Windows 10: user account password

Discus and support user account password in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I never had a user account password on my laptop. I was cleaning things off the computer and accidently deleted the user account. When I re-boot, it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by DavidKrajec, Apr 10, 2019.

1. user account password

I never had a user account password on my laptop. I was cleaning things off the computer and accidently deleted the user account.

When I re-boot, it is looking for a password. I never had one and I don't know what to do.

:)

DavidKrajec, Apr 10, 2019
  2. Yaqub K Win User

Local Account password changed to Online Account Password

Hi,

I suggest you to follow the steps on how to switch from Microsoft account to Local account:

• Click on search in taskbar and type account.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Now, under Your account, click on Sign in with Local account instead.
    • Enter your Microsoft account password for confirmation and then follow the screen instruction.
    • Enter User name credentials for your the Local account and click OK.
    • Now, login to Local account.
    Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Apr 10, 2019
  3. Arul_D Win User
    I can't rename my user account

Hello Owen,

Welcome to the Microsoft Community.

• Are you using a Microsoft account or local account?
    If you are using local account, I suggest you to follow the below steps to change the user name.

Please follow the steps to rename the user account in Windows 10.

a. In the search box, type user accounts and click on User Accounts.

b. Click on “Change your account name”

c. If it’s prompting for password please enter and click on Yes. If you do not have password click on Yes.

d. Enter the new user name.

e. Click on change name.

If you face any more issues while working with Windows do post on Microsoft Community Forum.

Arul_D, Apr 10, 2019
  4. user account password

Changing User Accounts Password

Hi Eddy,

If you are an Admin user for your Windows 10 device, it’s still possible to change another user’s password. To perform the said task, follow these steps:

• Simultaneously press Windows + R to open the Run dialog box.
    • Once accessed, type netplwiz and hit
      Enter.
    • Select the user and choose Reset password.
    • Change it to your preferred password.

Once done, you may close the window and try to use the new password for the account.

Don’t hesitate to give us updates on your query.

Arthur Rui, Apr 10, 2019
Thema:

user account password

1. user account password - Similar Threads - user account password

2. User Account Control Password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    User Account Control Password: So, my father recently passed away and I was never told the password that he used to allow downloads. Every time I wanted to download something, I had to ask him for the password because a pop-up would appear from User Account Control. I have tried many things to try and...
  3. User Account Control Password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    User Account Control Password: So, my father recently passed away and I was never told the password that he used to allow downloads. Every time I wanted to download something, I had to ask him for the password because a pop-up would appear from User Account Control. I have tried many things to try and...
  4. User Account Control Password

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. User Account Control - Windows - Password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    User Account Control - Windows - Password: How can I, the admin for the laptop, change the password for a user account? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/user-account-control-windows-password/2aae58cf-c2c2-4911-8df7-06d883349816
  6. User Account Control - Windows - Password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    User Account Control - Windows - Password: How can I, the admin for the laptop, change the password for a user account? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/user-account-control-windows-password/2aae58cf-c2c2-4911-8df7-06d883349816
  7. User Account Password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    User Account Password: On my laptop I have my Microsoft Account and in there it has my other devices, namely my desktop which I got after my laptop. For some reason my desktop will not open new programs anymore without asking for a password. I have my password for my microsoft account, but that...
  8. Removing an user account password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Removing an user account password: My sister puts an user password on my laptop, will refreshing windows remove it?or something else? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/removing-an-user-account-password/7b50cd8e-3359-4ecf-9ad1-456422851c67
  9. Child's Family User Account Password

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Child's Family User Account Password: Hi. I just created a family user account on my computer for my kids. I created an email to do so, but never created a password for the account. I did not want my kids to have to have to enter a password in order to sign in to the computer. The family user account is active on...
  10. User Account Password Reset

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    User Account Password Reset: I forgot my user account password on my laptop (I am the admin), and was just wondering how I can reset it or log in to change it using a free method and without resetting windows....