Windows 10: User Accounts As Shown

Discus and support User Accounts As Shown in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Under users on drive C: have all of the following plus my user account: .Net v4.5 .Net v4.5 Classic Admini~1 All users Default Default Users... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by 1lostuser, May 15, 2016.

1. 1lostuser Win User

User Accounts As Shown

Under users on drive C: have all of the following plus my user account:
    .Net v4.5
    .Net v4.5 Classic
    Admini~1
    All users
    Default Users
    Default.Migrated
    Default App Pool
    Public
    However when I go to users in control panel only shows my account. Also at times when doing some checks and
    troubleshooting says must be logged in as administrator but my account is labeled as administrator. Can anyone
    tell me how or if I can get rid of all the user listings other than mine.
    Thanks

:)

1lostuser, May 15, 2016

2. User name shown as email address rather than full name - Microsoft account - Windows 10 upgrade

To whom it may concern,

After upgrading to Windows 10, my Microsoft account's full name shows as my email address rather than my actual name.

I.e.

rather than saying "First Last" is says "*** Email address is removed for privacy ***"

Please help its very annoying.

SpeedWinStreak1991, May 15, 2016
  3. Tryx3 Win User
    I lost Administrator status when my granson piggy-backed onto my account.

Gene,

1 Are you sure that my user name\his name is what you are seeing not computer name\his
    name? That is a common way for usernames to be shown and would not, of itself, be a problem.

2 Try logging into your Grandsons user account using your own password just in case all he has done is rename the user account without having changed anything else.

3 Check which user accounts exist on the computer. Open a command window [Start menu, Windows system, Command prompt] and enter

net user

4 The results will show you all the user accounts on the computer. Ignore DefaultAccount, Administrator, Defaultuser0, Guest. For each of the others enter

net user EachUserNameInTurn

4.1 Make a note of whether they are recognised as Admin accounts or not. This parameter is shown as "Local group memberships"

- an Admin account is shown as a member of the Administrators group [it may also be shown as a member of the Users group as well but that is not significant].

- a Standard user account is shown as a member of the Users group only.

4.2 Make a note of any accounts that have an entry on the Full name line. This indicates user accounts that are linked to an online MSAccount whereas empty Full name lines indicate local accounts.

5 If you tell me what the situation is then I can guide you. You might discover that, just by way of example,

• Your user account no longer exists and your grandson is an Admin, or
    • Your user account exists but is only a Standard user and your grandson is an Admin, or
    • Your user account exists but is only a Standard user and your grandson is also just a Standard user, and
    • There are no other Admin accounts on the computer other than you / your grandson.
    [please remember to tell me which are MSAccounts / local user accounts]

Denis

Tryx3, May 15, 2016
  4. RolandJS Win User

User Accounts As Shown

Be careful removing user accounts not created directly by you, or, those created by Windows Prime and/or 3rd party software. Some of those accounts are necessary for certain operations. In any case, google those names and see what can be deleted safely.

RolandJS, May 15, 2016
Thema:

User Accounts As Shown

1. User Accounts As Shown - Similar Threads - User Accounts Shown

2. Windows 11: User folder not shown in C:\Users

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11: User folder not shown in C:\Users: Hi,I recently installed Windows 11 and upgraded to the last version. I moved the Videos, Download, Pictures and Documents folders to the D:\ drive using the Ubication tab of each folder, and then I realized thay my user folder is not shown anymore in C:\Users. Even activating...
  3. Windows 11: User folder not shown in C:\Users

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11: User folder not shown in C:\Users: Hi,I recently installed Windows 11 and upgraded to the last version. I moved the Videos, Download, Pictures and Documents folders to the D:\ drive using the Ubication tab of each folder, and then I realized thay my user folder is not shown anymore in C:\Users. Even activating...
  4. domain user is shown as DOM\USER in login screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    domain user is shown as DOM\USER in login screen: while i try to login to my pc I have my username automatically shown like <DOM\USER> it used to be only USERNAME idk what happened and I searched for this problem but i can't seem to find anything.......
  5. domain user is shown as DOM\USER in login screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    domain user is shown as DOM\USER in login screen: while i try to login to my pc I have my username automatically shown like <DOM\USER> it used to be only USERNAME idk what happened and I searched for this problem but i can't seem to find anything.......
  6. domain user is shown as DOM\USER in login screen

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Other users are not shown on switch user

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Other users are not shown on switch user: I have a Acer Aspire E 15 E5-576G-5762 laptop with Windows Home 10 64 bit ver 20H2OS Build 19042.985 "as a Standalone home use Machine". I have already read and followed all instructions to resolve this issue which exists for innumerable users but till date it remain...
  8. logged in user not shown in c:\users\user

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    logged in user not shown in c:\users\user: I log onto my computer as "Joe", showing as a local account with administrator privileges, but there is no "joe" under c:\users\user. Instead, when I make changes, they show up in c:\users\users (Appdata and things like that). Could "Joe" somehow be an alias for "user"? When...
  9. No account shown in mail add an account

in Browsers and Email
    No account shown in mail add an account: Hello, I'm using W10 mail (everything is up to date) and when I try to add a mail account I see the "choose an account" window but it's empty. I currently have no mail account that has been added. I tried to uninstall mail, reinstall it with Microsoft store but this...
  10. User name not shown in C:\Users

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    User name not shown in C:\Users: Since updating from Win 7 to Window 10 - I have 'lost' the appropriate user name in C:\users. Therefore when trying to set 2 other computers to recognise this particular laptop is not possible. My account is Local, and the network is private. A visit to C:\users shows the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. .net v4.5 classic appears in username