Windows 10: User account permission

Discus and support User account permission in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I was just on with Adobe customer support for over 6 hours to troubleshoot why an Adobe Photomerge feature does not work on my machine. While they... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by RichardOpiekun, Mar 31, 2021.

1. User account permission

I was just on with Adobe customer support for over 6 hours to troubleshoot why an Adobe Photomerge feature does not work on my machine. While they made me update everything in Windows and my video driver, nothing helped. Finally, the customer service person asked if they could boot me into Safe Mode to see if the Adobe feature would work....and it did.

After checking over my system, he concluded that my account does not have full privileges and that is why my software is not working properly after Windows update. He said that privileges can change after an update. How do I check this in my system and make sure I have that set correctly.

This is a personal computer being used at home. I don't know how to check for this.

Thanks

Rick

:)

RichardOpiekun, Mar 31, 2021
  2. redabbs1 Win User

User Accounts / Permissions Issue

My PC shows only two user accounts, both designated as "Local Account, Administrator, Password Protected". One account (this is my "personal" account) has my name as user. The other account's user name is "Administrator". Neither account has full elevated permissions, which prevents me from managing many things I would like to control.

I understand that an Administrator account with full permissions must be used in order to change a user from "Standard" to "Administrator".

Regardless of how much research I have done and how many instructionsI have found on the Internet, nothing I have tried has worked to locate or create an Administrator with full permissions that would allow me to change my personal account to Administrator.

I am hoping that you can walk me through the steps I need to follow so that I end up with full elevated permissions on my personal account.

Thank you,

redabbs1, Mar 31, 2021
  3. scopio Win User
    File permissions for another user

Still no joy. Test User can still write to the file. *Sad
    This are the steps I have done;

1. Created file in User account
    2. Copied file to Test User account
    3. Signed into Test User account
    4. Right click file
    5. Properties > Security > Edit > Add Test User > Allow Read > Deny Write > Advanced > Change Owner to Administrators > To Remove User account had to disable inheritance which removed all accounts except Test User and Administrator
    6. Test User can still write to the file!!

User account permission [​IMG]

Still stuck. Test User still has full control of the file, he can write, modify, cut, copy, paste in fact as if the permissions had not been changed. *Confused
    Administrators permissions

scopio, Mar 31, 2021
  4. Kol12 Win User

User account permission

User account permissions need resetting.

I've converted my administrator account to a standard user account and created a new administrator account.

As a standard user I am able to access the admins user folder which I should not be able to do. There must some issues with the permissions somewhere but I'm not sure how to go about troubleshooting it.
    @fdegrove has already suggested running an acl.bat as detailed here, post #39 https://www.tenforums.com/antivirus...unt-necessary-tight-security-home-user-4.html

but it has not fixed my user permissions.

Has anyone got any ideas?

Kol12, Mar 31, 2021
Thema:

User account permission

1. User account permission - Similar Threads - User account permission

2. user accounts confusion and permissions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    user accounts confusion and permissions: hi. though i am quite a seasoned windows pc user, i have thus far not had experience with additional user accounts. i have recently migrated to a new pc with the help of pc mover software. what i did not realize is that i had created an extra user account and that perhaps the...
  3. user accounts confusion and permissions

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    user accounts confusion and permissions: hi. though i am quite a seasoned windows pc user, i have thus far not had experience with additional user accounts. i have recently migrated to a new pc with the help of pc mover software. what i did not realize is that i had created an extra user account and that perhaps the...
  4. USER ACCOUNT ADMIN PERMISSIONS

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    USER ACCOUNT ADMIN PERMISSIONS: HI, I HAVE BEEN HACKED BADLY AND THE HACKER HAS CHANGED USER ACCOUNT ADMIN PERMISIONS BLOCKING ME FROM HAVING ADMIN ACCESS AND EVEN MY TROUBLESHOOTER IS UNACCESSABLE NOW AS I DONT HAVE PERMISSION TO FIX ANYTHING EVEN THOUGH IM THE OWNER AND SOLE USER OF THIS LAPTOP SINCE I...
  5. User Account Permission for EVERYTHING (tried everything)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    User Account Permission for EVERYTHING (tried everything): I've tried (nearly) every solution but nothing really worked... So decided to reinstall my system since it's a new laptop But I'm wondering what I did wrong in the first place and how I can circumvent this issue from happening again? PS: I'm not really technically inclined...
  6. User Account Control Denying Permission

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    User Account Control Denying Permission: User Account Control in Windows 10 won't allow me to enter an admin user name or password. How do I correct that problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/user-account-control-denying-permission/0b1f11cf-80e1-492b-819a-31e3e7afb56d
  7. User account permissions...

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    User account permissions...: Purchased a new PC - ran the initial setup routines and set myself as (sole) user. Also set with NO password/local account... However, when I right-click-run-as-administrator an exe file or shortcut to run a programme I always recieve a pop-up asking if I want to make...
  8. Permissions issue with a User account

Permissions issue with a User account: I followed advice on a here. Everything is working well apart from I can't delete files in my Music folder! When I try to delete a file it says I need permission from DESKTOP-KH36HHO, which is the computer I'm using. Before I go to delete the folder I enter my admin pin...
  9. User Accounts / Permissions Issue

User Accounts / Permissions Issue: My PC shows only two user accounts, both designated as "Local Account, Administrator, Password Protected". One account (this is my "personal" account) has my name as user. The other account's user name is "Administrator". Neither account has full elevated permissions, which...
  10. User account permissions need resetting.

User account permissions need resetting.: I've converted my administrator account to a standard user account and created a new administrator account. As a standard user I am able to access the admins user folder which I should not be able to do. There must some issues with the permissions somewhere but I'm not...