Windows 10: User account with 'sterile environment'

Discus and support User account with 'sterile environment' in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi all! Is it possible to set up a second user account which directly loads into a specific application instead of the windows desktop? I'm trying to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/precision1998, Jan 23, 2020.

1. User account with 'sterile environment'

Hi all!

Is it possible to set up a second user account which directly loads into a specific application instead of the windows desktop?

I'm trying to create a clean environment for a certain gam that is very cpu intensive, in order to minimize any background processes that use up cpu time.

I assume I would need to edit some registry entries, to remove explorer.exe and dwm.exe (if that still exists in win10 even).

I hope somebody can help me. Thanks!

submitted by /u/precision1998
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/precision1998, Jan 23, 2020
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

Vesao, Jan 23, 2020
  3. Lost User Account

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query at Microsoft community.

If you have the Windows 10 installation DVD, I would suggest you to enable the default administrator and then try creating a new user account with administrative privileges.

Boot the computer into Safe mode then, open Command Prompt and enable Built in Administrator.

Follow the below steps to enable Built in Administrator:

• Open Command Prompt from Windows Recovery Environment.
    • Copy and paste the below command and press Enter.
    net user administrator /active:yes

3. Close the Command Prompt.

4. Try to login though Built in Administrator and create a new user account with Administrator rights.

To start the computer in safe mode. Type Settings in the search tab> under Recovery> Advanced Options>Restart Now>Troubleshoot>Advanced Options>Startup Settings>Restart>select 4

After that you may follow the steps to transfer the data as suggested in the previous post. Please do not forget to disable the default account once you are done troubleshooting. Just follow the same stepsnet user
    administrator /active:no

Please let us know if it helps or if you need further assistance. We will be glad to help.

Rohit Chettri, Jan 23, 2020
  4. User account with 'sterile environment'

Windows 10 user account

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

To assist you better I would like to know whether you tried creating a Microsoft Account or administrator account

before trying the steps that you have mentioned in the post and did you try creating an account after signing as built in administrator?

I suggest you to try the steps give below and check if it helps.

To start Windows 10 in safe mode with command prompt:

Step 1:

• Press Windows + I keys on the keyboard to open Settings menu.

• Select Update &
      security
      and click on Recovery.

• Go to Advanced startup and select
      Restart now.

• After your PC restarts to the Choose an option screen, select
      Troubleshoot > Advanced options
      > Startup Settings >Restart.

• After your PC restarts, select a startup setting as Safe Mode with command prompt by pressing the corresponding number.

Step 2.Follow the below steps to enable Built in Administrator:

• Open Command Prompt from
      Windows Recovery Environment

• Copy and paste the below command and press Enter.
    net user administrator /active:yes

• Close the Command Prompt.

• Try to login though Built in Administrator.

• You may create new user account also and assign the administrative privileges to the account through in built administrator account.

• Follow the below article to create new user account.
    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-my/windows-10/create-a-local-user-account-in-windows-10

After creating new user account, try to sign in to the new user account and check if the issue persist.

Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Jan 23, 2020
Thema:

User account with 'sterile environment'

1. User account with 'sterile environment' - Similar Threads - User account 'sterile

2. Environment Variables, User variables for System Admin

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Environment Variables, User variables for System Admin: I was looking at the 'User variables for System Admin' one day and saw my name spelled '*****'. I didn't care for that name and without thinking changed the name. Now all my music, photos & docs are gone. How can I undo that already tried 'System Restore'?...
  3. Environment Variables, User variables for System Admin

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Environment Variables, User variables for System Admin: I was looking at the 'User variables for System Admin' one day and saw my name spelled '*****'. I didn't care for that name and without thinking changed the name. Now all my music, photos & docs are gone. How can I undo that already tried 'System Restore'?...
  4. Environment Variables, User variables for System Admin

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Management of User Accounts in a Large Home Environment

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Management of User Accounts in a Large Home Environment: Hello We have a home with many workstations. More than 10. It makes it very hard to go between each one and set the settings to the same, map network drives, install apps, uninstall junkware. Currently we have a Synology Nas running network shares. Currently all pcs are...
  6. User Environment Variable

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    User Environment Variable: Created an User Environment variable in Environment variable page in UI. It is seen in both UI and command prompt(Using set command). After restart it is not seen in command prompt when set command is used. Please help....
  7. Two users, two different environments on a laptop

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Two users, two different environments on a laptop: Likely a newbie question... I don't have a laptop so I can't check right now. Windows 10 x64 Pro two users. Is it possible to have two environments / desktops (maybe something like admin and guest?) on a laptop? which desktop showing up depending on the login credentials?...
  8. Edit User and System Environment Variables in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Edit User and System Environment Variables in Windows: How to: Edit User and System Environment Variables in Windows How to Edit User and System Environment Variables in Windows Environment variables are a set of dynamic named values that can affect the way running processes will behave on a computer. The variables can be...
  9. Delete User and System Environment Variables in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Delete User and System Environment Variables in Windows: How to: Delete User and System Environment Variables in Windows How to Delete User and System Environment Variables in Windows Environment variables are a set of dynamic named values that can affect the way running processes will behave on a computer. The variables can...
  10. How do I change environment variables in regular User account???

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I change environment variables in regular User account???: (The number of primitive bugs in version 1511 is just imagination-defying.) Open Control Panel. Open User Accounts applet. On the left there's a link that says Change my environment variables. [img] Clicking on that link... does nothing (!!!). The link is simply...