Windows 10: User Account keeps popping up with only the no option. Cant install anything to PC.

Discus and support User Account keeps popping up with only the no option. Cant install anything to PC. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Do you want to allow app to make Changes to PC Anything I try to install I get pop up.....Do you want to allow this app to make changes to your PC? No... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by valleymitch, Oct 31, 2020.

1. User Account keeps popping up with only the no option. Cant install anything to PC.

Do you want to allow app to make Changes to PC Anything I try to install I get pop up.....Do you want to allow this app to make changes to your PC? No option of yes to click just the no option. Cant install... anything....trying to install minecraft on kids computer. I am fine with deleting admin access and giving it to them. I have tried the solutions in other forums. I am a bit of an OG nerd, but this one has me

1. Tried to change user account

2. tied to create a task

UG. You can't even post a picutre of it because it takes over the whole screen and you can't get to your snippet. I also tried prnt scrn and NOPE.

Help Frustrated MOTHER

:)

valleymitch, Oct 31, 2020
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

User Account keeps popping up with only the no option.

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that whenever you try to delete or make any certain changes you get a User Account Prompt with only No option. I’ll certainly assist you with the issue.

However, please let us know:

• Are you logged in using an Administrator account?
    • How many user accounts are there in the computer?
    • Are you aware of any changes made to the computer prior to this issue?
    • Which build version of Windows 10 is installed on the computer? Refer
      Which version of Windows operating system am I running?

I would suggest you to try enabling the default administrator and check if you are able to make the changes. Follow the steps mentioned below to enable default administrator.

1. Open Start Menu and type CMD.
    2. Now right click on it and click on Run as administrator.
    3. Type the following command to enable hidden administrator: net user administrator /active:yes
    4. After enabling hidden admin login to the Hidden Admin account, refer the article on

How to switch users (accounts) in Windows 10

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Oct 31, 2020
  3. Mohan B P Win User
    User Account keeps popping up with only the no option. Cant install anything to PC. Do you want to allow app to make Changes to PC

Hi,

I realize that you are facing the issue in installing the applications.

To assist you better, kindly write back to us with the following information.

• Are you using the administrator account?

• When you say “Tried changing the user account setting”, what exactly you changed?

• Have you tried installing in a different account?
    I suggest you to follow the below troubleshooting methods and check if it helps.

Method 1: Change User account control settings.

• Click on the Search icon in the taskbar.
    • Type Control Panel and select Control Panel option.
    • Find and click on User Accounts.
    • Click on Change User Account Control Settings.
    • Change the control level to low and check if it helps.

If the issue still persists, try method 2.

Method 2: Create a new user account.

Follow the steps below to create a new user account and check if it helps.

• Click on the Search icon in the taskbar.
    • Type User account.
    • Click on Manage another user account and select
      Add new user in PC settings.
    • Add a New account and check if the issue persist.

Hope the information helps. Kindly write back to us for further assistance on Windows. We will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohan B P, Oct 31, 2020
  4. User Account keeps popping up with only the no option. Cant install anything to PC.

Microsoft account Sign in option under user account is not working

Hi NAvneet.

Many thanks for your help. But this didn't work.

Should I try the below procedure. Someone has suggested this method to similar query in other thread. Pls suggest:

Please follow the steps to enable the build in administrator and check if it helps:

• Use the power button on the sign-in screen to Shift+Restart. This will take you to the recovery boot menu.
    • Click Troubleshoot, Advanced options, Startup settings. When given the choice of startup options, try booting the PC in
      Safe Mode with Command Prompt. If you can’t get there, skip to the next major step.
      • If you can get to a CMD window, enable the built-in administrator account:

net user administrator /active:yes
      • Then restart and sign-in as the Administrator account.
      • Once in the Administrator account, open Regedit
        and go to the following key:

HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Software\Microsoft\IdentityCRL\StoredIdentities
      • Save a backup of the key: Export the StoredIdentities key to a .REG file on the desktop.
      • Then continue with step 4 below.
    • Use boot media to access the recovery command prompt.
      • Start Regedit.
      • Select the HKEY_USERS key.
      • Click File, Load Hive. and go up in the file system to This PC. Then browse to this file and then click Open:

