Windows 10: user account tied with school account screw up

Discus and support user account tied with school account screw up in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Ok I didn't realize this at the time but I started school last year at a local community college and I'm an IT major. I've been out of computers for a... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Frank870, Nov 19, 2018.

1. Frank870 Win User

user account tied with school account screw up

Ok I didn't realize this at the time but I started school last year at a local community college and I'm an IT major. I've been out of computers for a long time and starting this I purchased a laptop got a copy of windows 10 education from the school and installed it on my new machine. At the time I thought because it was windows 10 education I needed to create my account using my school credentials. Recently I needed to start my machine in safe mode and when doing so I needed to sign in using a password instead of my pin. I know my school password and I quickly found out that it wouldn't work. I ended up making another profile and made it an admin and finished what I needed to do to the pc. I then went into sign in options under my main profile and checked to see if I could change the password. It brought up a page from my school saying that the password couldn't be changed here and basically I had to do it through my school website. I logged out of my school account and logged back in to verify the password I was using was correct and It was. For the heck of it I went and tried to add a Microsoft account to my profile (I already had this one on it) and I tried typing in my school email and it bounced me out saying I cant use a school email. So even though I added a microsoft account which is through my Gmail I cannot use that to log in because it recognizes my school email as the account which doesn't work. This all sounds really confusing and I don't know how to better explain it but I need to try to change what windows thinks my microsoft account is. I'd rather not start another profile as I have lots of software and files created from a years worth of school work and what not. Please ask me questions so I can clarify this better like I said I'm not sure how to better explain it.

Thanks in advance,

Rob

:)

Frank870, Nov 19, 2018
  2. Zakin Win User

Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown user account tied with school account screw up :(

Zakin, Nov 19, 2018
  3. Vesao Win User
    Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

Vesao, Nov 19, 2018
  4. zyxwz Win User

User Account got screwed up...

So I got curious on how to set up privileges on Windows 10 to my current account and I followed the steps,
    I really don't know what's gonna happen so I just started to do so, at cmd net user active:yes and created a Guest account. I switched it to guest account and while the system is preparing up to the newly switched Guest account, it got too long, So I forced it shut down.. after turning it ON again and went to settings and cmd, this is what I received.

I'm just new here, so if ever you'll find some discrepancies on my thread, please inform me.. thanks for your help.

user account tied with school account screw up [​IMG]

user account tied with school account screw up [​IMG]

zyxwz, Nov 19, 2018
Thema:

1. user account tied with school account screw up - Similar Threads - user account tied

2. Last Cumulative Update Screwed Up My User Account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Last Cumulative Update Screwed Up My User Account: My PC did a Windows 11 Cumulative Update overnight and created a temp user account. I can see the user account and my files in Explorer at C:\Users\erizz but I cannot log out of the TEMP account. There are no options to change accounts in Windows....
  3. Last Cumulative Update Screwed Up My User Account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Last Cumulative Update Screwed Up My User Account: My PC did a Windows 11 Cumulative Update overnight and created a temp user account. I can see the user account and my files in Explorer at C:\Users\erizz but I cannot log out of the TEMP account. There are no options to change accounts in Windows....
  4. Microsoft Business/School account removal with no account on the User Accounts but wont...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Business/School account removal with no account on the User Accounts but wont...: Yep well you do wonder when it just takes forever if its worth doing but your ocd wants the laptop clean soooo.... As per the subject there is only the one account on my machine but in the settings under Accounts there are two. The first is the one that I am using and am...
  5. Microsoft Business/School account removal with no account on the User Accounts but wont...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Business/School account removal with no account on the User Accounts but wont...: Yep well you do wonder when it just takes forever if its worth doing but your ocd wants the laptop clean soooo.... As per the subject there is only the one account on my machine but in the settings under Accounts there are two. The first is the one that I am using and am...
  6. School Account

in Windows 10 Customization
    School Account: Hi,Last year my school gave me a hp laptop during lockdown for online learning since im broke,they said it would unlock.I've since graduated and started college which I still need the laptop for however I cant log into my personal account, Ive tried all the tricks on youtube...
  7. Account sign in screwed up

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Account sign in screwed up: So, I got a new computer and now File Explorer doesn't show my Onedrive files. Just local files. So I tried to fix it, following directions on a forum, and I signed into a temporary local account, booted, then tried to sign in again to my Microsoft account. Now I can't sign...
  8. Microsoft account tied to built-in admin account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft account tied to built-in admin account: I seem to be in quite a pickle here, I upgraded my laptop, a few years ago from windows 7 to 10, recently my boss asked me to pass on my work to others, but there's a problem, My personal Microsoft account, somehow got linked to the built-in administrator account, the laptop...
  9. Undo Administrator Account tied to a Microsoft Account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Undo Administrator Account tied to a Microsoft Account: So long story short is I was logged into a local account. I've seen other posts about using the built in admin account but nothing that said anything about not the built in administrator's account but an account that was local and in the administrators group. So anyway I...
  10. User Account got screwed up...

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    User Account got screwed up...: So I got curious on how to set up privileges on Windows 10 to my current account and I followed the steps, I really don't know what's gonna happen so I just started to do so, at cmd net user active:yes and created a Guest account. I switched it to guest account and while the...