Windows 10: User Accounts Backup from Win7&Transfer to Win10

Discus and support User Accounts Backup from Win7&Transfer to Win10 in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; A friend of mine is mothballing his 8 yr. old Windows7 PC and just bought a new Windows10 PC.I am in charge of the task in backing up all his files and... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by NIK1, Jan 24, 2020.

1. NIK1 Win User

User Accounts Backup from Win7&Transfer to Win10

A friend of mine is mothballing his 8 yr. old Windows7 PC and just bought a new Windows10 PC.I am in charge of the task in backing up all his files and folders especially the "Three User Accounts" he had on his old computer. What is the best software that's reliable and good to backup his "User Accounts" and files and transfer them to his new Win10 PC so when he boots the computer up the logon screen shows the user accounts choice's like he had before?

:)

2. angus Win User

Settings can't be opened using the built-in administrator account

Hello,
    Unfortunately I have the same issue as Dabz from upgrading win7 to win10.
    I've tried opening settings using all the suggested methods and it will not load using my account with Administrator access nor the built-in Administrator profile. I also tried other methods not listed such as using Run. Control panel is just a stepping stone to add users in Settings.
    I'm also having explorer.exe issues, which I believe is preventing Settings from loading.
    Using cmd (Admin) I successfully created a new user profile [and granted admin access also using cmd (Admin)], however win10 will not allow this account to log on. win10 does not list this new user within control panel but it does in the start menu. win10 will not allow to log in or switch to the new account via the start menu either.
    I can access settings in Safe Mode but this will not allow me to create a new account.
    Any help/suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
    Cheers

angus, Jan 24, 2020
  3. Vesao Win User
    Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

Vesao, Jan 24, 2020
  4. User Accounts Backup from Win7&Transfer to Win10

Upgrade to Win10, BACKUP are still Win7 versions??

Hi John,

Thank you for your reply, appreciate the time taken by you in keeping us updated on the status of the issue.

I suggest you to create a new user account and check if this helps.

Here are the steps:

• Go to Settings.

• Choose Accounts and then select
      Family and other users.

• Select add someone else on this PC.

• Enter a user name and hit next.

• Click on Finish.

• Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Hope this helps.

ThofikhAhamad, Jan 24, 2020
Thema:

User Accounts Backup from Win7&Transfer to Win10

1. User Accounts Backup from Win7&Transfer to Win10 - Similar Threads - User Accounts Backup

2. upgrading from win7 to win10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    upgrading from win7 to win10: I can't find HP ProtectTools Device Access Manager to uninstall. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgrading-from-win7-to-win10/f289a046-d68b-471b-8f6f-de8ed5ccafa6
  3. Outlook 2010/Win7 account Transfer to Office 2019/Win10 PC

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Outlook 2010/Win7 account Transfer to Office 2019/Win10 PC: A friend of mine bought a new windows10 PC to replace the 8-year-old windows7 HP old Junker he had to keep up with the times. I am in charge of the task in backing up his old bomb and transferring his files and folders and 3 user accounts to the new Win10 PC. On his new PC it...
  4. Data Transfer Win7 to Win10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Data Transfer Win7 to Win10: What options do I have for multiple PCs to transfer data from PC to PC? PC Mover is not an option for licensing multiple PCs. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/data-transfer-win7-to-win10/4b17bd7b-981e-4e67-b11a-240ad288aff4"
  5. How i can transfer settings - programs from win7 to win10?

in Windows 10 Support
    How i can transfer settings - programs from win7 to win10?: Hi. Is there any OFFICIAL from Microsoft way to transfer all my win7 apps & settings to a new windows 10 installed system? If there is how i can do that? For example i use mozilla firefox 68.0.2 with settings and plugins. Can i transfer that program with all settings to...
  6. Transfering old emails from Outlook 07, Win7 to new win10 build

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Transfering old emails from Outlook 07, Win7 to new win10 build: My current build is Windows 10 and have installed MS Outlook 2016 Pro Plus. I have a backup copy of my Outlook 2007 PST file from my previous computer that had Windows 7 Home. In fact, I have my old hard drive with all my MS Office 2007 files on it. My old emails, up to...
  7. Transfer Contacts from Win7 to Win10

in Browsers and Email
    Transfer Contacts from Win7 to Win10: My compuiter was running "Windows Live Mail" under Win7 quite(?) happily. Then Microsoft persuaded me to upgrade to Win10, which aslo ran quite(?) happily until last December.Then things went pear-shaped. The upshot was, I went out & bought a new computer, running Win10. I...
  8. Transfer Upgraded Win10 (From win7) license to a new build?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Transfer Upgraded Win10 (From win7) license to a new build?: I built my last computer in 2012 using Win7. I upgraded to Win10 when it became available. I'm now going to build a new machine with only a few parts from the current one. The old machine will be decommissioned, and it's SSD will become a data drive for the new machine which...
  9. transfer emails and favorites from win7 pc to new win10 pc?

in Browsers and Email
    transfer emails and favorites from win7 pc to new win10 pc?: I need to transfer saved emails and all favorites from a win7 pc to a new win10 pc. How do I do that, using a usb drive? Thanks 20831
  10. Upgrading from win7 to win10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrading from win7 to win10: Hello, I have 4 PCs; I was able to upgrade 3, but the fourth one the desktop I couldn't upgrade it. I followed all the workarounds and solution were offered I downloaded the Windows Creation Tool and still cannot update. What should I do? 13716