Windows 10: user account panel administrator when I want to download something that pop-up

Discus and support user account panel administrator when I want to download something that pop-up in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I want to delete that when I want to download something cause i don't know the password from it'... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Kathy Pierce, Jul 6, 2019.

1. user account panel administrator when I want to download something that pop-up

I want to delete that when I want to download something cause i don't know the password from it'

:)

Kathy Pierce, Jul 6, 2019
  2. Arul_D Win User

How do you change a user account to an administrator account in Windows 10?

Hi Fiona,

Welcome to the Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to go to control panel and check your user account status. Right click on the start button and select control panel in the menu. In the control panel, click on the 'view by' option in the top right and select 'large icons'. Now, click
    on 'User accounts' and check if your account is listed as Administrator. If it is not displayed as Admin account, click on the option 'Change user account type' and select 'Administrator' and apply changes. Try these steps and let us know the results. If you
    have already tried, please let us know what all troubleshooting steps you have tried so far, so that we can provided you suggestion accordingly.

Arul_D, Jul 6, 2019
  3. angus Win User
    Settings can't be opened using the built-in administrator account

Hello,
    Unfortunately I have the same issue as Dabz from upgrading win7 to win10.
    I've tried opening settings using all the suggested methods and it will not load using my account with Administrator access nor the built-in Administrator profile. I also tried other methods not listed such as using Run. Control panel is just a stepping stone to add users in Settings.
    I'm also having explorer.exe issues, which I believe is preventing Settings from loading.
    Using cmd (Admin) I successfully created a new user profile [and granted admin access also using cmd (Admin)], however win10 will not allow this account to log on. win10 does not list this new user within control panel but it does in the start menu. win10 will not allow to log in or switch to the new account via the start menu either.
    I can access settings in Safe Mode but this will not allow me to create a new account.
    Any help/suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
    Cheers

angus, Jul 6, 2019
  4. Rose Ter Win User

user account panel administrator when I want to download something that pop-up

Changing Administrator in User Account

Hi Bryan,

In order for us to assist you on how to delete your Administrator Account from your computer. Kindly follow these steps:

• Go to Start.
    • Look for Control Panel.
    • Select User Accounts.
    • Then look for Manage another user's account.
    • Select your old account and then delete it.

Let us know how it goes.

Rose Ter, Jul 6, 2019
Thema:

user account panel administrator when I want to download something that pop-up

1. user account panel administrator when I want to download something that pop-up - Similar Threads - user account panel

2. When l want to download something it keeps on saying there is an error with my account and...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When l want to download something it keeps on saying there is an error with my account and...: having a problem linking my pc and phone and my account keeps on saying error* Moved from Community Center https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-l-want-to-download-something-it-keeps-on/3ec89153-dcef-491b-a4f1-5b79e21ad181
  3. When l want to download something it keeps on saying there is an error with my account and...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When l want to download something it keeps on saying there is an error with my account and...: having a problem linking my pc and phone and my account keeps on saying error* Moved from Community Center https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-l-want-to-download-something-it-keeps-on/3ec89153-dcef-491b-a4f1-5b79e21ad181
  4. When i download something on 1 user the other user also gets it

When i download something on 1 user the other user also gets it: For some reason on family's window 10 computer ever time i download an app not Microsoft store apps everyone else gets itExample: When I downloaded wondershare filmora on my account the 2 other users also gets it. Please help me its starting to get really anoying. i am the...
  5. Pop-up User Account Control

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pop-up User Account Control: Working on DELL desktop, initially with Windows 10 & upgraded to Windows 11 aka NIGHTMARE. I want to go back to W10, but "Reset this PC" will not allow me to. When I click on "Reset PC" A window from User Account Control pops up. I enter my password from Microsoft or dell and...
  6. Pop-up User Account Control

Pop-up User Account Control: Working on DELL desktop, initially with Windows 10 & upgraded to Windows 11 aka NIGHTMARE. I want to go back to W10, but "Reset this PC" will not allow me to. When I click on "Reset PC" A window from User Account Control pops up. I enter my password from Microsoft or dell and...
  7. When i download something on 1 user the other user also gets it

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    When i download something on 1 user the other user also gets it: For some reason on family's window 10 computer ever time i download an app not Microsoft store apps everyone else gets it Example: When I downloaded wondershare filmora on my account the 3 other users also gets it. Please help me its starting to get really anoying....
  8. User Account control pop up

in Windows 10 Customization
    User Account control pop up: When I click on my google browser icon in toolbar a UAC pop up ask if I want to let app make changes to computer Yes or No Why? I did not have to do this until a few days ago. What is making this happen?...
  9. pop up or something

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    pop up or something: C:\ProgramData\SystemConfig000\node.exe I need this removed https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pop-up-or-something/449ac994-7b3e-41d1-bc03-1158c314928b"
  10. I downloaded a program and it is the admin account and I want to move it to user account.

in Windows 10 Customization
    I downloaded a program and it is the admin account and I want to move it to user account.: help please! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-downloaded-a-program-and-it-is-the-admin-account/e17d0a2f-bf90-44a2-b49a-170fba3aca28