Windows 10: User account info lost after changing login email

Discus and support User account info lost after changing login email in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; [img] I recently changed my main Microsoft account login email and after doing so, all my 10 machines no longer show my name on the login screen... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by otosnede, Sep 29, 2015.

1. otosnede Win User

User account info lost after changing login email

User account info lost after changing login email [​IMG]

I recently changed my main Microsoft account login email and after doing so, all my 10 machines no longer show my name on the login screen (shows my email address twice) or in the Start menu (only shows the email address) and as you can see in the above screenshot, permissions no longer show as my login and email address.

Things I've done so far to try and correct it:
    • Change my account to local login, then back to my Microsoft login, which temporarily corrected it, but then after a few restarts, the info gets lost again
    • Manually added my name in Computer Management > System Tools > Local Users and Groups > Users... this fixed it, but again, only until a restart
    Has anyone else experienced something like this and no of a way to correct it (and make it stick)?

:)

otosnede, Sep 29, 2015

2. Is there anyway I can get around this situation please? Windows 10 defunct MS account

Just to clarify...I changed the email address user login, on my MS account, as lost old email address when I moved house as interent provider not in new area. Old email address MS log in is still on my old PC that I now need to use,

Anonymous13516, Sep 29, 2015
  3. 'Mike P Win User
    How do I remove my Microsoft account from my profile in windows 10?

All settings, Accounts.

Sign in with a local account instead.

Will change your email login to the computer, to a regular user name login w/o email.

'Mike P, Sep 29, 2015
  4. joya Win User

Every time you log on to Windows 10 with Microsoft account, the system will connect to Microsoft's online server for synchronizing the name associated with your online email account. Log on to your Microsoft account via Sign in to your Microsoft account and check if your name is set up properly.

5. otosnede Win User
    Thanks for the reply. The name is set correct when I log in to my Microsoft account.

otosnede, Sep 29, 2015
  6. joya Win User
    Could you take a photo of Windows login screen and upload it?
    It is possible that the system fails to synchronize the name with Microsoft's online server. Try to change your email password via https://account.live.com/ and then check if you could log on to Windows 10 with your new password?

joya, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. User account info lost after changing login email - Similar Threads - User account info

2. change account info

in Windows 10 Gaming
    change account info: I've been trying to update my microsoft account to include my new e-mail address. I was able to change the e-mail address with Skype. However, the microsoft account asks for a verification code. I had put my cellular number previously to be able to do this step. The last few...
  3. How to change the Microsoft email for the login user

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How to change the Microsoft email for the login user: I bought a new laptop for my son. During the initial setup, the login username was his name. But the Microsoft account was using my email. Now he has his own Microsoft account, how can I update his user with his email? I do not wish to create a new user. Is it possible for...
  4. Change account info

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Change account info: I was given my father's old work computer. The account and everything is under his name and email. Is there a way to change this without losing the files I have stored on the computer? I have added my own Microsoft account but see no way to remove the others....
  5. Changed email associated with Microsoft account, now I've lost all my settings, login info,...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Changed email associated with Microsoft account, now I've lost all my settings, login info,...: I had changed the email address associated with my Microsoft account about a month ago, and so I was getting periodic notifications that there was a problem with my MS account. After updating and restarting the most recent time on Saturday evening, I was told I needed to fix...
  6. Changing User Email Login on My PC

in Windows 10 Customization
    Changing User Email Login on My PC: Hi there! I have recently updated my PC and was prompted to login using a Microsoft email. Since I already had one my business email address I naturally went for that, however was refused on the basis that it was already in use, and that I had to use another email address in...
  7. problem after change my login account email

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    problem after change my login account email: I have do step below to make myself in trouble, can anyone help me to fix this? 1. register new laptop Microsoft account with mobile phone number 2. change to email login with gmail account 3. 2nd change to email login with Microsoft outlook email 4. cant login to...
  8. Lost User Account after Update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Lost User Account after Update: I just updated my system to the 1903 build, and now I lost my Standard User account. It will no longer allow me to log in, and the User folder is empty, so I no longer have access to anything I had saved on that account; which includes personally identifiable information....
  9. deleting a user account/users email and info

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    deleting a user account/users email and info: I just swopped for this machine and need to know how to delete her user info(name and e-mail address) from it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/deleting-a-user-accountusers-email-and-info/3cad0258-727e-422c-99cb-a4a9dfe6a24a"
  10. Change user email login

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Change user email login: I deleted my old email at live.com and created a new Outlook.com email which I use to login to Microsoft. The old bredband email has been deleted but how do I update the email address aat the login screen to show the new one without creating a new account? What I am trying...