Windows 10: User account lost from startup screen

Discus and support User account lost from startup screen in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; My wife's account is no longer on the startup screen of my computer. I have delted her account & reset it multiple times and deleted from the registry... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by cxmcdan, Jan 4, 2016.

1. cxmcdan Win User

User account lost from startup screen

My wife's account is no longer on the startup screen of my computer. I have delted her account & reset it multiple times and deleted from the registry as well. Every time it does not come back BUT when I add it back in as a user it says she can sign it but again, its not on the startup screen. When I reset her account the registry does not have her account back in either.

I have tried both family user & other user but never shows up on the startup screen
    ????????

:)

cxmcdan, Jan 4, 2016

2. Problems after win 10 update

seems like the user accounts have been lost and are not displaying at startup.

DavidHunter1, Jan 4, 2016
  3. IamVroon Win User
    Lost a user account from Login screen, after recent windows 10 update and restarting the laptop

Wasn't a corrupt account. But yeah, I guess thats the only option, to create a new user.

IamVroon, Jan 4, 2016
  4. Snakeyes Win User

Snakeyes, Jan 6, 2016
Thema:

1. User account lost from startup screen - Similar Threads - User account lost

2. Advanced Startup repair User account lost

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Advanced Startup repair User account lost: I used an old image back up to restore the computer but now the Computer does not start with Windows 10 and going through the advanced options for repair I cannot access any of them because the system has lost my account and it only shows “user”. I tried all different...
  3. Advanced Startup repair User account lost

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Advanced Startup repair User account lost: I used an old image back up to restore the computer but now the Computer does not start with Windows 10 and going through the advanced options for repair I cannot access any of them because the system has lost my account and it only shows “user”. I tried all different...
  4. Advanced Startup repair User account lost

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. User account lost

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    User account lost: Hello,While I was trying to change the user account folder name which was misstyped, by logging in to the administrator account and using following commands in cmd:Cd C:/usersRename OldName NewName, Followed by a regedit change for the user profile's path in...
  6. User account lost

in Windows 10 Gaming
    User account lost: Hello,While I was trying to change the user account folder name which was misstyped, by logging in to the administrator account and using following commands in cmd:Cd C:/usersRename OldName NewName, Followed by a regedit change for the user profile's path in...
  7. User account lost

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Lost user account

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Lost user account: Hi, I had some trouble with Windows and reset it, this kept my files and programs. It logged me on with the administrator account, Windows is ok but one user account is gone. The folder is no longer there in Users, Windows still seems to remember its password in some areas....
  9. Lost User Account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Lost User Account: Have a computer with Windows 10 Pro, I used to have 2 user accounts on it. The other account is not showing showing up? I ran the AccountProfileFixer and it fixed the problem until the computer reboots. When I start the computer next day its gone again, not sure what caused...
  10. User Account Lost

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    User Account Lost: I'm not sure how, when, or what happened here. but this morning I found that my user id, “C:\Users\UnknownUser” contained all my working directories was gone and that “Users\Downloads” with a large blue down-arrow had replaced it and that it contained all my working...