Windows 10: User account says music

Discus and support User account says music in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Ok so I noticed this the other day. My C:\User\Darren account now says C:\User\Music with the music icon in front of it. How do I get it back to say... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Darren Osier, Oct 30, 2020.

1. User account says music

Ok so I noticed this the other day. My C:\User\Darren account now says C:\User\Music with the music icon in front of it. How do I get it back to say the right thing?

If I type c:\user\darren in the address bar it goes to the right folder but this is beyond odd.

User account says music a1a63fb2-4ea7-4076-ad25-50e569c2b185?upload=true.png

:)

Darren Osier, Oct 30, 2020
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, Oct 30, 2020
  3. Zakin Win User
    Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown User account says music :(

Zakin, Oct 30, 2020
  4. Arul_D Win User

User account says music

I can't rename my user account

Hello Owen,

Welcome to the Microsoft Community.

• Are you using a Microsoft account or local account?
    If you are using local account, I suggest you to follow the below steps to change the user name.

Please follow the steps to rename the user account in Windows 10.

a. In the search box, type user accounts and click on User Accounts.

b. Click on “Change your account name”

c. If it’s prompting for password please enter and click on Yes. If you do not have password click on Yes.

d. Enter the new user name.

e. Click on change name.

If you face any more issues while working with Windows do post on Microsoft Community Forum.

Arul_D, Oct 30, 2020
Thema:

User account says music

1. User account says music - Similar Threads - User account says

2. When I login to my user account, it says that another account is signed in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When I login to my user account, it says that another account is signed in: I turn the laptop and log in to my account, when I click on accounts, it shows that the other account is signed in https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-login-to-my-user-account-it-says-that/37597e89-b43e-4961-9888-96c64f77dc6d
  3. When I login to my user account, it says that another account is signed in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When I login to my user account, it says that another account is signed in: I turn the laptop and log in to my account, when I click on accounts, it shows that the other account is signed in https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-login-to-my-user-account-it-says-that/37597e89-b43e-4961-9888-96c64f77dc6d
  4. When I login to my user account, it says that another account is signed in

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. On the first one below audio it says connected music but its meant to say music and voice...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    On the first one below audio it says connected music but its meant to say music and voice...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Zinonz [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gcp3zs/on_the_first_one_below_audio_it_says_connected/
  6. User folder is now Music folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    User folder is now Music folder: Hi there... I decided to move my default user folders (Documents, Downloads, Pictures, etc.) to a different location (my D drive) and after successfully moving several folder, I apparently made a mistake. I moved my "Music" folder to my User folder and now my personal user...
  7. My Windows User Account only launches Groove Music

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    My Windows User Account only launches Groove Music: I have two user accounts in my computer. The first one is an administrator account that i usually use and the other is a standard account i sometimes login to. I haven't logged into the standard account for few months now. Today, when i tried to login to this user account it...
  8. Names of user folders (Photos, Music...)

in Windows 10 Customization
    Names of user folders (Photos, Music...): Very odd problem: [img] If I move the location of the user folder (an example here is for Music and Pictures). Both of my folders are network drives from the NAS, and the files are located in root of the network share. So for an example, I have Music which is H:\...
  9. Adding MS Account to domain user says account '... is here already'

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Adding MS Account to domain user says account '... is here already': Have just upgraded my Surface Pro 2 with Win 10 Pro from Win 8.1. Tablet is a domain machine and the upgrade all went fine. The tablet was originally bought using my MS account and in the registry it has entries saying my MS account name (ie: my email address) is the...
  10. Lost Files, music, apps from W10 User Account

in Windows 10 Support
    Lost Files, music, apps from W10 User Account: Hello I seem to have lost all my files, music and apps in my W10 user account. I am unable to click on the start menu, the only way I can get any function from it is to right click on it. The start menu does not seem to work on any of the accounts. Have uninstalled my...