Windows 10: User Accounts link never opens in Windows 10 Control Panel; "Family & other users" link...

Discus and support User Accounts link never opens in Windows 10 Control Panel; "Family & other users" link... in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; The "User Accounts" link never opens in Windows 10 Control Panel; "Family & other users" link never opens in Settings. No error messages ever appear,... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by lysakowski, Jan 6, 2019.

1. User Accounts link never opens in Windows 10 Control Panel; "Family & other users" link...

The "User Accounts" link never opens in Windows 10 Control Panel; "Family & other users" link never opens in Settings.

No error messages ever appear, the "Family and other users" Settings panel just never opens.

When I click on "User Accounts" link or icon in the "All Control Panel Items" in Windows 10, nothing happens. If I right-click on the icon and select Open or Open Window, nothing happens.

I have wasted 5-6 hours trying to fix this problem. And NOTHING that is recommended works.

I have other people in my family who MUST have their own login screen. Right now it looks to them that I am the only user account in the system because there's only 1 account appearing on the login screen.

I cannot Switch Users when I hit Ctrl-Alt-Del, because no other accounts appear on the login screen.

Because the User Accounts link never opens in Windows 10 Control Panel and "Family & other users" link never opens in Settings, I cannot make changes to the ways that accounts are displayed.

If I hit Ctrl-Alt-Del to try to Switch Users, no other user accounts appear. This happens whether or not that currently logged in user (the only one that appears) has a password or not.

I can add accounts as an administrator using the Computer Management plugin in MMC, but then those accounts do not get added to the login screen.

I have applied all patches and the operating system is up to date. I have initiated Repair 2 times with no change to this problem.

This sucks because I don't want to have to reinstall the OS and wipe out many days of work to get my applications and environment set up.

Again no error messages, NO Application or Event Logs show up except:

"The winlogon notification subscriber <SessionEnv> was unavailable to handle a notification event."

"Code integrity determined that the image hash of a file is not valid. The file could be corrupt due to unauthorized modification or the invalid hash could indicate a potential disk device error.

File Name: \Device\HarddiskVolume1\Windows\System32\Windows.Devices.Perception.dll "

Log Name: Application

Source: Microsoft-Windows-Winlogon

Date: 1/6/2019 10:48:34 AM

Event ID: 6000

Task Category: None

Level: Information

Keywords: Classic

User: N/A

Computer: DESKTOP-E49BBUA

Description:

The winlogon notification subscriber <SessionEnv> was unavailable to handle a notification event.

Event Xml:

<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">

<System>

<Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-Winlogon" Guid="{DBE9B383-7CF3-4331-91CC-A3CB16A3B538}" EventSourceName="Wlclntfy" />

<EventID Qualifiers="32768">6000</EventID>

<Version>0</Version>

<Level>4</Level>

<Task>0</Task>

<Opcode>0</Opcode>

<Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>

<TimeCreated SystemTime="2019-01-06T15:48:34.436013900Z" />

<EventRecordID>6702</EventRecordID>

<Correlation />

<Execution ProcessID="0" ThreadID="0" />

<Channel>Application</Channel>

<Computer>DESKTOP-E49BBUA</Computer>

<Security />

</System>

<EventData>

<Data>SessionEnv</Data>

<Binary>D9060000</Binary>

</EventData>

</Event>

Log Name: Security

Source: Microsoft-Windows-Security-Auditing

Date: 1/6/2019 10:56:44 AM

Event ID: 5038

Task Category: System Integrity

Level: Information

Keywords: Audit Failure

User: N/A

Computer: DESKTOP-E49BBUA

Description:

Code integrity determined that the image hash of a file is not valid. The file could be corrupt due to unauthorized modification or the invalid hash could indicate a potential disk device error.

File Name: \Device\HarddiskVolume1\Windows\System32\Windows.Devices.Perception.dll

Event Xml:

<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">

<System>

<Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-Security-Auditing" Guid="{54849625-5478-4994-A5BA-3E3B0328C30D}" />

<EventID>5038</EventID>

<Version>0</Version>

<Level>0</Level>

<Task>12290</Task>

<Opcode>0</Opcode>

<Keywords>0x8010000000000000</Keywords>

<TimeCreated SystemTime="2019-01-06T15:56:44.809497200Z" />

<EventRecordID>110601</EventRecordID>

<Correlation />

<Execution ProcessID="4" ThreadID="6092" />

<Channel>Security</Channel>

<Computer>DESKTOP-E49BBUA</Computer>

<Security />

</System>

<EventData>

<Data Name="param1">\Device\HarddiskVolume1\Windows\System32\Windows.Devices.Perception.dll</Data>

</EventData>

</Event>

:)

lysakowski, Jan 6, 2019

2. User Account Control

Hello,

Open Control Panel and go to User Accounts and Family Safety > User Account.

