Windows 10: user accounts missing from logon screen

Discus and support user accounts missing from logon screen in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have several user accounts on my laptop but after updating recently only about half of them now appear on my logon screen.The accounts still show in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by jizzlobber, Aug 14, 2019.

1. user accounts missing from logon screen

I have several user accounts on my laptop but after updating recently only about half of them now appear on my logon screen.The accounts still show in the users folder and are in the NETUSER list but they don't show in NETPLWIZ box.I have seen articles that suggest this can be fixed in win 10 pro but I'm on win10home.I believe its a well known issue ,,How do i fix it? ta

:)

jizzlobber, Aug 14, 2019

2. Missing Account Logon on Sign-In Screen

I have a Surface Pro 3 running Windows 10. Recently I ran netplwiz to modify my account user name. When I rebooted my computer, I no longer had the option to logon at the sign-in screen. The only logon available to me is the Administrator account. When I
    logon as the administrator, User Accounts shows only the Administrator account and it does not allow me to add any new accounts from Settings. If I try to add my account by using netplwiz to get User Accounts and add an account from there, I get the message
    that my account already exists on the PC - even though there is no option to logon at the sign-in screen.

Help!

Bill W. in VA, Aug 14, 2019
  3. Windows 10 account login missing after sign out

Hello,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience as you are unable to see Microsoft account on logon screen on your computer, we will help you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to logon with the existing user account and perform the below steps:

• Logon with the temporary user account.
    • Press Windows + R to open Run command.
    • Type netplwiz in the text area on Run command
      and press Enter.
    • This will open the list of all user accounts on your computer along with the user types.
    • Search for the Microsoft administrator account.
    Do let us know if you are able to see the account in the list.

Kindly get back to us with the required information, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Aug 14, 2019
  4. user accounts missing from logon screen

Windows 10 Administrator id - User Accounts and Logon Screen

Glad that your concern about the update has been resolved.

You can create a new administrator account and then delete the account that has been made by the Answer Desk. Follow the steps below:

For creating a new administrator account:

• Go to Control Panel > User Accounts > User Accounts > Manage another account > Add a new user in PC settings > Add someone else in this PC.
    • Enter the credentials needed.
    • Click the account that you have made and then click the Change account type
      option.
    • Choose Administrator and then click OK.
    • Restart your computer.
    For removing the account that you don't want to see on the logon screen of your computer.

• Go to Control Panel > User Accounts > User Accounts > Manage another account >
      click the account that you are referring to > Delete the account.
    • Choose whether to Delete Files or Keep Files
      for that specific account.
    Let us know how it goes.

Jamille Nar, Aug 14, 2019
Thema:

user accounts missing from logon screen

1. user accounts missing from logon screen - Similar Threads - user accounts missing

2. User account missing from lock screen, Windows 10 Home

in Windows 10 Gaming
    User account missing from lock screen, Windows 10 Home: So our C drive was getting full and I deleted some apps and things. Then my husband's user profile disappeared from our home lock screen. We use to see both names on the bottom left for each of us to sign in. I thought I accidentally somehow deleted his account but his name...
  3. Other User on logon screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Other User on logon screen: Hi, the laptop given to me by my school suddenly started saying other user on logon, I am not the administrator is there anyway to fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/other-user-on-logon-screen/dbadf391-f7b2-44a2-aef4-dd4257875d3a
  4. User account missing from login screen

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    User account missing from login screen: I cant log in to my main user profile. Previously I had an issue where I was getting notifications saying to set up Windows Hello, although I already had a pin, and when I tried to create a pin, it would ask for my pin to verify identity then the window would just close....
  5. User account missing from login screen

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    User account missing from login screen: I cant log in to my main user profile. Previously I had an issue where I was getting notifications saying to set up Windows Hello, although I already had a pin, and when I tried to create a pin, it would ask for my pin to verify identity then the window would just close....
  6. User account missing from log-in screen. The account missing is also the administrator account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    User account missing from log-in screen. The account missing is also the administrator account: I have a Lenovo laptop. I have created 3 user accounts. Two of which are just for storing personal files, one for my sister, one for my mother. The 3rd account I use for work is the administrator account. My sister was saving files on her account last night, and this morning...
  7. User accounts have disappeared from Windows 10 logon screen

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    User accounts have disappeared from Windows 10 logon screen: I can still log on to my account , but the other users' (my family's) accounts do not appear on the logon page (normally in bottom left hand corner) so can't switch users. All the accounts are still on the computer, I just can't get to them....
  8. How to hide a user account from the logon screen?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How to hide a user account from the logon screen?: I'm trying to create a user account that I need to run some apps with using a remote connection. (The reason for a separate account is so that I can assign it a special set of permissions/privileges.) If I create just another user account, it shows up in the logon screen....
  9. How to hide a user account from the logon screen?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to hide a user account from the logon screen?: I'm trying to create a user account that I need to run some apps with using a remote connection. (The reason for a separate account is so that I can assign it a special set of permissions/privileges.) If I create just another user account, it shows up in the logon screen....
  10. Hide email / Ms user account at logon screen - Security !!

in Windows 10 Support
    Hide email / Ms user account at logon screen - Security !!: Hi there. I stupidly signed on with an Ms user ID - so at login time it shows my user name (on the computer) + the email address (Ms account user name) on the login. The old Local user just gave you your USER Name - and a panel to enter the password. On the Ms user...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. other user accounts missing windows 10

2. user disappeared on window 10 login screen

3. windows 10 user account disappeared from login screen

4. user account missing,
  5. windows 10 user missing from login screen,
  6. accounts disappeared from login screen,
  7. sign in with a local account instead missing,
  8. username missing from logon windows 10,
  9. user account missing from logon screen