Windows 10: User account log on icons

Discus and support User account log on icons in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Currently in Win10 the user accounts sit near the Windows button in the bottom left position. Is there any as in Win7 display to have these icons... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Koicarp, Jan 17, 2016.

1. Koicarp Win User

User account log on icons

Currently in Win10 the user accounts sit near the Windows button in the bottom left position. Is there any as in Win7 display to have these icons residing in the centre of the screen rather than down in the bottom left corner of the screen.

:)

Koicarp, Jan 17, 2016
  2. ColinS635 Win User

Log-On Page - Non-Valid Users

Hello Ghosh,

Many thanX Ur reply.

I did think about including a Screen shot in my original post; but, how to take a Screen shot of the Log-In Screen; I.E. the screen displayed before Log-in..?

I've worked out that the additional Log-In icons are NOT, in fact, separate User Accounts; rather, these 'Password' Icons are additional means to Log-In to existing accounts (Administrator and User), just as the Biometrics Log-In icon is a separate
    (valid) method of Logging-In to the User Account.

Today, I found this article; the context is exactly the same; although, in my case, I don't have as many user accounts...

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/login-screen-shows-account-names-and-a-password/d68ea835-b64d-4938-a4fa-139320421865?auth=1

So; just as the Biometrics Log-In icon is a valid method of Logging-In to the User Account, and the Biometrics Icon information is not shown in the User Accounts Controls; but, must be stored somewhere; the 'Password' User Icons must, also, be store
    somewhere without necessarily being shown in the User Accounts Controls...

Questions is: Where is the User Account Icon info stored and which Registry entry calls the User Icon information to screen..?

I have attached a Picture of the Log-in Screen as requested (taken via my phone) - I have modified the Username for the User Account.

ColinS635, Jan 17, 2016
  3. Beware: in 1511 switching user accounts without logging out ruins desktop icon positions

Another annoying bug in 1511 update.

After the update to 1511, if you use "switch user" functionality (aka "fast switching"), you will loose icon positions of the currently logged in user. All icons will be swept up to the left side of the screen.

More precisely:

- The user is currently logged in as user A and has neatly arranged icons on their desktop

- Without logging out, the user switches to user B account (user A remains logged in)

- The user logs out of user B account

- The user returns to user A account. At this point all icons on user A desktop lost their positions and are swept to the left

This bug has to be fixed immediately, period.

EDIT: It appears that the issue occurs only on machines that use non-100% display scaling factor.

Andrey_T04, Jan 17, 2016
Thema:

User account log on icons

1. User account log on icons - Similar Threads - User account log

2. User Account control order of log in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    User Account control order of log in: Hello, I am trying to add adobe animate on my computer but the user account control thing pops up. It says add username and password. I know what they are but I dont know in what order to put them in. There is only one text box to put both things in. And just to clarify I am...
  3. User Account control order of log in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    User Account control order of log in: Hello, I am trying to add adobe animate on my computer but the user account control thing pops up. It says add username and password. I know what they are but I dont know in what order to put them in. There is only one text box to put both things in. And just to clarify I am...
  4. Windows 7 no user account to log in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 7 no user account to log in: Dear All, it's bit urgent .. in my Windows 7 i had earlier only one admin account and by mistake got deleted. now since there is no single profile registered unable to use Laptop. i need you kind support urgent to solve the issue. after profile got deleted it asked please...
  5. Windows 7 no user account to log in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 7 no user account to log in: Dear All, it's bit urgent .. in my Windows 7 i had earlier only one admin account and by mistake got deleted. now since there is no single profile registered unable to use Laptop. i need you kind support urgent to solve the issue. after profile got deleted it asked please...
  6. check is user is logged in to Onedrive not by checking icon

in Windows 10 Gaming
    check is user is logged in to Onedrive not by checking icon: Looking for something that I can check on a Onedrive business install to see if a staff account is signed in, like a key or event on a workstation that I can they check and maybe raise an alert.The objective is to let staff and support known when Onedrive is not signed in...
  7. check is user is logged in to Onedrive not by checking icon

in Windows 10 Customization
    check is user is logged in to Onedrive not by checking icon: Looking for something that I can check on a Onedrive business install to see if a staff account is signed in, like a key or event on a workstation that I can they check and maybe raise an alert.The objective is to let staff and support known when Onedrive is not signed in...
  8. User account image at log-on

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    User account image at log-on: Win10 Pro 21H1 I don't want to see any image/icon mucking up my beautiful log-in screen. I can not, after reading and following dozens of threads, seem to delete it. I have deleted all images in these locations:...
  9. Cannot log in with another user account

Cannot log in with another user account: I am having the same issue as here. I have reset a laptop with Windows Home 10 v1909 and cannot get it to log in with another user account. I am able to add a Work Microsoft account but I am unable to log in with it. I have to log in with my hotmail account. I have tried the...
  10. can't log into new user accounts -- and there is no "default user"

can't log into new user accounts -- and there is no "default user": when I create a new user account I can't log into it error: profSvc service failed I saw posts about changing something in C;/Users/Default User But I don't seem to have such a folder. I defined view settings to show hidden files and also system files, but I don't see...