Windows 10: User accounts "bleed" their settings into other user accounts

Discus and support User accounts "bleed" their settings into other user accounts in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hey there! MSI Trident 3 Windows 10 Home 1909 64-bit Long story short, we bought this computer, set it up, and added a user account for my wife and... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by LumpySpaceGhost, Dec 21, 2020.

1. User accounts "bleed" their settings into other user accounts

Hey there!

MSI Trident 3
    Windows 10 Home 1909 64-bit

Long story short, we bought this computer, set it up, and added a user account for my wife and myself. The issue started with her account icon turning into my icon and now her account has my wallpaper and my color scheme while my account has adopted the mouse pointer that she uses. I've done several google searches and have not found anything on this so, please, be gentle if this question has been asked elsewhere. Would love to know how to prevent this from happening. Thank you in advance!

:)

LumpySpaceGhost, Dec 21, 2020
  2. kenkickr Win User

Deleting User Accounts

If you can access the admin account through safe mode then all you have to do to remove the other account passwords is go into User Accounts in the control panel and either delete the accounts or, I'm not sure, remove the account passwords.

kenkickr, Dec 21, 2020
  3. User Account Settings

Let us create a new administrator account to check if the same thing will happen. Here are the steps:

• Go to Control Panel > User Accounts > User Accounts > Manage another account > Add a new user in PC settings > Add someone else in this PC.
    • Enter the credentials needed.
    • Click the account that you have made and then click the Change account type option.
    • Choose Administrator and then click OK.
    Let us know how it goes.

Jamille Nar, Dec 21, 2020
  4. User accounts "bleed" their settings into other user accounts

User Account Settings

Hello,

To better help you with your concern, kindly provide us the following:

• Screenshot of the User Account Settings that you are trying to access.
    • Steps that you have done with the registry.
    Looking forward to your response.

Jamille Nar, Dec 21, 2020
Thema:

User accounts "bleed" their settings into other user accounts

1. User accounts "bleed" their settings into other user accounts - Similar Threads - User accounts bleed

2. Other User accounts NOT loading

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Other User accounts NOT loading: My NEW laptop, updated to Win11 as soon as I started it, I've created 4 "Users" on it, Only logged on with 1 user until now 6 weeks after buying it tried to log on with any of the other user accounts, and all I get is a BLACK screen after "signing in". Tried Safe...
  3. Other User accounts NOT loading

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Other User accounts NOT loading: My NEW laptop, updated to Win11 as soon as I started it, I've created 4 "Users" on it, Only logged on with 1 user until now 6 weeks after buying it tried to log on with any of the other user accounts, and all I get is a BLACK screen after "signing in". Tried Safe...
  4. Managing Other User account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Managing Other User account: I have given my son a surface to use in school and his profile was created by his school under other users. I am the administrator of the surface but I am unable to add his account to the family account neither am I able to restrict his time on the surface. Is there something...
  5. User Account Settings

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    User Account Settings: Question: I have created a new user account with administration rights. I want to delete this existing user account with standard rights. If I delete the account, will all the install programs and files under this account also be deleted? Or what other solutions can I do to...
  6. User Account Settings

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    User Account Settings: Why can't I change User Account Settings now when I previously could? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/user-account-settings/81a7dba3-9eb4-41ad-bd80-73ba84674f43
  7. User Accounts and settings

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    User Accounts and settings: I somehow created a local account and user accountLogged on using microsoft account both are admin account. I want the user account as the admin only account and remove the local account but I couldn't remove the local account. If removing isn't possible I want to merge the...
  8. User account settings

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    User account settings: My administrative user account automatically changed to local user administrator. My keyboard connections got short, and a technician disabled it keyboard. Now I am passing time on touch keyboard. After disabling keyboard, I'm facing this issue of local account. I don't...
  9. User Account Picture Changing to Other User

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    User Account Picture Changing to Other User: I have three accounts on my desktop Win 10 computer. When another user logs in, the administrative account picture changes to their account picture and the administrative account desktop background changes to their background. In addition, all my laptops using the same MS...
  10. Keyboard on other users accounts

in Windows 10 Support
    Keyboard on other users accounts: I cannot seem to change it for my other user accounts. Mine is fine but the others have @ symbol above the 2 whilst I need it near enter. The language settings are UK and override for windows display language says 'use language list'. I change it to UK and save but it never...