Windows 10: User Account Control "This app has been blocked for your protection"

Discus and support User Account Control "This app has been blocked for your protection" in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; This is the message I am getting when I try to open an old Calendar Creator program I've been using for years. I still need to use it, but now I am... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by LyndaBrowning, Mar 16, 2020.

1. User Account Control "This app has been blocked for your protection"

This is the message I am getting when I try to open an old Calendar Creator program I've been using for years. I still need to use it, but now I am unable to access it. I tried changing the User Control settings, applied the new settings which were to allow everything, rebooted my computer, and I still cannot access this program. Does anyone know how to fix this situation?

:)

LyndaBrowning, Mar 16, 2020
  2. EBetts Win User

User Account Control blocks an app

I have tried every suggestion that I have seen on this bug and still cannot get around it! I downloaded some genealogy software called Legacy 8, but Windows won't let me run the Setup file. I get a pop up that says:

User Account Control

This app has been blocked for your protection.

An administrator has blocked you from running this app. For more information, contact the administrator.

Program name: Legacy8Setup.exe

Publisher: Not Trusted

File Origin: Hard drive on this computer

Program location: C:\Users\.............

But when I click on the file properties, there is no option to unblock as in the instructions I've seen here and on other sites. I even tried a tech chat with Microsoft, but the tech was clueless! I could tell by her questions that she didn't understand
    my problem. If I can't get any help here, I guess I'll just have to take it to Office Depot or somewhere.

EBetts, Mar 16, 2020
  3. User Account Control "This app has been blocked for your protection"

User Account Control

Can not run flight sim, user account control, this app has been blocked for your protection, how can I unblock it?

AntonioBorello, Mar 16, 2020
Thema:

User Account Control "This app has been blocked for your protection"

1. User Account Control "This app has been blocked for your protection" - Similar Threads - User Account Control

2. This app has been blocked for your protection User Account Control

in Windows 10 Gaming
    This app has been blocked for your protection User Account Control: Hello to everybody,Every time I insert a disc on DVD/WR driver E I cannot run an app because is blocked by an administrator. Can you help me unlock that app ?Thank you,Morgan...
  3. This app has been blocked for your protection User Account Control

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    This app has been blocked for your protection User Account Control: Hello to everybody,Every time I insert a disc on DVD/WR driver E I cannot run an app because is blocked by an administrator. Can you help me unlock that app ?Thank you,Morgan...
  4. This app has been blocked for your protection User Account Control

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. The app has been blocked for your protection

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    The app has been blocked for your protection: Hello,I recently bought a new 2TB hard drive for extra space.Plugged it in no problems as it is recommended to do. Next is said to go to disk management, but when I do that the following appears :Okay so I go online and multiple fixes are proposed.I try to deactivate the...
  6. This APP has been blocked for your protection

This APP has been blocked for your protection: Hello, This game I am playing has just had an update. I was trying to install it but it doesn't let me fully access the client loader. When Its finishing the update install the following error appears *Use Account Control This app has been blocked for your protection....
  7. 'this app has been blocked for your protection'

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    'this app has been blocked for your protection': the following box pops up when I go to use a program that has been on computer since February this year and used then as well. has not been used nearly 2 months, then go to use and this happens. I have norton on comp from before non-loading program was on comp box ......
  8. This app has been blocked for your protection

This app has been blocked for your protection: When ever I try to open Windows device manager I see this message : "An administrator has blocked you from running this app, for more info contact the administrator" MMC.exe But I am the administrator ! If not how to know it. I have disabled my antivirus still the same...
  9. THIS APP HAS BEEN BLOCKED FOR YOUR PROTECTION

THIS APP HAS BEEN BLOCKED FOR YOUR PROTECTION: THIS APP HAS BEEN BLOCKED FOR YOUR PROTECTION https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/this-app-has-been-blocked-for-your-protection/2c72b92a-e3f3-41cb-b7c4-00537d4f75a0"
  10. This app has been blocked for your protection

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    This app has been blocked for your protection: The latest update of Win 10 has obviously tightened up security . . . to the point where it won't allow me run SqlBackUpandFTP any more. I logged in as the (hidden) Administrator and got it working there OK, but when I Logged in as myself again, it still wouldn't work...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. the app has been blocked for your protection