Windows 10: User accounts are blocked within an AD RODCs, this occurs when the user changes the password.

Discus and support User accounts are blocked within an AD RODCs, this occurs when the user changes the password. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, I comment. I have an AD server is in 2012 R2, this is read only, since a while it is happening that users are blocked after changing the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by JeriRodriguez, Jan 16, 2019.

1. User accounts are blocked within an AD RODCs, this occurs when the user changes the password.

Hello, I comment.​

I have an AD server is in 2012 R2, this is read only, since a while it is happening that users are blocked after changing the password for expiration time. The users change their credentials, they use the computer and when they log in to the computer for the 15 inactive minutes, when they login, the blocked user shows them, and in fact when checking the user account in the AD it appears blocked. This may be resolved only by ticking the account unlocking, sometimes it results in others not, I must delete the credentials saved by Windows (in the user profile) with the command rundll32 keymgr.dll, KRShowKeyMgr or in control panel, You may have to do these many times ... it is more frequent in users who change their password.​

:)

JeriRodriguez, Jan 16, 2019

2. Changing User Accounts Password

Hi Eddy,

If you are an Admin user for your Windows 10 device, it’s still possible to change another user’s password. To perform the said task, follow these steps:

• Simultaneously press Windows + R to open the Run dialog box.
    • Once accessed, type netplwiz and hit
      Enter.
    • Select the user and choose Reset password.
    • Change it to your preferred password.

Once done, you may close the window and try to use the new password for the account.

Don’t hesitate to give us updates on your query.

Arthur Rui, Jan 16, 2019
  3. Arul_D Win User
    I can't rename my user account

Hello Owen,

Welcome to the Microsoft Community.

• Are you using a Microsoft account or local account?
    If you are using local account, I suggest you to follow the below steps to change the user name.

Please follow the steps to rename the user account in Windows 10.

a. In the search box, type user accounts and click on User Accounts.

b. Click on “Change your account name”

c. If it’s prompting for password please enter and click on Yes. If you do not have password click on Yes.

d. Enter the new user name.

e. Click on change name.

If you face any more issues while working with Windows do post on Microsoft Community Forum.

Arul_D, Jan 16, 2019
  4. Ruz San Win User

User accounts are blocked within an AD RODCs, this occurs when the user changes the password.

admin & standard user accounts

Hi Pub Fan,

You can create a new user account on your computer and set is as an administrator. Follow the steps provided on this

page
    . Once you have added a new administrator account, you can change the account type of the original user profile to standard. You can also remove the password for the original account using the new one. Here are the steps:

• Sign in to the new user account.
    • Go to Control Panel.
    • Open User Accounts.
    • Click on User Accounts.
    • Click on Manage another account.
    • Select the old user profile.
    • Select Change the password.
    • Without typing anything in the password fields, click on Change password.
    You will not lose any passwords for your internet sites after applying the changes.

Let us know if you need more help.

Ruz San, Jan 16, 2019
Thema:

User accounts are blocked within an AD RODCs, this occurs when the user changes the password.

1. User accounts are blocked within an AD RODCs, this occurs when the user changes the password. - Similar Threads - User accounts are

2. Adding windows user accounts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Adding windows user accounts: Hi, I just want to ask if its possible to add a user account to another device? so for example is it possible to add a Windows account to device A from device B?...
  3. Adding windows user accounts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Adding windows user accounts: Hi, I just want to ask if its possible to add a user account to another device? so for example is it possible to add a Windows account to device A from device B?...
  4. Adding windows user accounts

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Adding windows user accounts: Hi, I just want to ask if its possible to add a user account to another device? so for example is it possible to add an account to device A from device B? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/adding-windows-user-accounts/228cb889-494c-4828-981e-fb1fce5796f2
  5. User Account Password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    User Account Password: On my laptop I have my Microsoft Account and in there it has my other devices, namely my desktop which I got after my laptop. For some reason my desktop will not open new programs anymore without asking for a password. I have my password for my microsoft account, but that...
  6. When a user password is reset and require user to change password at logon is select, the...

When a user password is reset and require user to change password at logon is select, the...: When I have users forget there password and we reset their password in AD and have the "require user to change password at logon" checked, users get a message logging into their AAD joined machines stating "The sign-in method you're trying to use isn't allowed, Try a...
  7. Adding a user within a charity organisation and user on a domain?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Adding a user within a charity organisation and user on a domain?: I have started working for a charity as an IT volunteer. I have been given a laptop to use. It has 2 users available these being the OldUser and an admin account that just logs onto the PC but has full administrator rights. The charity is on an internal domain lets call it...
  8. user account password

in Windows 10 Customization
    user account password: I never had a user account password on my laptop. I was cleaning things off the computer and accidently deleted the user account. When I re-boot, it is looking for a password. I never had one and I don't know what to do....
  9. Block Users from changing passwords etc

Block Users from changing passwords etc: We are setting up PC's for students We do not want them to be able to change anything in settings such as their passwords We are using Windows 10 Home version and we have an admin account Would this work better in the education version...
  10. Block User on your account

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Block User on your account: To Whom May Concern, I am having trouble with my wifi. It seems I have some one who is lagging onto my wifi connection. Could someone help me understand how I can block this person from getting onto my router? I have gone into windows defender and put a stop to all...