Windows 10: User Account

Discus and support User Account in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hi, recently on my Windows 10 home I got an blue page error with fault_in_non_paged error and when it booted again I looked for the support to avoid... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by ShauryaMittal, Oct 9, 2019.

1. User Account

Hi,

recently on my Windows 10 home I got an blue page error with fault_in_non_paged error and when it booted again I looked for the support to avoid the future similar error as it was 5th time I got such an error abruptly so the support page of HP asked me to press power ley to open boot mode of system to solve the issue. However the boot did not open but my system went to repair itself and when I turned it ON it created a new administrator account on my system after a while through my new administrator account I saw an update notification and I updated my system now after completing the update when my system booted again my old user account was vanished and only New Administrator account remained. I could find my files but I want my previous account without losing any kind software licences or getting fatal errors.

I didn't knew that Windows 10 home doesn't support multiple user accounts.

Anyone who has any experience in solving this issue PLEASE I HUMBLY REQUEST YOU to help me out with this.

Regards,

:)

ShauryaMittal, Oct 9, 2019
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

Vesao, Oct 9, 2019
  3. Arul_D Win User
    I can't rename my user account

Hello Owen,

Welcome to the Microsoft Community.

• Are you using a Microsoft account or local account?
    If you are using local account, I suggest you to follow the below steps to change the user name.

Please follow the steps to rename the user account in Windows 10.

a. In the search box, type user accounts and click on User Accounts.

b. Click on “Change your account name”

c. If it’s prompting for password please enter and click on Yes. If you do not have password click on Yes.

d. Enter the new user name.

e. Click on change name.

If you face any more issues while working with Windows do post on Microsoft Community Forum.

Arul_D, Oct 9, 2019
  4. User Account

Problem with user accounts.

Hi Shubham,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience you are facing. I will certainly help you with this.

I suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: Initially, I suggest you to run the Microsoft account troubleshooter.

Microsoft Account Troubleshooter

http://download.microsoft.com/downl...B-A23B-5C3A6B5974E3/microsoftaccounts.diagcab

Step 2:

Now try to switch from Microsoft account to Local account and check.

Refer to these steps to convert Microsoft account into Local User account:

• Click on Windows button, then click on
      Settings.

• Click on Accounts then click on
      Your account

• Click on Sign in with a local account instead.

• Following the Online instructions.
    Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

ThofikhAhamad, Oct 9, 2019
Thema:

User Account

1. User Account - Similar Threads - User Account

2. Error on Startup with Phantom User Account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Error on Startup with Phantom User Account: Hi Community, I am looking for an answer to my interesting issue. Whenever I startup my desktop PC, there is a profile that the system tries to log into. It fails (as it was my fathers older computer) and he has since changed his passwords and such). We removed his...
  3. User account somehow got renamed and now it requests a password.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    User account somehow got renamed and now it requests a password.: I dis a fresh install of windows about a year ago, for which I chose to only use a local user account (my license is granted by my employer, and I don’t want my home and work accounts mixed up). Recently, the system started asking me for a password when I start the system...
  4. why cant a user account be deleted in windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    why cant a user account be deleted in windows 10: Tried all suggestions and none of the items described shows up and ideas etc so what the fudge am I doing wrong? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-cant-a-user-account-be-deleted-in-windows-10/5a5c2677-a16a-4fd8-b8c8-f997ecaf0402
  5. Add Hotmail account to my actual user?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Add Hotmail account to my actual user?: Hello, I formatted my Pc, and when I reinstalled Windows 10, I hadn't an active connection. Is it possible to add an hotmail account to my actual profile, without to create a new one, and set it as administrator? 142586
  6. Add Hotmail account to my actual user?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Add Hotmail account to my actual user?: Hello, I formatted my Pc, and when I reinstalled Windows 10, I hadn't an active connection. Is it possible to add an hotmail account to my actual profile, without to create a new one, and set it as administrator?...
  7. transferring data between user accounts

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    transferring data between user accounts: Ok so basically what has happened is my brother has been on my pc and signed into my friends microsoft account and "linked" it or something and now his microsoft account holds all my data and cookies and pretty much everything i have ever done on my pc. i uased a local...
  8. user account name removal

user account name removal: I am using a second hand HP laptop which was purchased from a second hand dealers electrical store and it constantly shows downloads going into user file with dollar dealers name. Q. how do I find where to remove their name and have my own??...
  9. Accidently changed admin account to standard account and removed 'family and other users'...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Accidently changed admin account to standard account and removed 'family and other users'...: Hi, I accidently changed my admin account to a standard account in settings. Due to this I cannot uninstall apps, access chrome, and modify other things in settings. I am very frustrated! Can someone please help me! By the way, 'family and other users' has disappeared from...
  10. Account folder under User disappeared

Account folder under User disappeared: Hi, Somehow, my user account folder (which should be Keqin Gu) under "c:user" disappeared along with all files in the document and picture folders. I had them restored from the backed up files, but they disappeared again when I log off and log on again. What can I do?...