    • In the right pane of Security Options, double click/tap on
      User Account Control: Behavior of the elevation prompt for standard users
    • In your case you have to select Automatically deny elevation requests.
    NOTE: The default setting is
    Prompt for credentials.

• Close the Local Security Policy editor.
    Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

ThofikhAhamad, Nov 12, 2018
  3. Zakin Win User
    Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown User Account Control Prompt for Credentials in Windows 10 Pro :(

Zakin, Nov 12, 2018
  4. skim33 Win User

User Account Control displays administrator names

Hi Devlin,

Thank you for replying and for taking the time to help me with this. I made the suggested adjustments for the standard user and it does prompt me to enter credentials, but only for the password. The username portion of the prompt displays both of the admin
    accounts (names) I created on the machine. If possible I would like to have the prompt with blank boxes for the user name and the password.

skim33, Nov 12, 2018
Thema:

1. User Account Control Prompt for Credentials in Windows 10 Pro - Similar Threads - User Account Control

2. Windows 10 - user account control

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 - user account control: user account control is preventing auslogics duplicate file finder from running. How do I disable it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-user-account-control/04ed8b1d-03a0-43c6-9efb-1fe6af94907e
  3. Windows 10 - user account control

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 - user account control: user account control is preventing auslogics duplicate file finder from running. How do I disable it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-user-account-control/04ed8b1d-03a0-43c6-9efb-1fe6af94907e
  4. Windows 10 - user account control

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. User Account Control - Windows 10

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    User Account Control - Windows 10: Every time we open some programs, specifically Sage Accounting, we must grant the app permission to make changes to the computer -- which is apparently what happens when it updates the financial information in the program. How can I set it up so that this one program is...
  6. User Account Control Windows 10 Pro Password!

User Account Control Windows 10 Pro Password!: Hi please see pic today i removed the hotmail account that was signed into my windows 10 laptop, please note when i click on user account to make changes this box keeps poping up! i have even tried to sign in with the account i removed, but it keeps asking for password ,...
  7. User Access Control Prompts user credentials each time.

User Access Control Prompts user credentials each time.: Hi I've installed Windows 10 version 1909 Build18363.10.16 in my machine. When I try to run an application each time prompts for user name & password. I've reduced user access control to never notify. but still it prompts the user name password. I'm not sure what else...
  8. Password prompt for User account control pop up

Password prompt for User account control pop up: Is it possible to make windows 10 ask for an admin password to install a program in place of just the yes or no options in the user account control popup?...
  9. Windows 10 Pro User Account Control

Windows 10 Pro User Account Control: I forgot my admin password! Can someone please help me?! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-pro-user-account-control/b6c232e2-61d6-4e4e-a3a2-7c555be62e48
  10. User Account Control prompt not showing for one admin account.

User Account Control prompt not showing for one admin account.: Hi, I have a machine with 2 local admin accounts; the enabled default Administrator and a new user account which was removed from the Users group and added to the Administrators group, lets call that one Admin2. For some reason when opening applications like "SQL Server...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. user account control in windows 10 pro