Windows 10: User account Windows 10 password always wrong?

Discus and support User account Windows 10 password always wrong? in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Good evening, I bought a new notebook and set it up today. Right from the start it required entering the password of my Microsoft account on restart.... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by redundant, Jul 9, 2020.

1. redundant Win User

User account Windows 10 password always wrong?

Good evening,

I bought a new notebook and set it up today. Right from the start it required entering the password of my Microsoft account on restart. But since I don't prefer to secure my password, I looked online for instructions and followed them: Wie kann ich meinen PC starten ohne jedesmal das Kennwort einzugeben? Ich nutze den PC alleine. Menu%C3%BC%20Startup Screen%20%C3%B6Open%20and,On%20OK%20dr%C3%BCcken.

However, I now have two (!) accounts with the same name on restart, and I can't get into one of them, so the only password I entered into this notebook today is "wrong". I have to select the other account on the left and log in again with the password (but I can get in).

How do I get rid of this second account that I can't even get into?

TIA

:)

redundant, Jul 9, 2020
  2. Zakin Win User

Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown User account Windows 10 password always wrong? :(

Zakin, Jul 9, 2020
  3. 95Viper Win User
    95Viper, Jul 9, 2020
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Jul 9, 2020
Thema:

1. User account Windows 10 password always wrong? - Similar Threads - User account password

2. Recovery Environment password is always wrong

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Recovery Environment password is always wrong: I am locked out of Windows CRITICAL PROCESS DIED and I want to reset Windows 10 and keep my files, but I cant access safe mode. All I can access is the RE, but it asks me for a password to do anything except startup settings which dont work, all of them take me to the "your...
  3. Recovery Environment password is always wrong

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recovery Environment password is always wrong: I am locked out of Windows CRITICAL PROCESS DIED and I want to reset Windows 10 and keep my files, but I cant access safe mode. All I can access is the RE, but it asks me for a password to do anything except startup settings which dont work, all of them take me to the "your...
  4. Recovery Environment password is always wrong

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows switch user and Password wrong

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows switch user and Password wrong: Hello helper, Few minutes ago I created new user profile for my laptop and restarted to login into that user account while creating that account my wifi was disabled, when i am in login screen it showing the user profile service failed the sign in and user profile cannot be...
  6. Windows 10 is always showing the wrong account on the login screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 10 is always showing the wrong account on the login screen: I've had this Windows 10 PC for over 5 years. Windows is fully up-to-date. I login to it, with my Microsoft account, just about every day for work and play. My girlfriend also has an account on this PC. I think she's probably logged onto it a total of two times in those 5...
  7. Windows 10 always uses the wrong Microsoft Account for me.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 always uses the wrong Microsoft Account for me.: Windows 10 always uses the wrong Microsoft Account for me. It is associated with an old unused email address. How do I get Windows to use the correct one?...
  8. Password is always wrong first time

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Password is always wrong first time: Every time I boot up my Windows 10 partition, and enter my password, it always says incorrect. This is no exaggeration, EVERY TIME on the first attempt. I even test it, trying to be very very careful, making sure I put in the exact correct password slowly, I'm totally sure I...
  9. The password is always wrong when start Windows 10

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    The password is always wrong when start Windows 10: [ATTACH] when I enter the password, it is always wrong, even though the password I entered is correct, I have entered account.live.com/password/reset and amended the new password, but still can't login, please help I am not fluent in English, so apologize if there is a...
  10. Windows 10 user account password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 user account password: I seem to have set up my Windows 10 PC with a different password from that of my Microsoft account. My children recently discovered the user account that I use, this is the administrator on the PC so I wanted to change it. When I did this I was asked for the old password but...