Windows 10: User Account Status

Discus and support User Account Status in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I Changed My User Status To Device Owner And Now I Am Unable To Access Through The Other User And I Have Also Lost Some Of My Files... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Amit Jomon, Jun 10, 2020.

1. User Account Status

I Changed My User Status To Device Owner And Now I Am Unable To Access Through The Other User And I Have Also Lost Some Of My Files

:)

Amit Jomon, Jun 10, 2020
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, Jun 10, 2020
  3. Windows 10 can't load the user profile for a new user account

Hi Judy

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. .

I would suggest you to follow the method give below and check.

Method 1: I suggest you enter into safe mode and enable built-in administrator and check with the status of User profile service.

Step 1: Start computer in safe
    mode.

• Type Settings in the search box on the desktop, select
      Settings.

• Here select Change pc settings and then
      General.

• Scroll down to Advanced startup, click
      Restart now.

• Click on Troubleshoot, Advanced options, and Startup Settings.

• Click Restart, select Safe mode and then press
      Enter.

Step 2: Enable Built-in administrator.

• Press Windows + X key together on your desktop screen.

• Click on Command Prompt (admin) to open
        Command Prompt.

• Type the following command and hit Enter:

• net user administrator /active: yes
      (Check for the spaces)
    d. Now log off from the current user and try to login to the administrator account that is enabled.

Note: Please follow the same steps and type net user administrator /active: no to disable admin account after the troubleshooting is done.

Method 2: Try to create a new user account (Microsoft account) and check if you are able to access the content from your computer

Create a user account

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/create-user-account#create-user-account=windows-10

Note: Create a Microsoft account

Method 3: Check the status of User profile services.

Steps:

• Press Windows + R to open Run command, type
      Services.msc and press Enter.
    • Search for User Profile Service, right click on it and
      start the service.
    • Also, set the Startup type to
      Automatic
    • Now check if you are able to log-in.

Hope this information is helpful. Kindly update the status of the issue, we will be happy to help you.

Ashish Sondhi, Jun 10, 2020
  4. Arul_D Win User

User Account Status

How do you change a user account to an administrator account in Windows 10?

Hi Fiona,

Welcome to the Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to go to control panel and check your user account status. Right click on the start button and select control panel in the menu. In the control panel, click on the 'view by' option in the top right and select 'large icons'. Now, click
    on 'User accounts' and check if your account is listed as Administrator. If it is not displayed as Admin account, click on the option 'Change user account type' and select 'Administrator' and apply changes. Try these steps and let us know the results. If you
    have already tried, please let us know what all troubleshooting steps you have tried so far, so that we can provided you suggestion accordingly.

Arul_D, Jun 10, 2020
Thema:

User Account Status

1. User Account Status - Similar Threads - User Account Status

2. User Accounts

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    User Accounts: Yesterday I found that my PC was taking longer to restart than normal and I noticed at the bottom left of my screen that there were now 2 user accounts - My normal one and a new Administrator account that was never there before.I am the only one that uses my PC and I have...
  3. User Account

in Windows 10 Customization
    User Account: Ok, so I know this problem is going to cause some laughter and witty retorts. My small dog sat on the laptop keyboard and has somehow managed to alter the settings tweaked them with her cheeks? I am unable to access my user account on the computer although it mostly seems to...
  4. Account status change all of a sudden

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Account status change all of a sudden: Is there any way to change it without creating additional microsoft account just to change it? I don't even know how is it possible that my account which previously was an Adult one was changed to a Child one. I don't have a family group and I didn't change anything in...
  5. Windows 10 : User account status degraded ?

Windows 10 : User account status degraded ?: What does it mean when the user account status is "degraded"? This is happened with My default User Account. I tried the following methods to re-enable user account status : $ net user darty /active:yes log: La commande s’est terminée correctement. Sames this command...
  6. BitLocker status "ON" but Account Shows Status "OFF"

BitLocker status "ON" but Account Shows Status "OFF": Hi All, I am making a set of small assumptions around BitLocker here. So feel free to point and laugh if I have got it all wrong. I recently turned BitLocker on for all my drives and selected my Microsoft account as my recovery key location. My BitLocker manager within...
  7. User Account

User Account: How can I Change my Account to local https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/user-account/d26004c5-c824-4625-a699-83804a6d85d0
  8. restoring an account to administrator status

restoring an account to administrator status: I was constantly getting messages saying that I could not save letters etc in documents as I needed administrator approval despite my account being an administrator account. How can I restore to be an administrator....
  9. user profile status set to backup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    user profile status set to backup: how to I repair my user account. every time I log on windows preps it as if it is new account,. lost power when shut down after installing software , wouldn't boot afterwards, used windows 10 repair disk and now boots but cant sign on , I had a standard account just in case...
  10. From a Microsoft account with administrator righs list "local users" names and status?...

in Windows 10 Customization
    From a Microsoft account with administrator righs list "local users" names and status?...: I'm often called to help residents of a "Continuing Care Retirement Community" with computer problems. Quite often residents have Windows installed and updated by their children or by themselves in ways that they no longer fully understand or remember. I admit to being...