Windows 10: User account problems, please help

Discus and support User account problems, please help in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; OK, So I have built my new computer, which I did on Monday. I set it all up with Windows 10 (Home user) and have installed Steam and I was playing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Dave5464, Apr 10, 2020.

1. Dave5464 Win User

User account problems, please help

OK, So I have built my new computer, which I did on Monday. I set it all up with Windows 10 (Home user) and have installed Steam and I was playing games. I had ironed out a few problems over the last few days and it was running like a dream! This morning, I made the (bad) decision to add a new user account for my wife, so that she could play games too.
    I created this new account, that went fine.
    Then I wanted to copy and paste some of my games shortcuts onto her desktop. They are shortcuts on MY account.
    Now, when I switch user accounts, I cannot get into my own user account. I am assigned a temporary account that has no administrative powers at all.
    I even tried to delete her account, from her account! Which (incredibly) the computer claimed it had done. But when I tried to switch users the problems was unchanged and her account was still there. I tried a restart but I was still in the same place.
    It is driving me mad. I am REALLY keen to NOT have to uninstall and reinstall Windows. It seriously feels like using a sledgehammer to crack a nut. Has anyone got any suggestions?

:)

Dave5464, Apr 10, 2020

2. Problem with user accounts.

Hi Shubham,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience you are facing. I will certainly help you with this.

I suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: Initially, I suggest you to run the Microsoft account troubleshooter.

Microsoft Account Troubleshooter

http://download.microsoft.com/downl...B-A23B-5C3A6B5974E3/microsoftaccounts.diagcab

Step 2:

Now try to switch from Microsoft account to Local account and check.

Refer to these steps to convert Microsoft account into Local User account:

• Click on Windows button, then click on
      Settings.

• Click on Accounts then click on
      Your account

• Click on Sign in with a local account instead.

• Following the Online instructions.
    Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

ThofikhAhamad, Apr 10, 2020
  3. Vesao Win User
    Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, Apr 10, 2020
  4. User account problems, please help

removing user account

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Press Windows + X keys, select Control Panel.
    • Select User accounts.
    • Select Manage other accounts.
    • Double click on the account you want to delete and select
      Delete the account.
    • Follow the instructions and check if it helps.
    Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Apr 10, 2020
Thema:

User account problems, please help

1. User account problems, please help - Similar Threads - User account problems

2. accounts problem please help me asap

in Windows 10 Gaming
    accounts problem please help me asap: i recently got disconnected on 2 of my chrome accounts randomly, i may know an application that may have did it, galaxyswapper v2what do i do does it mean it just stole my google accounts?...
  3. accounts problem please help me asap

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    accounts problem please help me asap: i recently got disconnected on 2 of my chrome accounts randomly, i may know an application that may have did it, galaxyswapper v2what do i do does it mean it just stole my google accounts?...
  4. help needed please, cannot delete a user account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    help needed please, cannot delete a user account: i have purchased a new laptop for my 10 yr old daughter. I signed in to my microsoft account and set my daughter as a family member so i can safeguard her usage.I messed around with the settings as i saw her account was shown as a local account and i wanted her to have access...
  5. help needed please, cannot delete a user account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    help needed please, cannot delete a user account: i have purchased a new laptop for my 10 yr old daughter. I signed in to my microsoft account and set my daughter as a family member so i can safeguard her usage.I messed around with the settings as i saw her account was shown as a local account and i wanted her to have access...
  6. problem with User Folder ins C: please please help

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    problem with User Folder ins C: please please help: so i want to get into to see and edit stuff in my Games and Documents folders, i open it up C: to behold it isnt there. only things are Perf Logs, Program Files, Program Files x86, Windows, and Windows.old. now....this is not what i am used to in a computer only Saved Games...
  7. problem with User Folder is C: please please help

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    problem with User Folder is C: please please help: so i want to get into to see and edit stuff in my Games and Documents folders, i open it up C: to behold it isnt there. only things are Perf Logs, Program Files, Program Files x86, Windows, and Windows.old. now....this is not what i am used to in a computer only Saved Games...
  8. Lost User Account, Administrator, everything... please help!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Lost User Account, Administrator, everything... please help!: I received my computer by my previous employer when she closed her firm. There was only 1 user account on my computer. I must have been the admin because I never needed permission to do anything. The computer was setup by the employers IT person. I have reached out to him but...
  9. User area problems, please help

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    User area problems, please help: OK, So I have built my new computer, which I did on Monday. I set it all up with Windows 10 (Home user) and have installed Steam and I was playing games. I had ironed out a few problems over the last few days and it was running like a dream! This morning, I made the (bad)...
  10. User area problems, please help

in Windows 10 Support
    User area problems, please help: I have installed Windows10 Home onto a new computer. I tried to add a new user for my wife. I set her as an adult (not admin). I added Steam, so that she could play games. I copied and pasted some shortcuts from my user area onto hers because I knew she would never be able to...