Windows 10: User Account Disappearing From Welcome Screen

Discus and support User Account Disappearing From Welcome Screen in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; (I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask so let me know if I should post elsewhere) I have my PC running Windows 10 Education set up with two... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Subaru-Crosstrek, Sep 15, 2020.

1. User Account Disappearing From Welcome Screen

(I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask so let me know if I should post elsewhere)

I have my PC running Windows 10 Education set up with two users on it: one administrator (me) and one standard user (my brother). After my brother logs out of his profile, mine doesn't come up on the list of users on the bottom left of the login screen, only my brother and this "Other User" option. Nothing changes with a restart of the PC. I am able to log into my profile through the Other User option, but with my Microsoft email and password. All my files and programs are still here so nothing was actually deleted. And after logging out of my profile the option to log back in is there until my brother logs back out of his profile.

Is there some way to fix this so that my user profile shows up every time and I don't have to use my Microsoft login?

submitted by /u/Subaru-Crosstrek
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Subaru-Crosstrek, Sep 15, 2020
  2. Isha Soni Win User

User accounts disappeared on the lock screen

Hi,

Thanks for posting your query to Microsoft forum. I will certainly help you with this.

I would suggest you to start the computer with hidden admin.

Safe mode is a diagnostic mode for Windows that starts your computer in a limited state. Only the basic files and drivers necessary to run Windows are started. This helps us in identifying whether the issue is due to some third party
    programs conflict. The word Safe mode appear in the concern of your monitor to identify which windows mode you are using.

Step 1: Safe mode

• Type settings in search and click on Settings.
    • Click Update and recovery, and then tap or
      click Recovery.
    • Under Advanced startup, tap or click Restart now.
    • Once your PC restarts, on the Choose an option screen, tap or click
      Troubleshoot.
    • If you don't see the Startup Settings option, tap or click advanced options.
    • Tap or click Startup Settings.
    • Tap or click Restart.
    • On the Startup Settings screen, choose the Safe Mode.
    • Sign in to your PC with a user account that has administrator rights.

Step 2: Active hidden admin account

• Press Windows + R key on the keyboard.
    • Type cmd in the run bar.
    • In Command Prompt type this command: net user administrator /active:yes
    • Press Enter and Restart the computer.
    Try to create new user account now.

If you are able to do so deactivate the hidden admin account.

For that follow the step :

• Press Windows + R key on the keyboard.
    • Type cmd in the run bar.
    • In Command Prompt type this command: net user administrator /active:no
    • Press Enter and Restart the computer.

Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to help you further.

Thanks & Regards,

Isha Soni, Sep 15, 2020
  3. Vesao Win User
    Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, Sep 15, 2020
  4. Solutions Win User

User Account Disappearing From Welcome Screen

Unable to Hide Built in Adminstrator Account (Version 1909.)

Bree, having followed your advice, a second account named "Andrew Griffin" appeared in the list of accounts on the login screen. This disappeared when I reversed the step.

Brink, I didn't delete my account - it shows up as as "oem" in netplwiz.

Attached a is list of accounts and you'll see that the guest account is degraded - relevant?UserAccountDetails.txt

Solutions, Sep 15, 2020
Thema:

User Account Disappearing From Welcome Screen

1. User Account Disappearing From Welcome Screen - Similar Threads - User Account Disappearing

2. User account disappeared

in Windows 10 Gaming
    User account disappeared: Hello,I recently opened my windows 11 laptop after not using it for a week. Upon boot up, my user profile seems to be missing I have only ever had one user profile since this is a personal laptop. My only option to log in to an account is “New user” and a password is...
  3. User account disappeared

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    User account disappeared: Hello,I recently opened my windows 11 laptop after not using it for a week. Upon boot up, my user profile seems to be missing I have only ever had one user profile since this is a personal laptop. My only option to log in to an account is “New user” and a password is...
  4. User account disappeared from laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    User account disappeared from laptop: I went to log on to my user account on my laptop after not going on it for several months, however I had forgotten my pin. I clicked on forgotten my pin expecting there to be an option to change it or something but instead my account has now completely disappeared from the...
  5. User account disappeared from laptop

User account disappeared from laptop: I went to log on to my user account on my laptop after not going on it for several months, however I had forgotten my pin. I clicked on forgotten my pin expecting there to be an option to change it or something but instead my account has now completely disappeared from the...
  6. User account disappeared from login screen and control panel

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    User account disappeared from login screen and control panel: Hi there,Dell recently replaced motherboard and we were getting " Trusted Platform Module malfunctioned". We logged off from user account and login to admin account and renamed...
  7. User account disappeared from login screen and control panel

in Windows 10 Gaming
    User account disappeared from login screen and control panel: Hi there,Dell recently replaced motherboard and we were getting " Trusted Platform Module malfunctioned". We logged off from user account and login to admin account and renamed...
  8. User account disappeared from login screen and control panel

9. User account disappeared from sign-in screen and hamburger menu

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    User account disappeared from sign-in screen and hamburger menu: Dear Community members, Please advise because I am going crazy from this... The problem is as above. It was working fine and after a recent Windows update my accounts just disappear from the login page and hamburger menu. I have reviewed at least 10 other posts and tried...
  10. User account picture not showing at the welcome screen on windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    User account picture not showing at the welcome screen on windows 10: My personal account picture shows up when I sign in/out but not at windows startup welcome screen. FYI, I'm using netplwiz to enable auto-log in. I don't want to reset my Windows 10. 14831