Windows 10: User Account Password Reset

Discus and support User Account Password Reset in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I forgot my user account password on my laptop (I am the admin), and was just wondering how I can reset it or log in to change it using a free method... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by CH2410, Feb 28, 2019.

1. CH2410 Win User

User Account Password Reset

I forgot my user account password on my laptop (I am the admin), and was just wondering how I can reset it or log in to change it using a free method and without resetting windows.

:)

CH2410, Feb 28, 2019
  2. P4-630 Win User

How to reset Windwos 8 Password?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/what-do-forget-windows-password#1TC=windows-8

• If you've forgotten your Windows password, there are several ways to retrieve or reset it:
      • If your PC is on a domain, your system administrator must reset your password.
      • If you're using a Microsoft account, you can reset your password online. ...
      • If you're using a local account, use your password hint as a reminder.

P4-630, Feb 28, 2019
  3. Reset Password of User Account in Windows 10  

But why not give the user the option to disable Option Five? Why force it on users? Some people (like myself) don't want there to be an easy (and arguably not secure) way to do a password reset.

Ground Sloth, Feb 28, 2019
  4. Arun B J Win User

Cannot access my User Account on local machine but can access Admin account. Need help finding password but NOT reset it as it will delete saved data.

Hi,

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

If you reset the local account password it will not delete the Saved data.

I suggest you to back up the saved data and files from the admin account and try to reset the password and check if it helps.

Follow the steps below to reset the password.

• Press Windows + R.

• Type netplwiz and press enter.

• Select the user account.

• Click on Reset Password.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Feb 28, 2019
Thema:

1. User Account Password Reset - Similar Threads - User Account Password

2. Local user account password reset while in recovery

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Local user account password reset while in recovery: After a Windows restore to troubleshoot some audio driver issues, my windows 10 will not boot. I'm trying to do reset options, however it requires a password. I'm fairly certain it's asking for the local account, which I haven't used in years because I've been logging in with...
  3. Local user account password reset while in recovery

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Local user account password reset while in recovery: After a Windows restore to troubleshoot some audio driver issues, my windows 10 will not boot. I'm trying to do reset options, however it requires a password. I'm fairly certain it's asking for the local account, which I haven't used in years because I've been logging in with...
  4. Unable to reset windows login password for User account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Unable to reset windows login password for User account: Hi, * This is a windows 10 PC * worked perfectly & installed the latest updates * after installed & restart the PC, that asking user Microsoft account authentication. Sign-in option > password = that method user used normal password * User created Microsoft account long...
  5. Reset Admin password on a standard user account??

Reset Admin password on a standard user account??: I bought a refurbished computer for my employer. It had a ADMIN account set up with no pass word associated with the account so I created one. I might have had a error in my pass word because I can no longer log into that account. I did create another account that I was...
  6. user password reset

user password reset: Please help. My mother passed away a while ago and we can't unlock her laptop, we don't have the password and have tried everything possible but no luck, how can I disable the password or reset it to startup normally? it's urgent, we need important information and docs she...
  7. reset standard user account forgotten password

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    reset standard user account forgotten password: Hello signed on the computer as admin, how can i reset a standard user account forgotten password https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reset-standard-user-account-forgotten-password/e2b24ec6-07fe-4ec1-b8b8-06165aff6936"
  8. reset account with forgotten passwords and user names

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    reset account with forgotten passwords and user names: how can I recver loast passwords and e-mails on the e-mail addresses? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reset-account-with-forgotten-passwords-and-user/f1b0ca57-e640-4aa2-b2ec-7ef16c1f9d2d"
  9. how to reset windows 19 user accounts password

how to reset windows 19 user accounts password: how to reset windows 19 user accounts password https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-reset-windows-19-user-accounts-password/5515d8a2-4c39-4bfd-87a7-7b604461e9a3
  10. Reset Password of User Account in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Reset Password of User Account in Windows 10: How to: Reset Password of User Account in Windows 10 How to Reset Password of Local Account or Microsoft Account in Windows 10 If you have a local account on the PC, then your Windows password is what you use to sign in to your user account in Windows on the PC. If...