Click on User Account Control settings link.

Move the Slider to Never Notify.

Click OK to make the change effective.

Reboot.

This should disable UAC.

Regards.

Kapil Arya MVP, Jan 6, 2019
  3. Windows 10 new istallation wrong user name for user folder

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

I would suggest you to create a new user account and check if it helps

To do so, please follow the steps given below:

• Press Windows key + R key, Run window opens.
    • Type control in the open box and click
      Ok.
    • Control Panel windows opens.
    • Click on User accounts and Family Safety.
    • Click on User Account and then click on
      Manage Accounts.
    • Now click on Add a new user and follow the instructions. Check if the issue persists in the new user account.
    Keep us posted if you face any issues on windows in future. We will be glad to help you.

Annu Singh, Jan 6, 2019
  4. User Accounts link never opens in Windows 10 Control Panel; "Family & other users" link...

Extra users on Windows 10 cannot sign in

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I appreciate your interest in Windows 10. We sincerely regret for the inconvenience caused.

I suggest you to move all the accounts and try to create new user account.

In this situation, I suggest you to create a new user account and check if you still face the issue. To create it perform the steps mentioned below.

• Press Windows key + R key, Run window opens.
      • Type control in the open box and click Ok.
      • Control Panel windows opens.
      • Click on User accounts and Family Safety.
      • Click on User Account and then click on Manage Accounts.
      • Now click on Add a new user and follow the instructions.
    Now check if the issue persists in the new user account.

Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Divya Murugan, Jan 6, 2019
Thema:

User Accounts link never opens in Windows 10 Control Panel; "Family & other users" link...

1. User Accounts link never opens in Windows 10 Control Panel; "Family & other users" link... - Similar Threads - User Accounts link

2. advanced user account control panel

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    advanced user account control panel: advanced user account control panel ask me to register admin username and password... but there is only NO button. i couldnt do anything, even install windows media creatio tools...
  3. User Accounts now visible in Control Panel\Users

in Windows 10 Customization
    User Accounts now visible in Control Panel\Users: Windows Server 2019 Standard in Workgroup not domain Several RDP users. SQL Server 2017 Standard Core. So, some week ago I noticed that the users process is not listed anymore. I am logged in as the administrator, still in the Administrators Group. I have tried with other...
  4. Control panel user account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Control panel user account: I forgot to put a password on and i can't switch into the admin account or delete it so how do i fix it and If I take it to the windows center to let them clean up, will it help?...
  5. Family linked user account - Standard

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Family linked user account - Standard: I 'blocked' my sons' account temporarily. Attempting to bring it back, through Family settings, it shows as 'can sign in', allowed, however, his login option does not appear when trying to switch users. I have rebooted the system as well. I found a suggestion for an mmc...
  6. Users accounts linked

Users accounts linked: Within our family microsoft account one of my child's has become linked or synced with mine and is receiving my email notifications and browsing history. Secret online Xmas shopping impossible.... Please help!...
  7. user account control panel

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    user account control panel: When I try and download an app on Windows 10 Pro the UAC panel only has a 'NO' option. The 'YES' option is missing. Have tried various options listed on internet sites but nothing works to date. Thank you...
  8. Control Panel - User accounts -

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Control Panel - User accounts -: My user account doesn't provide a "Create a Password Reset Disk" topic, how can I solve this problem. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/control-panel-user-accounts/51c19f6a-f15b-46cd-a82d-71e1c34e15a7
  9. Missing Control Panel Link

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Missing Control Panel Link: Thanks Brink for the fix! I don't know which update was the culprit that destroyed the "Control Panel" link in the Win+X menu because I just discovered it. I searched and searched and couldn't imagine why I couldn't find it. Finally did some searches online and discovered MS...
  10. PC user name is not in the users accounts in control panel

PC user name is not in the users accounts in control panel: I have a PC, that has a User name (names changed for security) ...User name ABCD. Groing to the Dir C:\Users I can plainly see a directory ABDCZ (again fake username for security) Other dir under d:\users are the usual that include ABDCZ and the below: All users Default...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 user window never opens