Windows 10: User Accounts, Accidentally deleted file folder...

Discus and support User Accounts, Accidentally deleted file folder... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I hope that you can help me with this. Recently I noticed one morning on my windows 10 enterprise lock screen that I had another user account with my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Curtis L Maehl, Feb 13, 2019.

1. User Accounts, Accidentally deleted file folder...

I hope that you can help me with this.

Recently I noticed one morning on my windows 10 enterprise lock screen that I had another user account with my same on the lower left side of the screen. However I didn't create this account nor have I been able to get rid of it. Any help in removing this account would be greatly appreciated.

One other problem that I have is that I accidentally deleted my windows system "Documents" folder and I did not have folder history turned on. Is there anyway that I can retrieve this folder?

:)

Curtis L Maehl, Feb 13, 2019

2. Accidentally deleted user account - urgent need to restore WIndows 10

I accidentally deleted the user account that I was using (not admin) and now can't fix the issue.

So, I followed these instructions (sort of):

• Step 2: Choose Change your account name.
    • Step 3: Type a new name in the box and tap Change Name.
    • Step 1: Open Run by Windows+R, enter lusrmgr.msc and hit OK to open Local Users and Groups.
    • Step 2: Open the Users folder, right-click a user and select Rename in the menu.

I renamed the user. But then, stupid me, it didn't change it when I checked the start menu. So I then, instead of changing the name back, I deleted that user (which I was actually logged in as - it didn't ask for a password or anything either). It then removed
    it from the list (there was a list of 3 items to choose from - Administrator, Guest , and the account I was using. I deleted that account (Liam it was called)

I then stupidly decided to log off and restarted the computer. I then tried to login, and the user account it came up with was Liam - but obvsiouly as I'd deleted the user, when I typed in the password nothing happened). But because I deleted that user in
    the way above, it seems to have gone completely. What can I do to restore it?

I've tried system restore but it fails. So can't get back to a restore point.

It's a bit of a pickle really as it's an important user account on my work network and has folders on it that we need to function. I can't access the pc via another, as when I click 'Liam' it just can't connect, says it can't find it. I think what I've done
    has really broken the computer....

Any help will be gratefully received.

BobSturgess, Feb 13, 2019
  3. Damocles Win User
    Accidentally Deleted Some Folders

Yesterday I was cleaning my PC and I accidentally deleted two folders (named "NVIDIA" and "NVIDIA Corporation") in C:\ProgramData. To my knowledge this two folders only contain non important stuff like logs, etc. Later on I have found out my Program Settings in NV Control panel were set to default. This is no big deal, but now I'm worrying I fu***d something up. Otherwise, everything works as it should --> no overheating, BSODs, games are working normally...

I just want to know what I deleted. Were those two folders important???

Damocles, Feb 13, 2019
  4. User Accounts, Accidentally deleted file folder...

Trouble deleting a folder

Thanks for the suggestion but it says "delete folder failed for E:\....." for each folder I try.

*Confused User Accounts, Accidentally deleted file folder... :confused:

Will I be forever stuck with these unnecessary folders? *Oh Well User Accounts, Accidentally deleted file folder... :eek:hwell:

oli_ramsay, Feb 13, 2019
Thema:

User Accounts, Accidentally deleted file folder...

1. User Accounts, Accidentally deleted file folder... - Similar Threads - User Accounts Accidentally

2. Accidental deletion of "Desktop" folder in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Accidental deletion of "Desktop" folder in File Explorer: Hi all,I have seen a couple of threads on the same issue, but I opted to reach out.As a forenote, I have attempted a system recovery, but this has failed due to a 0x80070005 error, if I recall correctly.I was cleaning and deleting old files through File Explorer and...
  3. Accidental deletion of "Desktop" folder in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Accidental deletion of "Desktop" folder in File Explorer: Hi all,I have seen a couple of threads on the same issue, but I opted to reach out.As a forenote, I have attempted a system recovery, but this has failed due to a 0x80070005 error, if I recall correctly.I was cleaning and deleting old files through File Explorer and...
  4. Accidental deletion of "Desktop" folder in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. administrator user account accidentally deleted on windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    administrator user account accidentally deleted on windows 10: I accidentally deleted my Administrator user account on first time user account creation. it has deleted my C: drive and all I'm left with is an X drive. I cannot logon because it keeps asking for password and there's none. please help...
  6. Accidentally deleted the folder and all files gets deleted.

Accidentally deleted the folder and all files gets deleted.: User deleted that folder and all the files gets deleted desktop, documents & pictures bypassing windows recycle bin.Is there a way to recover the files?...
  7. Accidentally Deleted a Folder In My User File With All My Word Documents In It

Accidentally Deleted a Folder In My User File With All My Word Documents In It: Hi all, Recently I made the mistake of deleting a mislabeled folder in my User folder on my C:/ drive. Unbeknownst to me, this folder had all of my word documents and images saved within it I thought I had saved them elsewhere and had no idea they were within this folder....
  8. Accidentally Deleted User

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Accidentally Deleted User: I am using a new computer, and I am new to Windows. I accidentally deleted the user using Windows key + R, and then "control userpasswords2". I thought I had renamed my user, but now I cannot run or open any file. I went back to user account doing the same method, but there...
  9. I accidentally deleted my user folder

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    I accidentally deleted my user folder: im using win10 and i was trying to change my user folder name, and to move it in to my administrator account (no idea why i did that) , but it didnt finished the transfer of the files, and when i tried to connect to my user , it was all empty , now i only have the empty...
  10. Accidentally deleted user folders

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Accidentally deleted user folders: I accidentally deleted everything inside user folders, now quick shortcuts to download, videos,pictures, etc. don't work...is there any way to get them back? I don't want stuffs that were in there, just the folder shortcuts. submitted by /u/sh1o [link] [comments]...