Windows 10: User Account Picture

Discus and support User Account Picture in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Help! My User account (manage account, select picture) shows 2 pics to the right of the pic I have already selected. I have no idea where one of them... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Heather Rendon, Jun 25, 2019.

1. User Account Picture

Help! My User account (manage account, select picture) shows 2 pics to the right of the pic I have already selected. I have no idea where one of them came from & the other is a photo I just took, but I can't find its location on my computer. I want to delete these 'extra' photos. (I'm picky) I'm so frustrated & ready to do a fresh install of Windows!

:)

Heather Rendon, Jun 25, 2019

2. How to change account picture of DIFFERENT user in Windows 10?

Can I also set account picture for him?

Source How to Change Your Account Picture in Windows 10

DavidPostill, Jun 25, 2019
  3. Isha Soni Win User
    Windows 10 User Account Picture

This can be an issue with the size of the picture, let's try this for diagnostic purpose.

Step 1: Enable hidden files and folder

• Open ThisPC icon.
    • Click on Options via Ribbon View.
    • A new window appears, choose View
      tab and then check Show hidden files, folders, and dives. Then, click on
      OK and process to showing.
    • To hide files or folder by using this method, just check
      Don’t show hidden files, folders, or drives and click OK.

Step 2: Check the picture size.

• Open the C: drive by pressing
      Windows + E
      and open the “Microsoft\User Account Pictures” under the
      Program data folder > Microsoft > User account pictures.
    • You will find the several pictures of yours that you want to keep as an account picture. Now
      resize all the pictures found there to “448 × 448” and replace with the old ones.
    Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to help you further.

Thanks & Regards,

Isha Soni, Jun 25, 2019
  4. User Account Picture

Unable to change account picture, error: Account picture error, Setting the account picture failed

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

As you are unable to change the profile picture on Windows 10, please do let us know how exactly you are trying to change it.

I suggest you to try the below and check if it helps to change the profile picture.

Steps:

• Log-in with administrator account.

• Go to system root drive on which
      Windows is installed currently, that is usually C: drive.

• Click on View
      in the title bar, then check the Hidden items. Now click the
      ProgramData folder.

• Navigate to Microsoft\User Account Pictures.

• In the User Accounts Pictures folder, you’ll see the default user account pictures. You’ll just need to replace these pictures with your desired picture for user account.

• Manipulate your desired image for user account picture in the same format and same size and
      replace the default ones.

• Now reboot the system and you’ll be able to get your desired image as user account picture.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue and required information, we will be happy to assist you further.

Deepika Gowda, Jun 25, 2019
Thema:

User Account Picture

1. User Account Picture - Similar Threads - User Account Picture

2. User Account Pictures

in Windows 10 Customization
    User Account Pictures: Excuse me, I have a problem after upgrading to windows 10 v2004 19041.508. I cant change my user account picture. How do I solve this ? Need help. [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/user-account-pictures/a42fae3f-c7ce-444e-95da-cee6fac71788
  3. Pictures and Windows/users/pictures

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Pictures and Windows/users/pictures: I file my photos in the Pictures folder, and have created subfolders. I move photos between the subfolders, change the taken date, rename them. When viewing them in the Photo App, if I select Open in Files, I'm directed to Windows/users/pictures. The files in...
  4. User Account Picture Changing to Other User

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    User Account Picture Changing to Other User: I have three accounts on my desktop Win 10 computer. When another user logs in, the administrative account picture changes to their account picture and the administrative account desktop background changes to their background. In addition, all my laptops using the same MS...
  5. Remove user account picture on lock-screen.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Remove user account picture on lock-screen.: I recently updated to Version 1903 and the usual tactics to get rid of the user account picture or default logo on the lock-screen are not working. This is what I want to remove to the left of the red arrow: [img] I used the methods successfully outlined in this thread...
  6. Windows User Account picture appearing in emails received by Outlook users

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows User Account picture appearing in emails received by Outlook users: I was visiting someone and checking an e-mail I'd sent them and noticed to my alarm that my Windows User Account picture was appearing as a small image next to my name / e-mail address. I had assumed this image along with other images on my computer was entirely private which...
  7. Remove User Account Picture Followup Question

Remove User Account Picture Followup Question: There seems to be very little activity in the Customization forum so I am posting here hoping not to get admonished : ) I tried this method outlined here last year with out any success (1703) though that was before @Ten Forward 's comments. Has anyone tried this lately...
  8. Remove User Account Picture Followup Question

in Windows 10 Support
    Remove User Account Picture Followup Question: There seems to be very little activity in the Customization forum so I am posting here hoping not to get admonished : ) I tried this method outlined here last year with out any success (1703) though that was before @Ten Forward 's comments. Has anyone tried this lately...
  9. Remove User Account Picture

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remove User Account Picture: Pardon me if this is answered already. Bros i just installed Windows 10 Pro Creators Update Version 1703 Build 15063.0. I want to remove user account picture on login screen. I tried some tutorials but nothing is working for me. I don't remember how i did it in...
  10. new user account can't see pictures

new user account can't see pictures: I created a new user account for my spouse but we aren't able to access pics that are on the computer. I can't figure it out, any help appreciated. 93154