Windows 10: User account does not have permission to modify tasks

Discus and support User account does not have permission to modify tasks in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Since upgrading to Windows 10 only one of my scheduled tasks seems to work. I cannot edit a current task or create a new one as I get the following... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by dotdotuk, Aug 18, 2015.

1. dotdotuk Win User

User account does not have permission to modify tasks

Since upgrading to Windows 10 only one of my scheduled tasks seems to work.

I cannot edit a current task or create a new one as I get the following error message:

"Task scheduler cannot apply your changes. The user account is unknown, the password is incorrect, or the user account does not have permission to modify the task."

It does not matter if I start the scheduler from the command line or normally ( I have tried "Run as administrator").

Been at this for days and tried searching using different search terms hoping to find an answer.

I even tried changing my Time Zone (although I do not have the half hour difference that has been causing issues for others).

The latest updates were carried out yesterday and they included a Task Scheduler update

Only changes I have made to the system since the Win 10 upgrade is that Avast AV would not let Win 10 work properly so I uninstalled it and I am now using 360 Total Security. I also had to reinstall my printer drivers.

Anyone able to help?

Cheers,

Henry

:)

dotdotuk, Aug 18, 2015

2. Multiple users using Activesync

Do these users have at least modify permission on Activesync? Does it work with your admin account?

Pocket PC Mauritius omnia i900 avnya henriett

Linley Meslier, Aug 18, 2015
  3. User Account Control Prompt When Updating Sonos Music Library

Is the Sonos App running in the Non-Administrative users context?

It is possible that whilst this user has permission to modify the contents of this file, the User that Sonos is running under does not.

My suggestion would be to reduce the permissions set by setting the "Authenticated Users" group modify permssions.

This would let any account on the PC, including the Computers own Account, Service Accounts .etc read and write from that folder.

If you still get a UAC prompt after doing this, let us know!

Ethan J P O'Donnell, Aug 18, 2015
Thema:

User account does not have permission to modify tasks

1. User account does not have permission to modify tasks - Similar Threads - User account does

2. Admin account that does not have admin permissions

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Admin account that does not have admin permissions: My Windows 10 account is an administrator account. Lately when I try to update an app or install a new app, I am prompted that the action cannot be done without administrator permissions. Um, doesn't an administrator account have administrator permissions? This is getting...
  3. Admin account that does not have admin permissions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Admin account that does not have admin permissions: My Windows 10 account is an administrator account. Lately when I try to update an app or install a new app, I am prompted that the action cannot be done without administrator permissions. Um, doesn't an administrator account have administrator permissions? This is getting...
  4. administrator user does not have admin permissions

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    administrator user does not have admin permissions: start menu does not work, run as admin does not work, services does not work. logged in as administrator in admin group. when asked this question in google "run as administrator" not working, most say go to cmd and run as admin lmao...
  5. User account permission

in Windows 10 Customization
    User account permission: I was just on with Adobe customer support for over 6 hours to troubleshoot why an Adobe Photomerge feature does not work on my machine. While they made me update everything in Windows and my video driver, nothing helped. Finally, the customer service person asked if they...
  6. The user account you are operating under does not have permission to enable this task

in Windows 10 Customization
    The user account you are operating under does not have permission to enable this task: I already am administator on this account. I checked by typing CMD and "net user administrator" says YES. But im trying to make changes to task scheduler to not have my computer wake up in the middle of the night to install updates but it wont let me. This is where the...
  7. the user account does not have permission to delete this task folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    the user account does not have permission to delete this task folder: When I run the task scheduler it shows a folder for 'MySQL' with a subfolder for 'Installer' which contains a task called 'ManifestUpdate'. This runs at midnight every night. This was created a long time ago, but since the latest update to Windows 10 this entry has been...
  8. The user account you are operating under does not have permission to disable this task.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    The user account you are operating under does not have permission to disable this task.: Attempts to disable or modify any task in Task Scheduler results in "The user account you are operating under does not have permission to disable this task."; even though my user account has Administrator privileges. I have created a new task; it works correctly and I can...
  9. User account permissions...

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    User account permissions...: Purchased a new PC - ran the initial setup routines and set myself as (sole) user. Also set with NO password/local account... However, when I right-click-run-as-administrator an exe file or shortcut to run a programme I always recieve a pop-up asking if I want to make...
  10. Modify user account name

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Modify user account name: Sadly I need to rename my Win 10 user account as a character used in it clashes with a software program. The problem is new to this product version as I have used earlier versions since 2012. How do I go about this since the folder name doesn't change with the user name. I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. task scheduler cannot apply your changes

2. Task Scheduler the user account does not have permission to modify this task

3. user account does not have permissions to modify task

4. account does not have permissions to modify task scheduler,
  5. HOW TO SOLVE Task Scheduler cannot apply your changes.The user account is unknown the password is incorrect or the account does not have permission to modify the task,
  6. Task scheduler cannot apply your changes. The user account is unknown the password is incorrect or the user account does not have permission to modify the task,
  7. the user account does not have permission to modify the task,
  8. windows 10 task scheduler user account does not have permission to modify,
  9. task scheduler cannot apply your changes.the user account is unknown the password is incorrect or the account does not have permission to modify the task.,
  10. this user account does not have permission,
  11. user account does not have permission to modify the task,
  12. Task scheduler cannot apply your changes the user account is unknown the password is incorrect of the user account does not have permission to modify the task,
  13. task scheduler cannot apply your changes the user account is unknown the password is incorrect or the user account does not have permission to modify the task