Windows 10: User account mess up

Discus and support User account mess up in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Interesting problem yesterday. I was logged in on a local account without password. I went to the accounts settings to select the option to switch to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by linw, Jun 9, 2015.

1. linw Win User

User account mess up

Interesting problem yesterday. I was logged in on a local account without password. I went to the accounts settings to select the option to switch to an MS account. No such option. But there was an option to select a local account! Whaaat??

I restarted comp and it hung. Needed the reset button to get going again. Booted into local account. Went into account settings to add a password. It didn't like this. Errored with 'something went wrong' Code: ox80004005.

I then restored it to 2 days previous. No difference so went to user accounts again and clicked 'Family and Other Users'. Got an option to login with a MS account. Restart took a long time - bit of a worry.

Eventually, it got back to logging in with same speed as before.

But I had lost the NAS share! I tried rebooting the NAS box and got a surprise when the share re-appeared!

Bit of a strange saga but obviously the user account system got a bit tied up.

Added this to Preview feedback.

:)

linw, Jun 9, 2015
  2. AndreePin Win User

user accounts messed up in windows 10

Hi,

For us to get a better grasp of your query, kindly provide us the following below:

• What is the error you that you get whenever you try to an another user?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you applied?
    • What changes were made prior to the issue?
    In the meantime, kindly refer to this link for adding a new user into your computer.

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

AndreePin, Jun 9, 2015
  3. coorsruss Win User
    user accounts messed up in windows 10

Windows 10 user accounts is messed up. can't add family or create any other account

coorsruss, Jun 9, 2015
  4. Kari Win User

User account mess up

Did you originally have an MS Account and then switched to a Local Account? That causes Windows to "get confused" and miss the Switch to MS Account link, instead showing that although you are logged in with a local account, you can only switch to a local account (which you already have) but not to an MS Account.

The workaround is exactly what you found out, go to Family and other users where the link to switch to an MS Account is shown. See more: Solved Windows 10 instructional videos by Ten Forums members - Page 36 - Windows 10 Forums

Kari, Jun 9, 2015
  5. linw Win User
    All of the above! Thanks, Kari.

Guess this problem will be fixed before the GA release.

linw, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

User account mess up

1. User account mess up - Similar Threads - User account mess

2. Really messed up user accounts

in Windows 10 Customization
    Really messed up user accounts: My laptop is running Windows 10 Home. I was trying to create an additional user account and somehow messed up my main account. It appears that instead of creating a new account I told it to log into my windows account with a local account instead of my Microsoft account. What...
  3. Really messed up user accounts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Really messed up user accounts: My laptop is running Windows 10 Home. I was trying to create an additional user account and somehow messed up my main account. It appears that instead of creating a new account I told it to log into my windows account with a local account instead of my Microsoft account. What...
  4. Really messed up user accounts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Messed up User rights

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Messed up User rights: Hi, I used a tool the gain access to system folders to clean my system. Everything worked well. I was trying to restet the user rightes and messed up big time. My question, how can I restore all rights back to default. The Problem is I just set the rights for the discs...
  6. messed up user accounts

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    messed up user accounts: ok, got a win 10 pc for a friends mum from ebay. It came with the only account called User. I added another local account I then seen a video on YT to right click the start button, computer management, local user & groups and rename Administrator account to what i needed,...
  7. User Account Messed up after Upgrade

User Account Messed up after Upgrade: I was working on a friend's PC yesterday and could not get a windows update to install.This update was a upgrade from v1909 Build 18363.628 to the latest v19041.450.I used the Microsoft Windows 10 Update Assistant to do this upgrade finally after the windows updates failed to...
  8. are my user accounts messed up?

are my user accounts messed up?: I'm not sure if I'm worrying for nothing, but here goes... I'm running Win10 ver 1909 (build 18363-959) on a Toshiba Satellite laptop. I was logged into my "steve" account - which is an admin account. I saved a picture from Ifranview64 to the Documents folder. Going online...
  9. are my user accounts messed up?

in Windows 10 Support
    are my user accounts messed up?: I'm not sure if I'm worrying for nothing, but here goes... I'm running Win10 ver 1909 (build 18363-959) on a Toshiba Satellite laptop. I was logged into my "steve" account - which is an admin account. I saved a picture from Ifranview64 to the Documents folder. Going online...
  10. A little mess-up with user accounts

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    A little mess-up with user accounts: Well, things were great for a while but the honeymoon is over and my user accounts are now quite messed up. It took one click to get me into this mess, perhaps one click to get me out?? ; I really would like to avoid a clean install so soon! Up to an hour ago things were...