Windows 10: User Account Control Window Hidden.......

Discus and support User Account Control Window Hidden....... in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Been meaning to post this for a while, just now got to it......UAC Window on the last few builds has been popping up behind other windows and can't be... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by rdburke, Jan 30, 2017.

1. rdburke Win User

User Account Control Window Hidden.......

Been meaning to post this for a while, just now got to it......UAC Window on the last few builds has been popping up behind other windows and can't be seen during installation of programs. Only way to get it to come forward is to either do CTL+ALT+DEL and open Task Manager or right click the taskbar and open Task Manager. Once you do that it comes forward and can be seen. Without opening Task Manager I just have an indefinite hourglass and cannot click on anything to close the front window. Just opening TM brings it forward........anyone found a solution for this? My UAC settings are at Default level. My research of this shows issue on Windows 7 as well. Any info would be greatly appreciated.
    Version 1607 (OS Build 14393.693)

:)

rdburke, Jan 30, 2017
  2. SkyDiver1 Win User

User Account Control Window Inop.

Hi Sarah,

I finally got this problem solved! I was not able to do this myself in-spite of all the well meaning on line help I was getting from you and others. So I had to call in an I.T. guy that I know. He is quite good and owns his own I.T. business, so he's not
    just some guy that works out of his basement. He has large business accounts and he's not cheap either but usually gives me a break when I call him. He was the I.T. guy where I used to work.

He made a house call to my place with some software tools he thought might solve my problem but was unable to do so and had to take my computer home with him. He did fix it at home and then gave my computer a complete "physical" and it is in good running
    order at this time.

Thank you and all the community for all your well meaning help and suggestions. This is just something that was over all our heads.

SkyDiver1, Jan 30, 2017
  3. SkyDiver1 Win User
    User Account Control Window Inop.

Hi Sarah, just wanted to give you an update. I did try all the ideas you gave and then some. Non of them were able to solve the problem.

So I am fortunate to have a friend that is an I.T. guy and I normally don't bother him with every little thing I need help with on my computer, but I am outta ideas at this point and asked him if he had any for me to try. He's the last stop, I've never had
    a problem he couldn't solve.

I'll be seeing him sometime next week and here is his response when I explained the problem and asked for his help.

"I think I need to be in front of the computer. My first attempt will be hack the hidden system admin account with a special piece of software. That usually works and may only take 15-20 mins. At
    that point I may be able to get in and give you admin privileges."

I'll let you know how that turns out.

SkyDiver1, Jan 30, 2017
  4. RolandJS Win User

Although not a good idea according to many, however I finally ended that problem by setting my UAC to the lowest possible setting.

RolandJS, Jan 30, 2017
  5. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Hello Dale, *Smile

If you see the UAC icon flashing on the taskbar, you should be able to click on the icon to make the UAC prompt the active window to bring it forward.

Brink, Jan 30, 2017
  6. rdburke Win User
    I think you may mean flashing on the Taskbar.......does not happen. No indication that the UAC has popped up at all.

rdburke, Jan 30, 2017
  7. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Sorry. Yep, I meant on the taskbar. I'm not sure what else to suggest either other than what's already being used as a workaround.

Brink, Jan 30, 2017
  8. rdburke Win User

Just going to disable UAC for now.....thanks for the info.

rdburke, Jan 30, 2017
  9. RolandJS Win User
    Same thing often happened to me, and sometimes, flashing or not flashing on the taskbar, I was barred by operations from getting to the popup BEHIND the program it's protecting - a Catch 22; so I finally disabled UAC.

RolandJS, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. User Account Control Window Hidden....... - Similar Threads - User Account Control

2. User Account Control

in Windows 10 Gaming
    User Account Control: Hi Microsoft : First.......I bought a Beelink SEI8 mini pc not the best choice. The UAC is locked. [I contacted Beelink, and they weren't of much help] I get the error message : "Use Administative Account and login to continue". Currently, the OS is stuck on using a pin to...
  3. User Account Control

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    User Account Control: Somehow, I got locked out of my User Account. I can't make any changes. Every time I try to make a change, it asks if I want to make any changes. And the only button available is NO. I'm using Windows 10 / 64-bit. Thanks, Gary S. *** Email address is removed for privacy ***...
  4. User Account Control

User Account Control: admin permission has been lost and I can't install anything without this. The user account control only has the option NO when asked do you want to allow changes to this device. There is no yes option....
  5. User Account Control

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    User Account Control: I downloaded a program for a company I will be working for online. When I click on the desktop icon, it continues to give me the prompt, "Do you want to allow this app to make changes to your device?" I've already answered "Yes" but it keeps asking me every time I click on...
  6. 2nd User Account is hidden

in Windows 10 Customization
    2nd User Account is hidden: I've purchased a new Dell XPS Desktop and have gone through the setup process. I've set my self up as a Local User which is all fine. Following on from this I've added my wife as a 2nd local user with a standard account, but when I sign out or re-boot my PC her account isn't...
  7. User Account Control

in Windows 10 Customization
    User Account Control: After I recently updated my Windows and ever since that update I keep getting the attached notification as soon as my computer boots up. I have attached two images of the question that comes up in a box called User Account Control. Once it comes up I say no and it goes away...
  8. USER ACCOUNT CONTROL

USER ACCOUNT CONTROL: HOW DO I TURN THIS ON? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/user-account-control/1c59e94e-94c0-4bea-87b2-278a19c4b17d
  9. User Account Control

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    User Account Control: OK, what did I do wrong? I cant troubleshoot because something is wrong with THAT! Disclosure....I've not been able to download Win10 update because of low disk space though I've tried everything. So far, that hadn't really been a problem Now This!! Anyone? [ATTACH]...
  10. User Account Control

in Windows 10 Support
    User Account Control: I used to run W7 with a hdd supplemented by a Sandisk 32gb Readycache. It ran automatically on bootup, there was a desktop icon to check up on it. W7 is now running from an ssd and the Sandisk is now with the old 80gb hdd for W10. Every time that W10 gets to desktop, the User...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. uac window hidden download

2. uac window hidden