Windows 10: user account now has a .000 extension after lateset win 10 update

Discus and support user account now has a .000 extension after lateset win 10 update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Alot of people are having this problem.Is there a fix for the new update?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by DaveWerth, Nov 2, 2019.

1. DaveWerth Win User

user account now has a .000 extension after lateset win 10 update

Alot of people are having this problem.Is there a fix for the new update?

:)

DaveWerth, Nov 2, 2019

2. How to get original user 'name' back after Win 10 changed to 'name.000

Some Win update (maybe KB4505903 & KB4508433) has changed my user name, into ‘name.000’. How can they do that??? They moved everything from my personal user directory ‘Name’ into a new user directory ‘Name.000’. Lost info and my Outlook 2013 won’t work & what to do with My Original Directory (I want it back)! Would uninstalling the updates above help anything??? Or do I move everything - will it happen again?

Also, I've done many suggestions re loggin into a 'temporary account'. That is not the problem - I checked it up & down.

Thank you for your help. *Sad

happyheart, Nov 2, 2019
  3. Vesao Win User
    Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

Vesao, Nov 2, 2019
  4. user account now has a .000 extension after lateset win 10 update

Account folder moved to "Administrator.000"?

Before the Anniversary Update (which I only installed recently), Win 10 Pro 64 had one main account (mine) :

• Its name was Administrator (it was the built-in admin account)
    • Its full name was different (lets say it was "Full_Name")
    • This account had (obviously) Admin rights
    • Its Win 10 User folder was "C:\Users\Administrator"

And I was very happy with this.

Since applying the Anniversary update a few days ago, Win 10 has changed my User folder to "C:\Users\Administrator.000" and created a new/different "C:\Users\Administrator". I didn't noticed anything special at first since everything appeared fine (desktop icons etc appeared like normal, everything had been silently moved and set up). Privileges are still fine, etc.

But browsing through the Users folder I noticed this change. It's not a big deal in and of itself but for the sake of cleanliness I would like to return the situation to normal, ie :

• have my user account be the built-in Admin account again ; and thus also...
    • having my User folder be "C:\Users\Administrator" once again (with everything moved back and correctly detected/set in there) and not have this "Administrator.000" be my user account folder anymore

How can I proceed ?

Parker Lewis, Nov 2, 2019
Thema:

user account now has a .000 extension after lateset win 10 update

1. user account now has a .000 extension after lateset win 10 update - Similar Threads - user account has

2. Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 Pro User Account Folder Renamed {User}.000

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 Pro User Account Folder Renamed {User}.000: Hello, I've been reading many many threads regarding an update that renamed the C:\Users\{User} to C:\Users\{User}.000. This seems to break lots of programs that are actually pointing to the \{User} folder. I believe Zune may have been the reason why this .000 folder was...
  3. User folder renamed with .000?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    User folder renamed with .000?: Hi all - having an issue with a friend's (named Doug) Win10 HP laptop. He had a Windows 10 upgrade go through awhile back and since then he has two user folders - 'Doug' and 'Doug.000'. For the record, his machine only ever had one user account called Doug, which was an admin...
  4. My User folder now has no extension, it's just a file

My User folder now has no extension, it's just a file: I'm trying to understand why my user folder changed to a file. It was a folder, and i could access %appdata% with it, but now i have to open a game, to try opening it. How do i solve this?...
  5. User.000 issue after updating to 1909

User.000 issue after updating to 1909: I'm one of the many people suffering from issues with user profiles after applying Update 1909 to Windows 10. I've read all the threads I can find on the topic here and have followed the suggestions, all to no avail. Any other thoughts are appreciated. After applying Update...
  6. User account .000 after upgrade to 1909

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    User account .000 after upgrade to 1909: After upgrading to Windows 10 1909, my account admin was renamed to admin.000 and a new admin user was added. What the heck being polite. How do I get my "stuff" from the .000 into the new account?...
  7. Win 10 Pro now has an extra account

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win 10 Pro now has an extra account: I recently purchased a new Dell with Win 10 installed. I chose to transfer files from my old Win 7 machine by restoring a backup from my external HDD. When I did this I now have three user folders on the C: drive (Administrator, Bill Payne and brpay). The brpay apparently...
  8. How to get original user 'name' back after Win 10 changed to 'name.000

How to get original user 'name' back after Win 10 changed to 'name.000: Some Win update (maybe KB4505903 & KB4508433) has changed my user name, into ‘name.000’. How can they do that??? They moved everything from my personal user directory ‘Name’ into a new user directory ‘Name.000’. Lost info and my Outlook 2013 won’t work & what to do with My...
  9. How to get original user 'name' back after Win 10 changed to 'name.000

in Windows 10 Support
    How to get original user 'name' back after Win 10 changed to 'name.000: Some Win update (maybe KB4505903 & KB4508433) has changed my user name, into ‘name.000’. How can they do that??? They moved everything from my personal user directory ‘Name’ into a new user directory ‘Name.000’. Lost info and my Outlook 2013 won’t work & what to do with My...
  10. Updated to 1903 but 'user'.000 now created and holds all my user files

Updated to 1903 but 'user'.000 now created and holds all my user files: Hi, as per the title. All my pre-update User files are now in a folder with ".000" added to the name. I've already run into problems with programs using the non .000 path e.g. Dropbox. Is there an easy fix for this?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows update created user.000

2. username with a .000 extention