Windows 10: User Account Permission for EVERYTHING (tried everything)

Discus and support User Account Permission for EVERYTHING (tried everything) in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I've tried (nearly) every solution but nothing really worked... So decided to reinstall my system since it's a new laptop But I'm wondering what I did... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/boi_social, Jan 22, 2021.

1. User Account Permission for EVERYTHING (tried everything)

I've tried (nearly) every solution but nothing really worked... So decided to reinstall my system since it's a new laptop But I'm wondering what I did wrong in the first place and how I can circumvent this issue from happening again?

PS: I'm not really technically inclined so I'm sorry if I'm somewhat noobish...

submitted by /u/boi_social
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/boi_social, Jan 22, 2021
  2. redabbs1 Win User

User Accounts / Permissions Issue

My PC shows only two user accounts, both designated as "Local Account, Administrator, Password Protected". One account (this is my "personal" account) has my name as user. The other account's user name is "Administrator". Neither account has full elevated permissions, which prevents me from managing many things I would like to control.

I understand that an Administrator account with full permissions must be used in order to change a user from "Standard" to "Administrator".

Regardless of how much research I have done and how many instructionsI have found on the Internet, nothing I have tried has worked to locate or create an Administrator with full permissions that would allow me to change my personal account to Administrator.

I am hoping that you can walk me through the steps I need to follow so that I end up with full elevated permissions on my personal account.

Thank you,

redabbs1, Jan 22, 2021
  3. scopio Win User
    File permissions for another user

Still no joy. Test User can still write to the file. *Sad
    This are the steps I have done;

1. Created file in User account
    2. Copied file to Test User account
    3. Signed into Test User account
    4. Right click file
    5. Properties > Security > Edit > Add Test User > Allow Read > Deny Write > Advanced > Change Owner to Administrators > To Remove User account had to disable inheritance which removed all accounts except Test User and Administrator
    6. Test User can still write to the file!!

User Account Permission for EVERYTHING (tried everything) [​IMG]

Still stuck. Test User still has full control of the file, he can write, modify, cut, copy, paste in fact as if the permissions had not been changed. *Confused
    Administrators permissions

scopio, Jan 22, 2021
  4. Kol12 Win User

User Account Permission for EVERYTHING (tried everything)

User account permissions need resetting.

I've converted my administrator account to a standard user account and created a new administrator account.

As a standard user I am able to access the admins user folder which I should not be able to do. There must some issues with the permissions somewhere but I'm not sure how to go about troubleshooting it.
    @fdegrove has already suggested running an acl.bat as detailed here, post #39 Is a standard user account necessary for tight security and home user? - Windows 10 Help Forums

but it has not fixed my user permissions.

Has anyone got any ideas?

Kol12, Jan 22, 2021
Thema:

User Account Permission for EVERYTHING (tried everything)

1. User Account Permission for EVERYTHING (tried everything) - Similar Threads - User Account Permission

2. Microphone not getting recognised tried everything and did everything

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microphone not getting recognised tried everything and did everything: I have a desktop computer and have a headphone USB so thats why I bought a jack micrphone GM100 reddragon the system notice that the mic is plug in but when I go to sounds there it says there are no additional devices plug in please help!...
  3. Microphone not getting recognised tried everything and did everything

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microphone not getting recognised tried everything and did everything: I have a desktop computer and have a headphone USB so thats why I bought a jack micrphone GM100 reddragon the system notice that the mic is plug in but when I go to sounds there it says there are no additional devices plug in please help!...
  4. Microphone not getting recognised tried everything and did everything

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Have tried nearly everything

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Have tried nearly everything: I have been getting this message when I try to use my AOL email, which is linked to Windows 10 Mail through IMAP: We cannot access this account: AOL. Anyone have a workable solution?...
  6. mfc110u.dll not found... Tried Everything

in Windows 10 Gaming
    mfc110u.dll not found... Tried Everything: Hello, I recently upgraded my desktop pc to an M.2 NVME ssd after my old hard drive failed. I backed up all my important files and set my pc up with the SSD as my boot drive. I installed all of my games again but one game will not boot. Everytime I've tried to boot up the...
  7. Lost User Account, Administrator, everything... please help!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Lost User Account, Administrator, everything... please help!: I received my computer by my previous employer when she closed her firm. There was only 1 user account on my computer. I must have been the admin because I never needed permission to do anything. The computer was setup by the employers IT person. I have reached out to him but...
  8. Crashing, unusable! no solution, tried everything means everything.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Crashing, unusable! no solution, tried everything means everything.: When I booted up my computer, everything seemed to work fine for the first 5 minutes. Then Firefox crashed while I was browsing the web. I waited for it to grey-out and allow me to force close, but the force close prompt never appeared. Eventually, I pressed Ctrl-Alt-Esc to...
  9. Lost Permission to almost everything in the system.

Lost Permission to almost everything in the system.: Hello, First things first, I did mess something up ... I was really getting annoyed about svchosts internet usage, so I gave myself rights to edit and move the exe, BUT ONLY the exe. I then cut it out of the system32 folder and pasted it on my desktop. I continued to use my...
  10. Bluescreen of death - Tried everything

Bluescreen of death - Tried everything: Hi, I own a laptop MSI GP62MVR 7RFX and I keep getting random BSOD either mainly 9F DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE or 133 DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION. The crash would happen randomly, at first I updated all my drivers and made sure to have lates windows NOPE still BSOD, I kept my eye...