Windows 10: User Account Corrupted or a Windows Account Syncing Problem?

Discus and support User Account Corrupted or a Windows Account Syncing Problem? in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; To Whom it May Concern, My family and I consist of 3 people my wife, my daughter and I. We have a family computer that my wife is the primary user.... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Rossguy_544, Jan 23, 2021.

1. User Account Corrupted or a Windows Account Syncing Problem?

To Whom it May Concern,

My family and I consist of 3 people my wife, my daughter and I. We have a family computer that my wife is the primary user. On this computer are 3 accounts My wife uses a local account, My daughter uses a microsoft account and myself uses a microsoft account. Recently when accessing my daughter's account; it goes from the "Welcome" w/sit and spin icon to "Preparing Windows" w/sit and spin icon then a generic desktop appears and I receive the following error message:

We can't sign in to your account. This problem can often be fixed by signing out of your account and then signing back in. If you don't sign out now, any files you create or changes you make will be lost.

It then gives me the option to "Sign Out" or "Close"

If I "Sign Out" then "Sign In" the problem persists. If I choose the "Close" option....I get the following message "You've signed in with a temporary profile".

My daughter's account on this family was created nearly 3 years ago. At the time I created her microsoft account with an email address she rarely used and that we have lost access to. My daughter did not have a cell phone number at the time of the account creation. For this past Christmas Jan 2021 we purchased my daughter a windows 10 computer of her own before she was using a chromebook but could not play the online games she wanted with her friends. When setting up my daughter's new computer we created a microsoft account with an email address she uses and with a cell phone number she now has.

My question for you is: Is the problem accessing my daughter's account on the family computer a microsoft account syncing issue? Or a symptom of something else like a corrupted user account? Any recommendations for troubleshooting and fixing the problem?

:)

Rossguy_544, Jan 23, 2021
  2. Zakin Win User

Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown User Account Corrupted or a Windows Account Syncing Problem? :(

Zakin, Jan 23, 2021
  3. 95Viper Win User
    95Viper, Jan 23, 2021
  4. Vesao Win User

User Account Corrupted or a Windows Account Syncing Problem?

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, Jan 23, 2021
Thema:

User Account Corrupted or a Windows Account Syncing Problem?

1. User Account Corrupted or a Windows Account Syncing Problem? - Similar Threads - User Account Corrupted

2. Corrupted windows user account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Corrupted windows user account: HiI wanted to restart my computer operating systemso I've chosen the restart option in settings->recovery->restart, and I've chosen the option to delete my files, because I wanted clean system.After that I could not log into my user profile account which is named "navad" -...
  3. Corrupted windows user account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Corrupted windows user account: HiI wanted to restart my computer operating systemso I've chosen the restart option in settings->recovery->restart, and I've chosen the option to delete my files, because I wanted clean system.After that I could not log into my user profile account which is named "navad" -...
  4. Corrupted windows user account

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. User account corrupted

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    User account corrupted: After I login to my PC the taskbar doesn't seems to contain any apps. All I could see are few icons like documents. The start menu doesn't even start. When I clicked on the start menu it says there is a critical problem with my account and tells to log out. It further says...
  6. user's account problem

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    user's account problem: my brother had lots of files on his drive c so he copied his user folder to drive d then deleted it on drive c but he still had the copy of every file from drive c to d but it didnt show 'open as administrator' and also we couldnt open any file so he decided to move it again...
  7. corrupt user profile/account

in Windows 10 Customization
    corrupt user profile/account: hi there: I like to know, when I go to clear temporary files, I freed up over 300MB of files for just using PPT. That is normal. Now, checking under accounts, it states under your family, we couldn't connect to Microsoft family right now, so your family on your device might...
  8. Syncing account problem

in Windows 10 Customization
    Syncing account problem: When i download a thing on one of my computers it downloads to both. They are signed into the same account. I want to know how to make unsync so i can have different stuff on different computer...
  9. User account problems

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    User account problems: I am having a great deal of difficulty with user accounts: 1. Settings>Accounts>Sign-in Options goes absolutely nowhere. 2. Control Panel>User Accounts>Manage your credentials returns the following error. Error code: 0x80070425 Error message: The service cannot accept...
  10. Corrupted User Account?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Corrupted User Account?: Hi everyone. My first post here. I know enough about Windows to be dangerous, but not enough to solve this problem. I have only one user account on my laptop. Windows 10, 64 bit Asus UX305. My Pictures folder is now in my saved games folder, and I don't know why. A...