Windows 10: User Account Picture Changing to Other User

Discus and support User Account Picture Changing to Other User in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I have three accounts on my desktop Win 10 computer. When another user logs in, the administrative account picture changes to their account picture and... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by ArlenKeller, Nov 6, 2019.

1. User Account Picture Changing to Other User

I have three accounts on my desktop Win 10 computer. When another user logs in, the administrative account picture changes to their account picture and the administrative account desktop background changes to their background. In addition, all my laptops using the same MS account change as well. Can anyone give me some help on this. It is very frustrating. I am on my last nerve with Windows!!

:)

ArlenKeller, Nov 6, 2019

2. How to change account picture of DIFFERENT user in Windows 10?

Can I also set account picture for him?

Source How to Change Your Account Picture in Windows 10

DavidPostill, Nov 6, 2019
  3. User Account

Hi Barry,

We cannot use a standard (local) account to change the account type to administrator. We can only use an existing administrator account to do this.

We suggest following these steps on how to change the account type to administrator using the existing administrator account:

• Press Windows key + X on your keyboard, then click on
      Control Panel
    • Choose User Accounts, and then select User Accounts again.
    • Under Make changes to your user account, click on Manage User Accounts. (It will show all user accounts and administrator account on the computer.)
    • Sign out and log on with any administrator account.
    • Go back to Control Panel/User Accounts.
    • Click on Manage User Accounts and then select the standard account you wish to change.
    • Select the Change Account Type option.
    • Select the Administrator option to change the account and click the
      Change Account Type button.

Get back to us if you have other concern.

Gerard Qui, Nov 6, 2019
  4. User Account Picture Changing to Other User

Unable to change account picture, error: Account picture error, Setting the account picture failed

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

As you are unable to change the profile picture on Windows 10, please do let us know how exactly you are trying to change it.

I suggest you to try the below and check if it helps to change the profile picture.

Steps:

• Log-in with administrator account.

• Go to system root drive on which
      Windows is installed currently, that is usually C: drive.

• Click on View
      in the title bar, then check the Hidden items. Now click the
      ProgramData folder.

• Navigate to Microsoft\User Account Pictures.

• In the User Accounts Pictures folder, you’ll see the default user account pictures. You’ll just need to replace these pictures with your desired picture for user account.

• Manipulate your desired image for user account picture in the same format and same size and
      replace the default ones.

• Now reboot the system and you’ll be able to get your desired image as user account picture.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue and required information, we will be happy to assist you further.

Deepika Gowda, Nov 6, 2019
Thema:

User Account Picture Changing to Other User

1. User Account Picture Changing to Other User - Similar Threads - User Account Picture

2. Account picture propagates to other local users of the home PCs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Account picture propagates to other local users of the home PCs: The same account picture keeps showing up on everyone's user account. This is a recent issue. We have several PCs in the house, and my family members each have local user accounts on all of them. We keep our data on a home server, not in the cloud, and I only have one...
  3. Account picture propagates to other local users of the home PCs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Account picture propagates to other local users of the home PCs: The same account picture keeps showing up on everyone's user account. This is a recent issue. We have several PCs in the house, and my family members each have local user accounts on all of them. We keep our data on a home server, not in the cloud, and I only have one...
  4. Account picture propagates to other local users of the home PCs

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Other User accounts NOT loading

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Other User accounts NOT loading: My NEW laptop, updated to Win11 as soon as I started it, I've created 4 "Users" on it, Only logged on with 1 user until now 6 weeks after buying it tried to log on with any of the other user accounts, and all I get is a BLACK screen after "signing in". Tried Safe...
  6. User accounts "bleed" their settings into other user accounts

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    User accounts "bleed" their settings into other user accounts: Hey there! MSI Trident 3 Windows 10 Home 1909 64-bit Long story short, we bought this computer, set it up, and added a user account for my wife and myself. The issue started with her account icon turning into my icon and now her account has my wallpaper and my color scheme...
  7. User Account Pictures

User Account Pictures: Excuse me, I have a problem after upgrading to windows 10 v2004 19041.508. I cant change my user account picture. How do I solve this ? Need help. [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/user-account-pictures/a42fae3f-c7ce-444e-95da-cee6fac71788
  8. User Account Picture

User Account Picture: Help! My User account (manage account, select picture) shows 2 pics to the right of the pic I have already selected. I have no idea where one of them came from & the other is a photo I just took, but I can't find its location on my computer. I want to delete these 'extra'...
  9. Remove User Account Picture

Remove User Account Picture: Pardon me if this is answered already. Bros i just installed Windows 10 Pro Creators Update Version 1703 Build 15063.0. I want to remove user account picture on login screen. I tried some tutorials but nothing is working for me. I don't remember how i did it in...
  10. Keyboard on other users accounts

in Windows 10 Support
    Keyboard on other users accounts: I cannot seem to change it for my other user accounts. Mine is fine but the others have @ symbol above the 2 whilst I need it near enter. The language settings are UK and override for windows display language says 'use language list'. I change it to UK and save but it never...