Windows 10: User account lost from startup screen

Discus and support User account lost from startup screen in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; My wife's account is no longer on the startup screen of my computer. I have delted her account & reset it multiple times and deleted from the registry... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by cxmcdan, Jan 4, 2016.

1. cxmcdan Win User

User account lost from startup screen

My wife's account is no longer on the startup screen of my computer. I have delted her account & reset it multiple times and deleted from the registry as well. Every time it does not come back BUT when I add it back in as a user it says she can sign it but again, its not on the startup screen. When I reset her account the registry does not have her account back in either.

I have tried both family user & other user but never shows up on the startup screen
    ????????

:)

cxmcdan, Jan 4, 2016

2. Problems after win 10 update

seems like the user accounts have been lost and are not displaying at startup.

DavidHunter1, Jan 4, 2016
  3. IamVroon Win User
    Lost a user account from Login screen, after recent windows 10 update and restarting the laptop

Wasn't a corrupt account. But yeah, I guess thats the only option, to create a new user.

IamVroon, Jan 4, 2016
  4. Snakeyes Win User

Snakeyes, Jan 6, 2016
Thema:

1. User account lost from startup screen - Similar Threads - User account lost

2. Lost User Account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Lost User Account: Have a computer with Windows 10 Pro, I used to have 2 user accounts on it. The other account is not showing showing up? I ran the AccountProfileFixer and it fixed the problem until the computer reboots. When I start the computer next day its gone again, not sure what caused...
  3. User account at startup problem

in Windows 10 Customization
    User account at startup problem: I'm having a problem with a Windows 10 PC 2004 with the user name that first comes up when the machine is booting up. It's my name from when I first used the machine, and asks for a password. I don't have the password I originally set on the machine. It is now the PC my...
  4. User account missing from login screen

User account missing from login screen: I cant log in to my main user profile. Previously I had an issue where I was getting notifications saying to set up Windows Hello, although I already had a pin, and when I tried to create a pin, it would ask for my pin to verify identity then the window would just close....
  5. Two User Accounts at Startup?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Two User Accounts at Startup?: Windows 10 Version 10.0.18363 Build 18363 Recently after Power On I'm getting prompted for my login password/pin. I've had that option disabled for as long as I can remember. I'm also noticing that at the point where I get the prompt, Windows is showing me two user...
  6. Lost access to user accounts

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Lost access to user accounts: A few months ago windows performed an upgrade that made the other 2 user accounts unaccusable. Mine as the administrator still worked the other 2 did not. They were still there and could log in with their passwords but they would log-in into a blank screen. You can activate...
  7. Other User on startup screen?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Other User on startup screen?: I also have a phantom 'Other User" account on the logon screen that the system defaults to. I have Windows 10 version 1903 (OS build 18362.356) running on an HP Streambook (designed for Windows 10, not Chrome OS). After the last Windows update the phantom "Other User" account...
  8. user accounts missing from logon screen

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    user accounts missing from logon screen: I have several user accounts on my laptop but after updating recently only about half of them now appear on my logon screen.The accounts still show in the users folder and are in the NETUSER list but they don't show in NETPLWIZ box.I have seen articles that suggest this can...
  9. User Account Lost

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    User Account Lost: I'm not sure how, when, or what happened here. but this morning I found that my user id, “C:\Users\UnknownUser” contained all my working directories was gone and that “Users\Downloads” with a large blue down-arrow had replaced it and that it contained all my working...
  10. Lost windows user account

Lost windows user account: Briefly, after the latest windows update when the computer restarted, I logged in and everything was missing. It was a fresh account under the same name, and even activated the intro that Windows 10 does when it first installs. I've tried switching between a Microsoft and...