Windows 10: User accounts / login screen

Discus and support User accounts / login screen in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, I have two issues and I suspect they are related. I am using Windows 10 version 1909. Ultimately, I want to disable the login screen when... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by greenevening, May 21, 2020.

1. User accounts / login screen

Hello, I have two issues and I suspect they are related.

I am using Windows 10 version 1909.

Ultimately, I want to disable the login screen when starting windows.

I have unchecked the box that asks for a password under netplwiz, and unchecked the box for password login under power and sleep settings.

I am still asked to login when I start windows. I suspect this is because there are two user accounts.

One user account is just user, which is what I use. The other is my name, John, which I must have set up when I was installing windows and I don't remember the password for.

I tried to delete the John account so it would just login automatically to the user account, but when I go under user accounts after typing in systempropertiesadvanced under the run command, I don't see this "John" account.

So in short, I have done all the things that a simple google search would suggest for me to disable the logon screen following a restart, but to no avail. I suspect this is because of a second user account for which I don't know the password, but I can't seem to find this account anywhere to delete it.

Any suggestions? Thank you for your time!

:)

greenevening, May 21, 2020
  2. ATIonion Win User

login screens

goto CONTROL PANEL/ USER ACCOUNTS then you have to remove all the other accounts except for the one you logon with....then restart...it should bypass the login tho it will still show the screen for it...it will continue to load windows...good luck*Rockout :rockout:

edit:: it asks for a login when there are more then one accounts..or if you set a pw to your login name...

ATIonion, May 21, 2020
  3. Mohan B P Win User
    User accounts not visible in Windows login screen.

Hi,

I realize that you are unable to see the user accounts in the Windows login screen, let me assist you.

This issue might happen if the user account is disabled, I suggest you to follow the below steps to check if the user accounts are disabled and try enabling them.

• Press Windows key + X key and click on
      Computer Management.

• Click on Local Users and Groups in the left pane.

• Double click on Users option and check if the accounts are visible.

(The user accounts with a downward arrow symbol on it are disabled accounts.)

• Double click on the account that you want to enable.

• In the General tab, uncheck the option
      Account is disabled.

• Click on Apply and then Ok.

• Restart the system and check if the issue is resolved.

Hope the information helps. Kindly write back to us for further assistance on Windows. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohan B P, May 21, 2020
  4. marknyy Win User

User accounts / login screen

Windows users at login

I cannot see all of my user accounts on the login screen on a new Windows 10 laptop. I have an account for my son and it does not appear as a user on the login screen. It is listed if I display the users with the CMD prompt. The only account I see is my
    account which is an admin. His account is a user. All the suggestions I've seen are not available on home edition.

marknyy, May 21, 2020
Thema:

User accounts / login screen

1. User accounts / login screen - Similar Threads - User accounts login

2. remove user account in login screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    remove user account in login screen: Hello, My windows 10 was set up originally with a local user account. Later I added my online account and deleted the local account from "control panel". So now there is only one account online account under "control panel->user accounts". I wanted to set up auto login from...
  3. user account login failed

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    user account login failed: i try to log into my laptop but could not login. i changed my password and still i cannot login please check to it to use my laptop. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/user-account-login-failed/292450a3-dafc-493b-bad9-e2572ab43a9c
  4. User account missing from login screen

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    User account missing from login screen: I cant log in to my main user profile. Previously I had an issue where I was getting notifications saying to set up Windows Hello, although I already had a pin, and when I tried to create a pin, it would ask for my pin to verify identity then the window would just close....
  5. User account missing from login screen

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    User account missing from login screen: I cant log in to my main user profile. Previously I had an issue where I was getting notifications saying to set up Windows Hello, although I already had a pin, and when I tried to create a pin, it would ask for my pin to verify identity then the window would just close....
  6. User accounts / login screen

User accounts / login screen: Hello, I have two issues and I suspect they are related. I am using Windows 10 version 1909. Ultimately, I want to disable the login screen when starting windows. I have unchecked the box that asks for a password under netplwiz, and unchecked the box for password login...
  7. Multiple users on login screen

Multiple users on login screen: Hi guys I'd like to use Prey project on my notebook. I recently updated from windows 8 pro to windows 10. Prey software is effective only if thief can use my notebook. I set up guest account without password but every time i start computer I have to enter username and...
  8. Remove user account pic at login screen

Remove user account pic at login screen: I thought I read somewhere how to do this but can't find it anymore. Anyway, I want to remove the user account pic at the login screen. Not change it but remove it completely so all I have is a clean background (I've already removed the background picture and set it to a...
  9. Deleted user account name appears on login screen

Deleted user account name appears on login screen: When starting my PC the user account name from a deleted user account appears as the default login account. This user account does not appear when looking at the manage user account screens as it was deleted by the account holder (the former owner of the PC). How do I...
  10. Same user account twice on login screen

Same user account twice on login screen: Hi all, I have a very weird situation going on on my login screen: basically, the username appears twice and, if I click on the second 'username', I get a different login screen but it logs into the same account anyway? I have taken a couple of screenshots, as they better...