Windows 10: User Account with username "user"

Discus and support User Account with username "user" in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I need to create user with username "user" but Windows 10 won't let me. I delete user folder in users folder and open: Settings->Accounts->Family... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Srele, Aug 6, 2015.

1. Srele Win User

User Account with username "user"

I need to create user with username "user" but Windows 10 won't let me.

I delete user folder in users folder and open:
    Settings->Accounts->Family & other users->Add someone else to this PC->(click on link)The person I want to add doesn't habe an email address->(click on link)->Add a user without a Microsoft account
    And then I enter user name "user" and password and it saves it without problem. But I can't login like that user, I can't even see that user anywhere. Then I repeat all above procedure but then I got an error that I must type in other user name then "user".

:)

Srele, Aug 6, 2015
  2. Lyndeelu Win User

My only user account (an admin account) does not have permissions to do anything - help!

I have this same issue and I note that in the user accounts, my username is not shown.. .it simply shows up as "c:\users\user". Searching for my account name to change ownership of folders etc. does not find my username. However, if I enter 'user', when
    I check the name it shows up as '<computername>\user'. Accepting that value, then changes the 'owner' to <myemail address> per my Microsoft account. Seems to me that this may be part of the problem. An identity crisis ?

Lyndeelu, Aug 6, 2015
  3. formerkid Win User
    Deleting additonal user account

Why is the extra user's name necessary? Dell Inspiron 5500 series laptop.

formerkid, Aug 6, 2015
Thema:

User Account with username "user"

1. User Account with username "user" - Similar Threads - User Account username

2. Changed username but "C:\Users\UserName" is not reflecting change

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changed username but "C:\Users\UserName" is not reflecting change: Hello all,I am having an issue where my username is causing errors in other software. The reason is because my username has a space in it, and certain engineering software I use cannot reach files in that folder or any subfolders.To remedy this I changed my username by...
  3. Changed username but "C:\Users\UserName" is not reflecting change

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Changed username but "C:\Users\UserName" is not reflecting change: Hello all,I am having an issue where my username is causing errors in other software. The reason is because my username has a space in it, and certain engineering software I use cannot reach files in that folder or any subfolders.To remedy this I changed my username by...
  4. Username in the Users Folder

Username in the Users Folder: Hi,I recently deleted my account from my laptop and logged in again using the Family section in Family and Other Users page in settings I removed it by running the netplwiz command. Now when I login, there is a new folder and it is not the same username as before the previous...
  5. Move Documents off of c:\users\username onto f:\user\username

Move Documents off of c:\users\username onto f:\user\username: I want all of the files in c:\users\username moved to f:\users\username but make them referenced by the Microsoft "aliases". So for instance, the Microsoft alias "Documents" would actually exist in f:\users\username instead of c:\users\username documents, etc. I can easily...
  6. user account requiring username and password now

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    user account requiring username and password now: Curious. For many months when I turn on my laptop I have entered a four-digit PIN. Recently I did something and now my computer starts by asking me to enter a username and password. If I hit "OK" then I see to the lower left the names of two user accounts (they are...
  7. Changing C:\Users\USERNAME

in Windows 10 Customization
    Changing C:\Users\USERNAME: When setting up a computer, you are initially prompted to create a username. Once this name is created, how can it be changed? To be clear, you can change your personal account name (found under Settings>Account>Your Info), but this does not change C:\Users\USERNAME (or...
  8. Equivalent of "c:\Users\username"

Equivalent of "c:\Users\username": I know that "C\Users\username" has an equivalent form which looks like "%something%." What goes between the percent signs? Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/equivalent-of-cusersusername/772b8b4a-dade-4a99-b7e5-3d69fe7f88b6"
  9. Rename Users\Username?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Rename Users\Username?: When I installed Win10 Home and was prompted for a name at one point I got as far as 'conni' and before I could type the 'e' the word was accepted. This is not the name that shows up on the Network for the machine-which is correct as to what I changed in System. This is...
  10. DIY change username in drive tree for user account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    DIY change username in drive tree for user account: Ok... original user account in fresh copy of win 10 was 'moneytogopawnshop' , where I bought laptop Apparently they used this to be able to display the win 10 OS ..and had their own screen saver.... I figured out how to change the user account name in CP , then proceeded...