C:\Windows\System32\config\DEFAULT
      • When prompted, name it “def”
      • Select this key:

HKEY_USERS\def\Software\Microsoft\IdentityCRL\StoredIdentities
      • Save a backup of the key: Export the StoredIdentities key to a .REG file on the C:\ drive.
    • Find the subkey under StoredIdentities that matches the name of the Microsoft Account.
    • Delete the key.
    • If you loaded the offline registry hive, go back up in the tree on the left and select “def”. Then click File,
      Unload hive. This option will only be available if “def” is selected.
    • Restart the PC and test sign-in.
    • Once done, you may need to Verify the account in Settings, Accounts in order for it to be fully usable in Windows again.
    • If you used the built-in Administrator account to resolve the issue, please return it to the default disabled state to help keep the Computer secure. To do so follow the steps:
      net user administrator /active:no
    Please create a new administrator account using the Microsoft Account and check.

Shobhitjain2005, Oct 31, 2020
Thema:

User Account keeps popping up with only the no option. Cant install anything to PC.

1. User Account keeps popping up with only the no option. Cant install anything to PC. - Similar Threads - User Account keeps

2. Pop-up User Account Control

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pop-up User Account Control: Working on DELL desktop, initially with Windows 10 & upgraded to Windows 11 aka NIGHTMARE. I want to go back to W10, but "Reset this PC" will not allow me to. When I click on "Reset PC" A window from User Account Control pops up. I enter my password from Microsoft or dell and...
  3. Pop-up User Account Control

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pop-up User Account Control: Working on DELL desktop, initially with Windows 10 & upgraded to Windows 11 aka NIGHTMARE. I want to go back to W10, but "Reset this PC" will not allow me to. When I click on "Reset PC" A window from User Account Control pops up. I enter my password from Microsoft or dell and...
  4. User Account pops up with only no option. I can't install anything on my computer.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    User Account pops up with only no option. I can't install anything on my computer.: Please help as this is my first laptop and is very frustrating. I can't even restart my computer. Help! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/user-account-pops-up-with-only-no-option-i-cant/2b30ec2c-c154-4b43-945e-71b35a98d9f8
  5. Switch User accounts not showing up and switch user option not popping up

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Switch User accounts not showing up and switch user option not popping up: My wife and I share a pc and before the recent update We both independently used our own logins and accounts to access my compute. After this newest windows update no matter what I try from making a random blank no Microsoft login account to erasing her from the pc and...
  6. User Account control pop up

in Windows 10 Customization
    User Account control pop up: When I click on my google browser icon in toolbar a UAC pop up ask if I want to let app make changes to computer Yes or No Why? I did not have to do this until a few days ago. What is making this happen?...
  7. User Account keeps popping up with only the no option. Cant install anything to PC. Do you...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    User Account keeps popping up with only the no option. Cant install anything to PC. Do you...: Whenever I try to install something on my Administrator account it couldn't let me because it was an Administrator acc. So i change my account to the User account and then when I try to download something that pops up with "Doy you want to make changes with your pc?" But the...
  8. User Account keeps popping up with only the no option.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    User Account keeps popping up with only the no option.: When I try to delete certain things or make any changes to the PC the User Account Control pop up comes up but only gives me the NO option.... I have tried changing user settings but I get the same thing...so frustrating...
  9. The screen projecting option keeps popping up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    The screen projecting option keeps popping up: I have an issue with the screen projecting options duplicate,extend, etc that keeps showing up in my screen. It's showing up by itsself without I have to press the Windows+P button. And it keeps moving by itself up and down around the 4 screen options. Is there anything I...
  10. Cant install Anything // I keep getting this

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cant install Anything // I keep getting this: Cant install Anything // I keep getting this Message All i am trying to do is find a good EZ screenShot app for Desktop so i have installed Lightshot Snagit and icecream Recorder when trying to install all i get is this [img] [img] [img] [img] [img] [img] [img]...