Windows 10: User Account issue Windows 10 home

Discus and support User Account issue Windows 10 home in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, I am trying to fix a problem on my fathers Windows 10 PC but can't seem to make it work for some reason. When the computer store entered his... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Grendor, Aug 30, 2019.

1. Grendor Win User

User Account issue Windows 10 home

Hello,

I am trying to fix a problem on my fathers Windows 10 PC but can't seem to make it work for some reason.

When the computer store entered his email address for a user account they used (example) *** Email address is removed for privacy *** (example) when PC was picked up he could not use the Microsoft Store. Since his account was not a Microsoft Email.

So I thought I did the right thing and I created a Microsoft account\email address for him and entered that for store login.

Now here is the problem I think the PC is mow confused as every day he gets password warning saying maybe account password has changed and to go into (I think shared user settings) when I go in there and even do nothing the error goes away until next restart.

Then the issue comes back and I have to repeat to make it go away.

I tried logging out of the Microsoft store and back in using password and I can log out and in fine.

How do I fix this issue please?

More info: When he logs in It displays his name and the *** Email address is removed for privacy *** (example) but the Microsoft store is using his new Microsoft email address that I made for him so he could use the store.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Gren

:)

Grendor, Aug 30, 2019
  2. Zakin Win User

Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown User Account issue Windows 10 home :(

Zakin, Aug 30, 2019
  3. 95Viper Win User
    95Viper, Aug 30, 2019
  4. Zakin Win User

Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

So my Father, who is by no means a moron on computers, we just reformatted his PC like two weeks ago due to just a SSD swap as well as just looking for a clean up format. Now everything is fine, working flawlessly, but he is having the strangest issue now.

On my installs of Windows 10 both on my computer as well as my brothers, we can get into windows bypassing the lock/login screen, as well as Windows will not ask us when we come out of sleep mode either.

But for some reason on his computer, when he comes out of sleep mode it still asks him to hit the sign in button, which isn't the worst thing in the world but for the life of us we can't figure out quite why that is happening. Now it gets stranger because for some reason even though he is fully protected, he goes to legitimately five different websites in his day typically I'd say. He has this second user account that's named Jacob, it's not an administrative account and it has no Users folder either. Windows doesn't actually believe it's a user as far as I can tell, or at least it's never been used.

Now I wouldn't of gone into such detail if the next thing wasn't so strange, I cannot seem to delete it, we figured deleting it would fix the issue because in older versions of Windows if you came out of sleep mode and you had more than one user account it would stick on the login page to let you choose which account, that makes sense. Except that when I try to delete this account either through Control Panel or the new Windows 10 Settings panel, when I reboot the account comes right back.

In safe mode if I delete it, it stays away, even after reboot, BUT if I reboot back into normal mode, it comes back. Super strange, it doesn't seem to be malicious at all, we've done several scans and he hasn't had a virus in probably well over a year and that was even just harmless bullshit.

Any thoughts on this one? He's already told me he doesn't mind reformatting it would just be annoying considering he actually just did it.

Zakin, Aug 30, 2019
Thema:

1. User Account issue Windows 10 home - Similar Threads - User Account issue

2. Issues signing into a user account on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issues signing into a user account on Windows 10: Today I was trying to log into my user account when it just said "The username or password is incorrect". This was a huge surprise for me because the exact same details worked yesterday, no-one uses that laptop, and I didn't have any malware. That user has all of it's folders...
  3. Issues signing into a user account on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Issues signing into a user account on Windows 10: Today I was trying to log into my user account when it just said "The username or password is incorrect". This was a huge surprise for me because the exact same details worked yesterday, no-one uses that laptop, and I didn't have any malware. That user has all of it's folders...
  4. Issues signing into a user account on Windows 10

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  5. Windows 10 Home user account questions

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Home user account questions: I am curious about how Win10 Home deals with / creates / manages user accounts. I have a client, a non-profit org, whose current treasurer is interested in donating her laptop to the organization - it's got accounting software, database file, etc. When I picked it up, it...
  6. Windows 10 Home user account confusion

Windows 10 Home user account confusion: Can anyone explain below behavior of Windows. In two locations I see username as: Amy In the other two locations I see username as: PKBK [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-home-user-account-confusion/a54d4056-b9c0-4be9-b8e9-e65f30ccdb27
  7. Windows 10 Home Administrator account issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Home Administrator account issues: I have a Windows 10 Home version installed on my HP laptop. Suddenly, the administrator does not allow to install or uninstall any software. I tried to locate the admin account in user account in settings but there is no option for that. I tried various steps to...
  8. User Account Control Issues Windows 10

User Account Control Issues Windows 10: Why, when I am the only administrator, do I receive Account Control popup messages indicating that Administrator Approval is required and then it will not let me perform the action, even though I AM the only administrator? How do I fix this? I have to say, Windows...
  9. User Account Issue

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    User Account Issue: Hello, I have lost the use of my user account, i cannot delete, change anything on my laptop, the user account window appears and in the past i had an option to use either YES or NO i only get NO and have to log in as administrator i do not see where to do this, i may have...
  10. Windows 10 User account login issue...

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Windows 10 User account login issue...: I got my son a Dell 2 in 1 laptop and set myself up as Administrator and set up an account for him. It worked fine for a few days. But now he can't login to his account. The password is correct, but it gives the error "Windows can not connect to the Group Policy client...