Windows 10: User Account Inaccessible after Windows 10 Update and Reboot

Discus and support User Account Inaccessible after Windows 10 Update and Reboot in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; After installing cumulative Windows 10 update for 20H2 and performing required reboot, went to Settings/Updates and saw error message saying there was... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Drj112, Jul 26, 2021.

1. Drj112 Win User

User Account Inaccessible after Windows 10 Update and Reboot

After installing cumulative Windows 10 update for 20H2 and performing required reboot, went to Settings/Updates and saw error message saying there was a problem with the reboot and to repeat it. Ever since that second reboot I have not been able to access my acount.When I start my laptop, Windows starts up properly. At the account login page, I enter my password no warnring or error messages, the screen goes black and stays that way. Nudging the mouse makes the arrow pointer and a small rotating blue circle appears, indicating something is happening in the background, but it never finishe

:)

Drj112, Jul 26, 2021
  2. Zakin Win User

Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown User Account Inaccessible after Windows 10 Update and Reboot :(

Zakin, Jul 26, 2021
  3. 95Viper Win User
    95Viper, Jul 26, 2021
  4. User Account Inaccessible after Windows 10 Update and Reboot

Windows 10 New User Accounts

• Which is the new user account type you have created and facing these issue?
    Built in Administrator account

Local Account

MS Account

2. Have you made any changes on these accounts after creating them?

Not initially. Tried rebooting, removing and readding after a reboot. Tried adding via CLI and GUI interfaces

After that I tried one of the suggestions and tried coping a good account over the newly created account. That did not work

3. Does this issue persists on any specific user account?

No it persists on all newly created accounts do not work

4. What are the troubleshooting steps you have created in resolving the issue?

Just the ones mentioned in Step 2

5. Do let us know if you have any user account with no issues on your computer?

only the initial account that was created when I upgraded to windows 10

Robert Cantrell, Jul 26, 2021
Thema:

User Account Inaccessible after Windows 10 Update and Reboot

1. User Account Inaccessible after Windows 10 Update and Reboot - Similar Threads - User Account Inaccessible

2. Windows 10 User Profile Resets After Reboot After Renaming User

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 User Profile Resets After Reboot After Renaming User: I followed a tutorial on YouTube that showed me how to rename my Users folder name thru Registry Editor. After renaming, I restarted my PC and my computer was blank besides what was left over in my old Users profile. I copied and pasted all the files back onto my profile, but...
  3. Windows 10 User Profile Resets After Reboot After Renaming User

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 User Profile Resets After Reboot After Renaming User: I followed a tutorial on YouTube that showed me how to rename my Users folder name thru Registry Editor. After renaming, I restarted my PC and my computer was blank besides what was left over in my old Users profile. I copied and pasted all the files back onto my profile, but...
  4. Windows 10 User Profile Resets After Reboot After Renaming User

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Windows 10 user profiles disappears after reboot

Windows 10 user profiles disappears after reboot: Hi.Today we have had several reports of users that their Windows 10 profile was deleted and temporary profile created when they logged onto their device. On closer inspection their recycling bin items have remained, but everything else has disappeared! Including desktop files...
  6. Created Partitions Inaccessible to User Accounts?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Created Partitions Inaccessible to User Accounts?: Got new PC w/Windows 10, Office 365, etc. Created 2 other non-admin user accts. Partitioned the C: drive, adding D:, E:, F: and G: of equal sizes. Question: How come even in Admin user acct, I cannot in cmd-window do a change-dir cd from C: to any of the other partitions?...
  7. Created Partitions Inaccessible to User Accounts?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Created Partitions Inaccessible to User Accounts?: Got new PC w/Windows 10, Office 365, etc. Created 2 other non-admin user accts. Partitioned the C: drive, adding D:, E:, F: and G: of equal sizes. Question: How come even in Admin user acct, I cannot in cmd-window do a change-dir cd from C: to any of the other partitions?...
  8. Created Partitions Inaccessible to User Accounts?

9. All HDD's inaccessible after reboot

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    All HDD's inaccessible after reboot: Rebooted my Windows 10 machine today, now all of my HDD's are unreadable - 4 internal HDD's - 3 External HDD's (one is a set of raid drives) All of them were working fine until today. If I plug my external ones into my laptop I can read and see the data just fine. Booting...
  10. Inaccessible boot device after reboot from Update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Inaccessible boot device after reboot from Update: Sorry, I read through the posting instructions, but due to the nature of the problem, I can not provide a crash log or a screen shot because I can not get past the Repair/Diagnose loop. My Windows 10 pro has been running just fine until yesterday when I did an update....