Windows 10: User Account Control prompting to allow changes to Windows Defender Firewall

Discus and support User Account Control prompting to allow changes to Windows Defender Firewall in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Recently User Account Control prompting to allow changes to Windows Defender Firewall. It appears to be happening on Windows 10 machines so far. Is... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Brian Washington, Dec 17, 2019.

1. User Account Control prompting to allow changes to Windows Defender Firewall

Recently User Account Control prompting to allow changes to Windows Defender Firewall. It appears to be happening on Windows 10 machines so far. Is this something to be alarmed about?

:)

Brian Washington, Dec 17, 2019
  2. Rose Cal Win User

User Account Control: Do you want to allow this app to make changes to your device?

Hi Josh,

User Account Control helps prevent malware from damaging a computer. It also allows all users to log on to their computers using a standard user account. To isolate your issue, we'd like to know the following:

• Have you tried booting up your computer in Safe Mode?
    • Do you have an antivirus application installed?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you change your User Account Control Settings in Control Panel to modify the Settings. Kindly follow these steps:

• Open Control Panel and click User Accounts icon.
    • Click Change User Account Control settings.
    • This will open the C:\Windows\System32\UserAccountControlSettings.exe file.
    • If prompted by User Account Control, click Yes.
    • Move the slider up or down to the setting for how you want to be notified by User Account Control, and click OK.
    • If prompted by UAC, click Yes.
    • When finished, you can close User Accounts.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Dec 17, 2019
  3. User account Control

Hi,

Administrator accounts are accounts that are allowed complete control over a computer. They are allowed to make changes to settings, get through the User Account Control or UAC prompts to perform elevated tasks, and install programs. which is why in order
    to change the account type of the guest account into an administrator, you will need access or permission to use an administrator account on your computer.

Once you have access to the administrator account on your computer, follow the steps below on how you can change the user account type of the guest account through the Settings app:

• Click Start, and then Settings.
    • Click on Accounts, and then Family & other people.
    • Click to select the guest account, and then click the Change account type button.
    • Click on Standard User to open the drop down menu, and then select
      Administrator.
    • Click OK.

Let us know how it turns out.

Patricia Yu, Dec 17, 2019
  4. User Account Control prompting to allow changes to Windows Defender Firewall

User Account Control prompt - Normal user - Windows 10 Home

Hello,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.

Kindly try the below steps and check if this helps.

• Open the Local Security Policy editor. Follow these steps:
    1. Right click on Start and select Control Panel.

2. Select/search Administrative Tools.

3. Now double click on Local Security Policy.

• In the left pane, expand Local Policies, and click/tap on
      Security Options.
    • In the right pane of Security Options, double click/tap on
      User Account Control: Behavior of the elevation prompt for standard users
    • In the right pane of Security Options, double click/tap on
      User Account Control: Behavior of the elevation prompt for standard users
    • In your case you have to select Automatically deny elevation requests.
    NOTE: The default setting is
    Prompt for credentials.

• Close the Local Security Policy editor.
    Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

ThofikhAhamad, Dec 17, 2019
Thema:

User Account Control prompting to allow changes to Windows Defender Firewall

1. User Account Control prompting to allow changes to Windows Defender Firewall - Similar Threads - User Account Control

2. Can't allow applications through firewall in Windows Defender Firewall.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't allow applications through firewall in Windows Defender Firewall.: I can't allow applications through firewall in the Window Defender Firewall even though I logged in as an Administrator. I have tried changing the group policies and resetting to default firewall settings. I do not have third party anti-virus software or firewall software....
  3. Can't allow applications through firewall in Windows Defender Firewall.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't allow applications through firewall in Windows Defender Firewall.: I can't allow applications through firewall in the Window Defender Firewall even though I logged in as an Administrator. I have tried changing the group policies and resetting to default firewall settings. I do not have third party anti-virus software or firewall software....
  4. Can't allow applications through firewall in Windows Defender Firewall.

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. How to change location of the User Account Controls UAC consent prompt force?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to change location of the User Account Controls UAC consent prompt force?: By default the UAC consent prompt pops open in a new virtual screen which is a hassle. How do I get it to appear in my main desktop's screen? Zach...
  6. change the user account control?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    change the user account control?: Hello dear community, with some programs I get the following message: (see attachment). I would like to know how I can issue this message so that it no longer appears for a certain program, i.e. the selection is automatically marked "yes". For your information: I use...
  7. Allow an app throughtg the Windows Defender Firewall

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Allow an app throughtg the Windows Defender Firewall: Windows is not allowing the Harrisgeospatial IDL through the firewall. [ATTACH] Any ideas to solve this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/allow-an-app-throughtg-the-windows-defender/8802c33f-b880-4e0f-ad35-421ea023d52d
  8. Password prompt for User account control pop up

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Password prompt for User account control pop up: Is it possible to make windows 10 ask for an admin password to install a program in place of just the yes or no options in the user account control popup?...
  9. User Account Control prompt not showing for one admin account.

User Account Control prompt not showing for one admin account.: Hi, I have a machine with 2 local admin accounts; the enabled default Administrator and a new user account which was removed from the Users group and added to the Administrators group, lets call that one Admin2. For some reason when opening applications like "SQL Server...
  10. User Account Control Prompt for Credentials in Windows 10 Pro

User Account Control Prompt for Credentials in Windows 10 Pro: I have a Surface 4(Windows 10 Pro) with 2 accounts, admin an standard(User account). Note: I am not using a server, everything is in the same machine. Using the standard account with no-admin rights, It is important that when this account is been used it need to be asked...