Windows 10: User account takes a long time to load.

Discus and support User account takes a long time to load. in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I have a Lenovo desktop running windows 10. When starting the computer it only takes about thirty seconds to load to the log in screen. But after I... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Vinuji Jones, Jan 29, 2021.

1. User account takes a long time to load.

I have a Lenovo desktop running windows 10. When starting the computer it only takes about thirty seconds to load to the log in screen. But after I enter my password it takes about twenty to thirty minutes to to load my user account. Yesterday it took only two minutes. The day before only one minute. I had this same problem earlier. I had to make a new user account then. Please help me in this.

Thank you in advance.

:)

Vinuji Jones, Jan 29, 2021
  2. DanielYX Win User

Long Loading Time for Lock Screen

Hello Pawan, thank you for the reply!

I've tried all of the steps that you've given me. Unfortunately, none of them made a difference except for the clean boot step. It didn't completely solve the problem, however I did notice a
    slightly faster load time for the lock screen. However, it still takes an unusually long time to load it. Any other suggestions?

Thanks in advance,

Daniel

DanielYX, Jan 29, 2021
  3. Forum users with Hotmail/Outlook/Exchange account

The two-step verification emails show up in my inbox but I added a rule to mark the domain name safe a long time ago (verified that "techpowerup.com" is still in the safe sender list).

FordGT90Concept, Jan 29, 2021
  4. Vesao Win User

User account takes a long time to load.

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, Jan 29, 2021
Thema:

User account takes a long time to load.

1. User account takes a long time to load. - Similar Threads - User account takes

2. Applications taking long time to load in Win 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Applications taking long time to load in Win 11: Hi, I have recently upgraded to Win 11 from 10, and I have noticed that most of the applications take a long time to load. For example, if I open a video file with VLC player, it takes at least 30 seconds for it to open if there are no other instances of the player open. The...
  3. Loading of documents in windows explorer takes long time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Loading of documents in windows explorer takes long time: Recently, my windows explorer is really slow whereby a green loading bar is visible for a long time. I tried multiple options such as: - a refresh via the task manager - rebuilding index - clear explorer history +launching folder windows in a separate process - uncheck "Allow...
  4. Loading of documents in windows explorer takes long time

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Loading of documents in windows explorer takes long time: Recently, my windows explorer is really slow whereby a green loading bar is visible for a long time. I tried multiple options such as: - a refresh via the task manager - rebuilding index - clear explorer history +launching folder windows in a separate process - uncheck "Allow...
  5. Windows 11 taking long time load

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 taking long time load: I have a windows 11 laptop with 16 RAM & 512 GB storage , yet having a good processor it takes 30 secs to load the OS . its not fast enough as it claimed by Dell. Even the restart also takes 30 secs to load the OS properly. I need technical help....
  6. Windows 11 taking long time load

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 taking long time load: I have a windows 11 laptop with 16 RAM & 512 GB storage , yet having a good processor it takes 30 secs to load the OS . its not fast enough as it claimed by Dell. Even the restart also takes 30 secs to load the OS properly. I need technical help....
  7. Snippet tool takes a long time to load.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Snippet tool takes a long time to load.: I've got a powerful machine, 32GB RAM, dedicated 8GB graphics card. My computer runs fine, except whenever I load the snippet tool it takes minutes to load. No other application does this. Photoshop loads almost instantly and is a much bigger app. I don't understand what's...
  8. On-screen keyboard takes long time to load

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    On-screen keyboard takes long time to load: My on-screen keyboard takes a good 5-10 seconds to load. I tried to restore Windows 10 back to factory defaults reset this PC yesterday but it seems to be doing it still. I was always working fine before a couple weeks ago where it instantly use to pop up after clicking on...
  9. Account takes a long time to load

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Account takes a long time to load: When I turned on my PC it takes only about ten seconds to start and show the log in screen, but after I typed my password, it takes about one to two minutes to load my account which it used to do in ten seconds few days back. However I installed some programs earlier, but...
  10. Browers Taking a long time to load

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Browers Taking a long time to load: I am needing a little help with a Windows 10 Dell laptop. It's a couple of year old machine, with a fresh wipe and install of Windows 10. The computer got hacked, and we had to start fresh. Everything seems to be working fine, except for internet browsing. When you try to...