Windows 10: User account no longer accessible from login page

Discus and support User account no longer accessible from login page in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; On my PC, I have two User accounts, one has administrator entitlements (call it Admin) and one does not (call it NotAdmin). I cannot access the Admin... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by NeilM3, Aug 11, 2019.

1. NeilM3 Win User

User account no longer accessible from login page

On my PC, I have two User accounts, one has administrator entitlements (call it Admin) and one does not (call it NotAdmin). I cannot access the Admin account from the login page anymore but NotAdmin still works fine.

I have done nothing new or out of the ordinary, just today, I can no longer log into Admin or switch user accounts to Admin from NotAdmin.

Yet, Admin account still exists. For example, if I try to run (as administrator) Cmd, then Windows prompts me for Admin password and I enter it and I am correctly granted admin access. Moreover, I can see the files created in Admin account if I "dir" from command line.

I have done so many things from these message boards including (1) secedit ... /verbose (2) add Admin to Administrators group (3) SFC scannow (4) disk health repair. Unfortunately, I cannot restore because I previously did not have restore configured. Nothing is working.

How can I log into my Admin user account again? How can I get my Admin user account to appear as a login option on login home page? How can I switch between Admin and Not Admin accounts again?

Thank you.

:)

NeilM3, Aug 11, 2019

2. user account,administrator

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I would appreciate if you can provide us the following information to help us understand the issue better?

• Where do you see all these accounts on your system?
    • Do these see these account as a login option at you login screen?
    • Are you able to access these accounts?
    • If you are able to access these account. Are you able to access data in these accounts?
    I would suggest you to follow the step, which would provide you the list of all the user accounts on your system.

• Press Windows key + X key.
    • Type control userpasswords2.
    • Press Enter.
    Now check if all these accounts are present on your system.

Please provide us the required information. We would be happy to assist your further on the issue.

Ashish Sondhi, Aug 11, 2019
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Cannot Login with New User Account in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue

• What exactly happens when you try to login with new user account?

• Are you getting any error message?

• Since when are you facing this issue?

I suggest you to Enable
    the built in Administrator account in Windows 10, and then try to create new user account and check if it helps.

I suggest you to refer the steps below and check if it helps

• Press Windows+ X, select
      Command Prompt
      , and then click Run as Administrator.

• When you are prompted by User Account Control, click Continue.

• At the command prompt, type net user administrator /active: yes, and then press Enter.

• Type net user administrator
      <Password>
      , and then press Enter.

Note In this command, <Password> represents the actual password that you want to set for the administrator account.

• Type exit, and then press Enter.

• Log off the current user account. And login and check whether your able to login to windows or not.

Hope this information is helpful. Please write back to us if you need any further assistance, we'll be glad to assist you.

Arun B J, Aug 11, 2019
  4. marknyy Win User

Windows users at login

I cannot see all of my user accounts on the login screen on a new Windows 10 laptop. I have an account for my son and it does not appear as a user on the login screen. It is listed if I display the users with the CMD prompt. The only account I see is my
    account which is an admin. His account is a user. All the suggestions I've seen are not available on home edition.

marknyy, Aug 11, 2019
Thema:

1. User account no longer accessible from login page - Similar Threads - User account longer

2. Second or other user accounts not showing at login page.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Second or other user accounts not showing at login page.: I had two user accounts on my windows 11 home, and both were working well but after I upgrade my windows to pro, at startup I see both users but after a restart I don't see the second one but I've access to second user data via explore.In addition to that, I create a new user...
  3. Second or other user accounts not showing at login page.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Second or other user accounts not showing at login page.: I had two user accounts on my windows 11 home, and both were working well but after I upgrade my windows to pro, at startup I see both users but after a restart I don't see the second one but I've access to second user data via explore.In addition to that, I create a new user...
  4. No Longer Cannot Access Other User Accounts on PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No Longer Cannot Access Other User Accounts on PC: I have a Westinghouse TV which I use as my PC, with Windows 10 Pro, version 20H2 installed on it. Whenever I clicked on the windows logo, then on the account picture, I would see other user accounts I could log onto. Now, whenever I click on the account user logo, I only see...
  5. No Longer Cannot Access Other User Accounts on PC

No Longer Cannot Access Other User Accounts on PC: I have a Westinghouse TV which I use as my PC, with Windows 10 Pro, version 20H2 installed on it. Whenever I clicked on the windows logo, then on the account picture, I would see other user accounts I could log onto. Now, whenever I click on the account user logo, I only see...
  6. No Longer Cannot Access Other User Accounts on PC

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. User Accounts won't display on Login Page

in Windows 10 Gaming
    User Accounts won't display on Login Page: Hi all,I just finished setting up windows 10 on my machine, I added another user on my pc, but I cannot see the user from the login page and there is no option to switch to that account. The only solution is setting dontdisplaylastusername regedit to 1 or true, I was able to...
  8. User Accounts won't display on Login Page

User Accounts won't display on Login Page: Hi all,I just finished setting up windows 10 on my machine, I added another user on my pc, but I cannot see the user from the login page and there is no option to switch to that account. The only solution is setting dontdisplaylastusername regedit to 1 or true, I was able to...
  9. User Accounts won't display on Login Page

in Windows 10 Customization
  10. User accounts no longer accessible after update

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    User accounts no longer accessible after update: Literally overnight, there is only 1 out of 4 user accounts that are accessible via login - the other three accounts are not even an option. What happened?!...