Windows 10: User Account Settings

Discus and support User Account Settings in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Question: I have created a new user account with administration rights. I want to delete this existing user account with standard rights. If I delete... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by ReynanLim22, Jul 27, 2021.

1. User Account Settings

Question: I have created a new user account with administration rights. I want to delete this existing user account with standard rights. If I delete the account, will all the install programs and files under this account also be deleted? Or what other solutions can I do to fix this issue. I also want to make my new administrator account to be the main login for windows 10. Thank you so much.

:)

ReynanLim22, Jul 27, 2021
  2. angus Win User

Settings can't be opened using the built-in administrator account

Hello,
    Unfortunately I have the same issue as Dabz from upgrading win7 to win10.
    I've tried opening settings using all the suggested methods and it will not load using my account with Administrator access nor the built-in Administrator profile. I also tried other methods not listed such as using Run. Control panel is just a stepping stone to add users in Settings.
    I'm also having explorer.exe issues, which I believe is preventing Settings from loading.
    Using cmd (Admin) I successfully created a new user profile [and granted admin access also using cmd (Admin)], however win10 will not allow this account to log on. win10 does not list this new user within control panel but it does in the start menu. win10 will not allow to log in or switch to the new account via the start menu either.
    I can access settings in Safe Mode but this will not allow me to create a new account.
    Any help/suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
    Cheers

angus, Jul 27, 2021
  3. User Account Settings

Hello,

To better help you with your concern, kindly provide us the following:

• Screenshot of the User Account Settings that you are trying to access.
    • Steps that you have done with the registry.
    Looking forward to your response.

Jamille Nar, Jul 27, 2021
  4. Vesao Win User

User Account Settings

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, Jul 27, 2021
Thema:

User Account Settings

1. User Account Settings - Similar Threads - User Account Settings

2. User Account Control Settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    User Account Control Settings: I am unable to change my user account control settings back to administrator. How can I get back in the settings to change it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/user-account-control-settings/eb1b86cd-121d-415b-8195-a756286bd930
  3. User Account Control Settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    User Account Control Settings: I got a firewall notification that a new update is available. When I select accept and update now, I am asked whether I want to allow this app to make changes and it is asking for a PIN which must be a 4-digit number because when I try different things, only numbers are...
  4. User Account Control Settings

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    User Account Control Settings: I got a firewall notification that a new update is available. When I select accept and update now, I am asked whether I want to allow this app to make changes and it is asking for a PIN which must be a 4-digit number because when I try different things, only numbers are...
  5. User Account Settings

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    User Account Settings: Why can't I change User Account Settings now when I previously could? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/user-account-settings/81a7dba3-9eb4-41ad-bd80-73ba84674f43
  6. User accounts "bleed" their settings into other user accounts

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    User accounts "bleed" their settings into other user accounts: Hey there! MSI Trident 3 Windows 10 Home 1909 64-bit Long story short, we bought this computer, set it up, and added a user account for my wife and myself. The issue started with her account icon turning into my icon and now her account has my wallpaper and my color scheme...
  7. User Accounts and settings

User Accounts and settings: I somehow created a local account and user accountLogged on using microsoft account both are admin account. I want the user account as the admin only account and remove the local account but I couldn't remove the local account. If removing isn't possible I want to merge the...
  8. User account settings

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    User account settings: My administrative user account automatically changed to local user administrator. My keyboard connections got short, and a technician disabled it keyboard. Now I am passing time on touch keyboard. After disabling keyboard, I'm facing this issue of local account. I don't...
  9. Setting up User Accounts

Setting up User Accounts: Hi, I'm a new refugee from Windows 7, with not much computer knowledge. On W7 I had one admin account and one user account, so that I could use the latter for daily use and just go admin for downloads and backups. I'd like to do the same with W10, but this new system with...
  10. User account control settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    User account control settings: I get a message every time I open Chrome. The message asks if I allow it to make changes to my computer. If I check no, it doesn't open. I try changing the notification settings but it always revert back to high security. Am I getting the message because Chrome is not in the...