Windows 10: User account gone from drive C, present in drive D

Discus and support User account gone from drive C, present in drive D in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Laptop sudden shutdown, and after rebooting I realized my main user account is gone, and I'm logged into another account non temporary accountA quick... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by #TAN YONG XIANG#, Jun 12, 2021.

1. User account gone from drive C, present in drive D

Laptop sudden shutdown, and after rebooting I realized my main user account is gone, and I'm logged into another account non temporary accountA quick check to drive C users shows that the account is gone, but however when I look into drive D the account is thereHow do i recover my account and all its settings and preferences to use again?

:)

#TAN YONG XIANG#, Jun 12, 2021

2. No C: but D: drive has all the data

Hi Austin,

To help you with your concern regarding the data on the drive C:, you're seeing the drive "C:" as the drive "D:" because you're booting your computer outside Windows. When booting your computer outside Windows, the system is reading the recovery partition
    as drive C: and the data in the drive C: \ are listed on the drive D: \. Try to boot your computer and try to check again the data in the drive C: \ and see if the data are listed.

Regards.

Virfranz Man, Jun 12, 2021
  3. User account missing

Hi Sara,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to check if the user account folders are present in Users folders.

Follow the below steps

In C drive, go to users folder and check if the user account folders are present.

If it is present create a new account and transfer the folders to new account.

Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Divya Murugan, Jun 12, 2021
  4. User account gone from drive C, present in drive D

D drive

Hi,

Based on the details you have provided us, it appears that there might be some corrupted contents on the said partition. We can also consider that this is caused by a virus.

For us to check if a certain virus is hiding your files, kindly follow the steps below:

• Type Command prompt in the search bar.
    • Type-in the following command:

attrib -h -r -s /s /d D:\*.*
    • Press Enter to execute the command.

If you think that there is nothing important stored in it, then we suggest that you reformat your D drive so that you can use the free space for important files.

You can follow the steps below to start with the process:

• Click on the File Explorer.
    • Select This PC.
    • Right-click on your D drive, then click on Format.
    • Follow the on-screen process to finish formatting the partition.

Let us know how it goes so that we can further assist you.

Engelsen Fad, Jun 12, 2021
Thema:

User account gone from drive C, present in drive D

1. User account gone from drive C, present in drive D - Similar Threads - User account gone

2. Drive gone from c to x.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Drive gone from c to x.: Did a system restore and could not get into my laptop C;drive and the drive showed as x:. Tried the automatic help but was no use, just kept looping. Any ideas please, and note I'm not a PC expert. Thx Tony...
  3. D Drive is gone.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    D Drive is gone.: My D:/ drive is completely gone. i've rescanned disks, tried resetting failed tried a fresh install also failed, i've tried automatic repair another fail. Can anyone help me?...
  4. D Drive is gone.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    D Drive is gone.: My D:/ drive is completely gone. i've rescanned disks, tried resetting failed tried a fresh install also failed, i've tried automatic repair another fail. Can anyone help me?...
  5. D Drive is gone.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. Cloning to an E drive from C drive but not D drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cloning to an E drive from C drive but not D drive: I want to clone my C SSD drive to my larger E SSD drive. My issue is when I open up Macrium to start the process my C drive SSD and D drive HDD both appear to be chosen for cloning. Both drives have system folders on them but my D drive is huge and I don't need to clone it. I...
  7. D drive gone

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    D drive gone: Hello,When i got my laptop it had a C drive and a D drive, and both were working fine up until yesterday. I got an error message and my D drive disappeared, it has a question mark over it and won't let me access it. Nothing seems to be working to fix it, I'm not sure what to...
  8. C drive and D drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    C drive and D drive: Hi, I was looking through my files and found my brother's files on my D drive. I asked him to move it to C drive so that it wouldn't appear on my D drive, but when I checked my C drive, he's files were there. I share a laptop with my brother and have our own accounts. Is the...
  9. Corrupted User Account/C Drive and D Drive Ownership

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Corrupted User Account/C Drive and D Drive Ownership: [ATTACH] Hi, I am at my wits end, this issue has been ongoing for the pas few days and I have stayed up quite late to try and fix this with the help of some Microsoft Technicians online. I would like to thank the few technicians who were willing to help me over their...
  10. C drive to D drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    C drive to D drive: So for some reason with this new PC, all of my applications and files were downloaded to my C drive automatically, when I wanted them in the D drive. So i took all of the files in the C drive and copy-pasted them to the D drive, then uninstalled everything from my C drive...