Windows 10: User Account deletion

Discus and support User Account deletion in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, I am an administrator trying to delete a user account named "public" in Windows 10 but I am getting error message: "you require permission from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by SkittlesAnthony, Apr 1, 2020.

1. User Account deletion

Hi,

I am an administrator trying to delete a user account named "public" in Windows 10 but I am getting error message: "you require permission from SYSTEM to make changes to this folder".

How do I change this setting or get permission?

Thank you

:)

SkittlesAnthony, Apr 1, 2020
  2. kenkickr Win User

Deleting User Accounts

If you can access the admin account through safe mode then all you have to do to remove the other account passwords is go into User Accounts in the control panel and either delete the accounts or, I'm not sure, remove the account passwords.

kenkickr, Apr 1, 2020
  3. Facebook Allows Users to Delete Accounts

Yes, for quite some time, once you had a Facebook account, it wasn't going anywhere. Now, fortunately for college students and people with no attention span everywhere, Facebook now allows said people to delete their Facebook accounts. This was in direct response to user complaints about not being able to delete their accounts, if desired. Even if users were able to delete their own accounts, there were no obvious directions on how to do that. Another reason that Facebook decided to allow users to delete their accounts was a reason that could have gotten Facebook sued if they did not address it: privacy. The "I didn't actually make a Facebook" E-mails were really racking up in Facebook's inbox, and Facebook sometimes made it all too easy for people to research intimate/private/personal details of users' lives. At this point, deleting your account is just a help-page away. Facebook admins are considering adding a "delete account" button.

Source: The Inquirer

zekrahminator, Apr 1, 2020
  4. User Account deletion

Deleted account keeps reappearing

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Is it still appearing no matter how you try to delete? I suggest you to follow the steps below to remove user account from your computer, and check if it helps. Try the ones you’re comfortable with.

Step 1: Steps to Remove a User Account in Settings

• Press Windows
      key, click on Settings.

• Click on Account, click on
      Family and other users.

• Select the user you want to delete under
      Other users and click on Remove.

• Accept the UAC (User Account Control) prompt.

• Select Delete account and data if you wish to delete account and the data and follow onscreen instructions.

Step 2: Steps to Delete a User Account in Command Prompt

• Press Windows + X keys from the keyboard, select
      Command Prompt (Admin).

• Type net user and hit Enter
      to list the user accounts on your device.

• Type net user "User account”
      /delete and hit Enter to delete the user account.

Step 3: Steps to Delete a User Account in Run command.

• Press Windows + R and type netplwiz, press
      Enter.

• Select the User account, click on the
      Remove
      button.
    Regards.

SujataMoktan, Apr 1, 2020
Thema:

User Account deletion

1. User Account deletion - Similar Threads - User Account deletion

2. Deleted user account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Deleted user account: Hi. Today I turned on the computer as always. I had two accounts, one of my own which is in Microsoft and a local administrator. When the login window pops up, it automatically logs me in to an administrator account, not the main one. I checked user switching and I don't know...
  3. Deleted user account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Deleted user account: Hi. Today I turned on the computer as always. I had two accounts, one of my own which is in Microsoft and a local administrator. When the login window pops up, it automatically logs me in to an administrator account, not the main one. I checked user switching and I don't know...
  4. Deleting user account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Deleting user account: I want to delete a user account and a secondary standard account. How is it done? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/deleting-user-account/6c15ce8e-aede-4e29-8191-55e98b29c33b
  5. Deleting user account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Deleting user account: I want to delete a user account and a secondary standard account. How is it done? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/deleting-user-account/6c15ce8e-aede-4e29-8191-55e98b29c33b
  6. User Account Deleted

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    User Account Deleted: So basically, I accidentally deleted my only account/user on my computer and am currently locked out unable to access my computer, making it pretty much useless. I would just do a hard reset using the advanced options screen but I don’t have access to my “recovery key”. If...
  7. user accounts - can I delete a user account?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    user accounts - can I delete a user account?: can I delete a user account in windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/user-accounts-can-i-delete-a-user-account/915ac1a1-46cd-42f4-bdcd-e917405b8ae9"
  8. delete a user account?

in Windows 10 Customization
    delete a user account?: what will happen if I delete one of the 2 users on my dell computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/delete-a-user-account/eb20a0a6-faec-4efd-bdb6-0463d20fa88a
  9. Deleted user account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Deleted user account: I have done something really stupid... I am selling my old laptop to a friend, and googled how to delete my user account. I did what it said and deleted a post in the register. Not anywhere on the page did it say that I shouldn't delete the account without creating a new one...
  10. User Account Deleted

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    User Account Deleted: I just installed windows 10. I have two user accounts. One I use for school and one I use recreational. My user account for school is gone. It does not even show up on the login menu. I have many important documents on there. How can I get the account back or at least get the...