Windows 10: User Account with username "user"

Discus and support User Account with username "user" in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I need to create user with username "user" but Windows 10 won't let me. I delete user folder in users folder and open: Settings->Accounts->Family... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Srele, Aug 6, 2015.

1. Srele Win User

User Account with username "user"

I need to create user with username "user" but Windows 10 won't let me.

I delete user folder in users folder and open:
    Settings->Accounts->Family & other users->Add someone else to this PC->(click on link)The person I want to add doesn't habe an email address->(click on link)->Add a user without a Microsoft account
    And then I enter user name "user" and password and it saves it without problem. But I can't login like that user, I can't even see that user anywhere. Then I repeat all above procedure but then I got an error that I must type in other user name then "user".

:)

Srele, Aug 6, 2015
  2. Lyndeelu Win User

My only user account (an admin account) does not have permissions to do anything - help!

I have this same issue and I note that in the user accounts, my username is not shown.. .it simply shows up as "c:\users\user". Searching for my account name to change ownership of folders etc. does not find my username. However, if I enter 'user', when
    I check the name it shows up as '<computername>\user'. Accepting that value, then changes the 'owner' to <myemail address> per my Microsoft account. Seems to me that this may be part of the problem. An identity crisis ?

Lyndeelu, Aug 6, 2015
  3. formerkid Win User
    Deleting additonal user account

Why is the extra user's name necessary? Dell Inspiron 5500 series laptop.

formerkid, Aug 6, 2015
Thema:

User Account with username "user"

1. User Account with username "user" - Similar Threads - User Account username

2. User account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    User account: I created a new account for a family member. When logging in with her windows accout. Error message says "You must be obline the first time to complete your account setup" https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/user-account/c66e71a9-1f84-466a-911f-daba87abf78a"
  3. Equivalent of "c:\Users\username"

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Equivalent of "c:\Users\username": I know that "C\Users\username" has an equivalent form which looks like "%something%." What goes between the percent signs? Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/equivalent-of-cusersusername/772b8b4a-dade-4a99-b7e5-3d69fe7f88b6"
  4. user account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    user account: i can't able to change my account to administrator after changing to standard https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/user-account/21d34afe-a588-40d7-a530-b3f1bed00abc"
  5. User Accounts

User Accounts: I have a problem with sign in/user accounts. The sign in screen shows incorrect password. Then two accounts show in the left hand of the screen with two accounts with the same name. If I move to select the un-hilighted one it asks for a pin and then I can get into the...
  6. user account

user account: I set Windows to automatically sign in to a user account at startup and change the computer name afterwards i saw a Other user at sign in that fails to sign in, and must manually select account and sign in instead. what should I do to remove that 69255
  7. Rename Users\Username?

Rename Users\Username?: When I installed Win10 Home and was prompted for a name at one point I got as far as 'conni' and before I could type the 'e' the word was accepted. This is not the name that shows up on the Network for the machine-which is correct as to what I changed in System. This is...
  8. User accounts and users are different

User accounts and users are different: Hi I have two accounts on my laptop: Bryan as admin and James as my local account which I use for my daily workings. All my work is save to a different partition on the hard drive. I now notice that if I go to C:\users, I have my admin account but there are two other...
  9. DIY change username in drive tree for user account

DIY change username in drive tree for user account: Ok... original user account in fresh copy of win 10 was 'moneytogopawnshop' , where I bought laptop Apparently they used this to be able to display the win 10 OS ..and had their own screen saver.... I figured out how to change the user account name in CP , then proceeded...
  10. User accounts

User accounts: When you use the "hostname" command at the command line, does the hostname match your account name as seen in "Manage Accounts"? Because mine doesn't match. The hostname I see at the command line isn't even in the list of accounts. I'm wondering if that's why my password is...